PDA

View Full Version : Good Skill Manager

PenguinNick
05-06-04, 10:24
Anyone have a link to a good skill manager?

naimex
05-06-04, 10:27
sorry Nick,

Smokers Skillmanager is not allowed to be "shared".

Judge
05-06-04, 10:59
Why is that?

Also, its not updated atm anyway. Or can you update it manually?

Oath
05-06-04, 11:04
Why is that?

Also, its not updated atm anyway. Or can you update it manually?

He means the newest one.

Judge
05-06-04, 11:49
So why aren't you meant to share it?

Oath
05-06-04, 11:52
Dunno, it's beta atm so that may be why.

well... afaik it's beta

naimex
05-06-04, 11:58
its beta, and there will be made a full version for those that have helped in making it..

due to struggles, between runner and moderator, it is not allowed to share the skillmanáger from version 2 and up.

Morganth
05-06-04, 11:59
its beta, and there will be made a full version for those that have helped in making it..

due to struggles, between runner and moderator, it is not allowed to share the skillmanáger from version 2 and up.

Wow, nice to see that the Neocron community knows the basics of living, selfishness being their strongest achievement.

Sorin
05-06-04, 11:59

Well unless he hacked the game files and figured out KK's backwater coding to make the uber perfect 100% accurate skill/resist manager, I don't see what the problem is.

Could someone who know PM me and fill me in?

whifix
05-06-04, 12:00
http://www.luminous-path.de/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?cid=1&lid=3
//Edit//
Even though the page isn't in english, the skillmanager there is.

Oath
05-06-04, 12:01
Wow, nice to see that the Neocron community knows the basics of living, selfishness being their strongest achievement.

He is not required to share the skillmanager in any form is he.

I don't think i'm getting your point in this post if i'm not then sorry.

naimex
05-06-04, 12:16
http://www.luminous-path.de/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?cid=1&lid=3
//Edit//
Even though the page isn't in english, the skillmanager there is.

wow nice..

He makes a skill manager to make it easier for the lot of you...

and you use it freely and a lot..

and then you WILL NOT listen to his one request..

not to share it....

(even though its not you sharing it, its you downloading it)

Even scavengers and beasts show eachother respect..

Give him some ffs...

slaughteruall
05-06-04, 12:18
wow nice..

not to share it....

Give him some ffs...

You should be mad at who ever this person who owns the site is. he must be in the loop to have the beta manager and is freely distrobuting it.

Slaughter

Morganth
05-06-04, 12:18
He is not required to share the skillmanager in any form is he.

I don't think i'm getting your point in this post if i'm not then sorry.

I didn't say he was, although isn't it a greater achievement to create something that many will use, instead of a select few? Say a few hundred people use the new skillmanager when if it was released to the community, thay are all gonna be grateful to the creator(s), whereas if only the people which helped develop it do, it kinda destroys the whole point in creating it.

Its like coming up with an idea which could change the way people live their lives, or coming up with a cure for a disease, then not letting anyone else have access to it because they didn't help. I stand by what I said about people being selfish.

naimex
05-06-04, 12:20
You should be mad at who ever this person who owns the site is. he must be in the loop to have the beta manager and is freely distrobuting it.

Slaughter

no, he musnt..

it was free for all, in the beginning, until he felt mistreated.. and then he requested it be taken down..

I know I honoured his request.. I still got it, but I removed all valid links to it.

slaughteruall
05-06-04, 12:22
no, he musnt..

it was free for all, in the beginning, until he felt mistreated.. and then he requested it be taken down..

I know I honoured his request.. I still got it, but I removed all valid links to it.

Ah thats what i get for assuming things then.

Slaughter

mystery8
05-06-04, 12:27

That's a shame. It was really looking to be the best Skill Manager I've seen.

[Edit]
Just so I'm clear on this, Smoker's SkillManager 2.0 final will not be released to the public? Or is it just the Beta that won't be public?

naimex
05-06-04, 12:32
go to my forum, read the note from himself..

and i talked to him personally on msn, where i asked him if he wanted me to take the links down, and he said he had taken his link down..

and then of respect for him, i took mine down too..

Morganth
05-06-04, 12:37
go to my forum, read the note from himself..

That clears the story up sooo much :rolleyes:

Yekta
05-06-04, 12:55
Sorry but :
im one of the beta tester and i have asked the owner if i can give it to my clanmembers and it was ok.
Because of low visitors on our page i have posted the manager into our DL section for easier DL ....
Sorry, but cant really know, that someone was SO interested about this and post this link here inside !

But thanks for the advertising :)

@Smoker, sorry - i have deleted it !

@Mods - pls delete the DL link from our Page !

ou7blaze
05-06-04, 22:25
Sorry but :
im one of the beta tester and i have asked the owner if i can give it to my clanmembers and it was ok.
Because of low visitors on our page i have posted the manager into our DL section for easier DL ....
Sorry, but cant really know, that someone was SO interested about this and post this link here inside !

But thanks for the advertising :)

@Smoker, sorry - i have deleted it !

@Mods - pls delete the DL link from our Page !

damn !!!! :P

Birkoff
05-06-04, 23:49
Is the new 1 the one that needs .net framework installed?

naimex
06-06-04, 00:03
Is the new 1 the one that needs .net framework installed?

uhh...

think one is vb and other is c+ dont hold me up on it.. I honestly dont know..

but i know you needed it for v2.

Maester Seymour
06-06-04, 07:55
Well i find it a shame that Smoker decided not to share his skillmanager with anyone apart from the people that have helped in making it, it is by far the best out there and he musta put a lot of time and effort into creating em..
Although i find what Morganth said is kinda true tbh..

although isn't it a greater achievement to create something that many will use, instead of a select few? Say a few hundred people use the new skillmanager when if it was released to the community, thay are all gonna be grateful to the creator(s), whereas if only the people which helped develop it do, it kinda destroys the whole point in creating it.

But if he don't wanna share it, thats his decision and so be it.. Maybe someone else may make one just as good one day, and share it to the rest of the community like smoker used to :)

TheDuckMan
06-06-04, 08:05
well... i know alittle VB... maybe if someone helped me out with some formulas i could put one together?

nothin else to do... got alllll summer

Morganth
06-06-04, 09:12
But if he don't wanna share it, thats his decision and so be it.. Maybe someone else may make one just as good one day, and share it to the rest of the community like smoker used to :)

Even though I have yet to see a reason (in English) as to why he won't share it. And if I get directed to naimex's forum where there is a post, that gives no more information than I found in this post.

Mr Friendly
09-08-04, 06:29
wow nice..

not to share it....

Give him some ffs...

90% of us dont use it for the resist %s genious, we need sumthin just to make a setup with as in points. keep the forumlas if u want, all WE need is the skillmanager

juvestar15
09-08-04, 07:32
I don't see how hard it would be to make one. He has done most of the work with collecting data. All you need is someone to update those files and then the GUI with some bits of code.

There's plenty of people here that could do it. Why is everyone bowing to him?

jini
09-08-04, 08:08
I believe all that's needed is a nice excel file with tear down menus. And if naimex wants to, he can share his database with all the neocron items...

evs
09-08-04, 09:46
woot!

nice 2 month old thread bump lol :rolleyes: