PDA

View Full Version : Here's an idea....

ghandisfury
05-06-04, 05:52
Let's make every class in the game so rediculously overpowered that nobody can kill anybody. Let's bring Hybrids back in full force, boost tanks resists, make APUs one hit kills, make PPUs un-killable, give spies a weapon that makes them invulnerable, and give PEs a weapon that will anihilate entire zones. OOOOORRRR.....Maybe we should tone down the crap that is already rediculously overpowere I.E. Melee tanks. They don't need to be toned down a bit, they need a hit with the nerf bat the would make Nid crap his pants.

naimex
05-06-04, 05:53
.....sounds like heaven.............

...........carebear heaven....

Shadow Dancer
05-06-04, 05:54
lmfao Naimex.

Well Ghandi, do you think melee tanks were overpowered prepatch?

Eledhbrant
05-06-04, 05:59
I think Melee tanks were FINE prepatch, a good melee tank vs a good hc tank in a duel was very interesting to watch. Melee hurt. There was a time when it didnt, but they fixed that, then they went too far :/

Shadow Dancer
05-06-04, 06:01
There was a time when it didnt, but they fixed that, then they went too far :/

You sound like a movie preview. :p

But I agree, they were totally fine prepatch. I'm not saying they are overpowered now, I'm just saying from my experience they were fine prepatch.

ghandisfury
05-06-04, 06:14
Well Ghandi, do you think melee tanks were overpowered prepatch?

In a way yes. Not because of the amount of damage, but simply because they aim like an APU, and move like shit off a shovel. I've seen a melee (prepatch) take on 6-7 people and kick some ass. Melee now is so overpowered it's not funny. Prepatch they were fun to fight, and fun to play. After this patch they are WAY overpowered.

seraphian
05-06-04, 06:39
argh, yet another nerf post...

if we keep begging for nerfs, eventually the opposite of the super-everything will happen.

GMs will finally give us what we want and nerf the shit out of everything, then PvP battles will last hours and a Percy will take 5 people to take down...

Drake6k
05-06-04, 06:41
I dont think melee is that overpowered. At least not in bigger fights.

Dont nerf my melee PE 8|

Shadow Dancer
05-06-04, 14:28
Drake how long have you had your melee PE? Was he melee before the patch?

retr0n
05-06-04, 14:39
This shit is seriously funny.
Pre-patch everybody used to tell me that melee sucked. I should lom to H-C
and be a "real" tank / dmg dealer. I liked melee dmg pre-patch. I played the
class because it was fun, but whenever i entered pepper park everybody would
simply think "Oh a melee, easy kill"

Now that melee has got a boost (if it's overpowered or not i'm not going to
debate anymore) those same people are saying that "melee was fine pre-patch"

Yes it was fine, I liked it, but not many did and alot of people considered
melee to be a whole lot worse then H-C.

Just nerf us back to pre-patch so I can play my class again without being
called overpowered.

MkVenner
05-06-04, 14:52
my PE was melee before the patch, and he was ok...tho i couldnt take on more than 2 at the most, now i can if i move...dont nerf me plz hes the only guy i dont get pwned on lol

we cant keep getting everything nerfed ffs

and1guy
05-06-04, 14:56
Nerf Em To All Friggin Hell!! Woo Woo Nerf Nerf

*edit* o wow.. if you type in all caps it just edits your post and capitalizes letters.. YOU FUGGIN BASTIDS!!!

Q`alooaith
05-06-04, 14:59
I'd not mind one bit if it took 5 people to take down a perc..

I think that's the way it should have been from the start, needing team's to take down anything over rank 75/75

MrChumble
05-06-04, 15:04
GMs will finally give us what we want and nerf the shit out of everything, then PvP battles will last hours and a Percy will take 5 people to take down...

You say that like it's a bad thing?

I saw a fight between an apu and a hc tank just a few minutes ago. Both capped or near enough, the fight lasted about 20 seconds. Two months + leveling for 20 seconds combat. Whoo.

It's like OP wars; ages getting ready, trying to find an enemy, getting everyone there, sorting some sort of plan, then you sit around for 30 mins waiting to see if they come, they finally do (sometimes) you have a 2 minute fight where you most likely FRE and die. What the hell is the point.

Neocron is suffering from really serious power-creep. Everything is overpowered. Every single fighting style needs a 50% power nerf right now, but leave resists as they are. Then maybe we can have running battles in PP again 8|

mishkin
05-06-04, 15:12
I agree totally with chumble... Why do you want battles to last 2 seconds?
I don't enjoy running into battle and firing a couple of rounds to just fall over within seconds... I like having long duels with people, makes it more interesting.

If you made a movie, with lots of big battles, would you make people die instantly from the touch of a sword, or would you make them bleed alot and still fight along?

I know which alternative I would choose...

PvP damage should be almost the same as PvM, at least imo. This would make it possible to defend oneself from pk'ers, plus, we would get more interesting op-wars and longer duels/battles overall. As it is now, balancing weapons with this high damage output in PvP must be hell. If the damage output was decreased in PvP, balancing would become much easier, since it wouldnt be splitting hairs anymore. Think about it.
:rolleyes:

Eledhbrant
05-06-04, 15:49
I agree totally with chumble... Why do you want battles to last 2 seconds?

And some people want shields self-cast only?

Houston
05-06-04, 15:56
Drake how long have you had your melee PE? Was he melee before the patch?
Yes he was. o_O

Shadow Dancer
05-06-04, 16:50
Yes he was. o_O

I was just curious, wanted to know if melee pes got more powerful.

I've always wanted to try a melee pe.

MkVenner
05-06-04, 17:01
Theyve not got much powerfuller, we can use Tai Chi sword with Drugs which does more dam than a BoC did...so weve just swapped one weapon for another really...

MC PEs for imo, Tons of Agi, all you int is available for a Tradeskill if you want, and enough HC left over for a little ranged power, and a Trike :p, and no -MST from PA, Inq and Duranit 4 armour, tho only light belts

This is my setup tho its a work in progress and im not totally capped yet, 1st is self buffed with Melee 1, Spy 1, Basic Resist 2, Shelter Blessed Deflector and Beast. Second is OpWar one, Haz 3, Melee 3, Spy 3, S/D

naimex
05-06-04, 17:54
MK

a good idea is to make all your char setups from a capped, self buffed point of view..

I know that did wonders for my setups...

just a tip.

Some day you won´t have a ppu around, to give holy buffs.. and then it is very much dependand that you have a viable setup as an independant.

;)

tomparadox
05-06-04, 18:04
ffs, some of the people in this game are pathetic, DONT NERF THE DAMN MELEE...

You half to develope stratagy or a tactic to kill them, its not that hard, but stop trying to nerf the shit out of every damn thing you cant kill, thats parshly whats fucked this game up in balense so much...

Eledhbrant
05-06-04, 18:10
Tom, step back for a minute and look at the facts.

Compare a CS Tank to a PoB Tank

The CS Tank loses 50% of his runspeed while fighting, if *IF* he caps his ROF he still fires in 5 bursts then reloads. His PA slows him down also.

The PoB tank loses no runspeed to fight, HAS CAPPED DMG AND ROF ON HIS WEAPON SINCE HE WAS MID LEVEL, never has to reload and is NOT slowed down by his PA.

I bet, if you tested it, and put a CS tank in front of a PoB tank, and told them both to hold down their fire buttons, the CS tank would drop first.

The whole point of melee was more runspeed less damage, but if the melee user does more damage than the heavy user whats the point?

Oh yeah, melee tanks get capped resist force and fucktons of transport too.

tomparadox
05-06-04, 18:44
Tom, step back for a minute and look at the facts.

Compare a CS Tank to a PoB Tank

The CS Tank loses 50% of his runspeed while fighting, if *IF* he caps his ROF he still fires in 5 bursts then reloads. His PA slows him down also.

The PoB tank loses no runspeed to fight, HAS CAPPED DMG AND ROF ON HIS WEAPON SINCE HE WAS MID LEVEL, never has to reload and is NOT slowed down by his PA.

I bet, if you tested it, and put a CS tank in front of a PoB tank, and told them both to hold down their fire buttons, the CS tank would drop first.

The whole point of melee was more runspeed less damage, but if the melee user does more damage than the heavy user whats the point?

Oh yeah, melee tanks get capped resist force and fucktons of transport too.

hmm, no, dont fuck with there dmg, or theyll suck, if you fuck with there runspeed, theyll suck because then they cant outrun the people and the person jest runs away. there tasers suck ass so they cant freez people worth a damn if they cant outrun them, or dont do a lot of dmg, maby nerf runspeed MABY a little bit but dont Fing do a hole lot or theyll all suck... maby get the rang a bit because 5 meters is a bit much... IMO they need HC eyes and shit so that the HC tank dosent half to spend ALL of his points into HC, they need the same imps melee has, jest HC insted and maby some diferent negatives. melee is ment to be fast, and if you get hit with an energy sowrd, dont you think it would take off more than 20 dmg ? melee tanks arnt that strong i can take one out with a PE without a problem.

ghandisfury
05-06-04, 21:12
This is rediculous. Right now Melee hits the hardest in the game. There is ZERO runspeed loss, and they have no aiming retinal. There is no reason not to be a melee tank aside from no AOE (but spies don't have it either).

So much of this sounds like the old hybrid argument it's not funny. "if you slow us down we will suck". "If we get a nerf we will suck". "if you take away holy shelter and holy heal and holy lighting we will suck". Please forgive me for my frustration, but it's a bunch of crap. If KK decides to take away the element that makes you overpowered, it doesn't mean you will suck, it just means you will be on the same playing field as everybody else. If you take melee tank right now and place him against any other class, I would be willing to bet that the other class will die first....APU/HC tank/PE/ whatever. The other class will die first. So not only are they the hardest hitters, but they are the hardest to hit (no slow down).

Melee was fine before this patch. Infact, it was right online with the PE (that IMO is the only balanced class in the game). Put it back to where it was.

MrChumble
05-06-04, 22:48
Two things annoy me about this whole melee business:

1) LoM to melee you bone idle slackers

2) It's perfectly possible to be a hybrid tank now (in fact it was in the last patch as well). You can cap dmg on your melee weapon of choice and still have enough HC kicking around to do 130% or so damage with Moonstriker (throw in a Beast and you'll get even more, and I'd guess around 160% or so with CS).

So CS isn't the most awesome tank weapon anymore. Well boo fucking hoo. Take some fucking LoM pills. NC has always been swings and round-a-bouts. This week Melee is good, last week HL was good, a while back it was hybrids, and let's not forget those uber PEs and pistol spies. STFU, deal with it, wait for the next patch to swing everything round again. Just be thankful you don't have to LoM to rifle or some shit like that.

In the meantime, if you wish to moan ceaselessly about something KK are entirely aware of already, moan about their maggot brain infested PPU decisions. There's something that really IS totally and utterly overpowered and balance destroying.

Or, you know, talk about some of the GOOD stuff they've done lately; DoY tunnels, Droner fixes, regular updates from Thanatos, fixes to critical issues, long hours put into BDoY, Nidhoggs new haircut, that new squid mob out in the swamps that's pure comedy...

OR! Just go watch Terminator 3 cos it's not as god awful as you might initially suspect.

Wh00t for beer.

Birkoff
05-06-04, 23:19
I was Melee Pre patch and i was druggign into a Paw of Bear, it was perfect bliss... i was having a shit load of fun. Killing a HC tank was a struggle and a reward at the end.

Now i do stupid ammound of straight out poison/force/pierce at the sanme time Its boring Very very boring... Killed a apu/2tanks in PP (Said that b4 but hey), i can't use tech weapons so i lomed my TC to MORE agil.

Its made me LOM to pistols Melee is no fun anless ur 1 of thsoe ppl that likes the overpowered thing. It sucks :(

GIVE ME BACK MY PRE PATCH MELEE PE!!!!

{MD}GeistDamnit
05-06-04, 23:24
You say that like it's a bad thing?

I saw a fight between an apu and a hc tank just a few minutes ago. Both capped or near enough, the fight lasted about 20 seconds. Two months + leveling for 20 seconds combat. Whoo.

It's like OP wars; ages getting ready, trying to find an enemy, getting everyone there, sorting some sort of plan, then you sit around for 30 mins waiting to see if they come, they finally do (sometimes) you have a 2 minute fight where you most likely FRE and die. What the hell is the point.

Neocron is suffering from really serious power-creep. Everything is overpowered. Every single fighting style needs a 50% power nerf right now, but leave resists as they are. Then maybe we can have running battles in PP again 8|

That would be great, will we ever see that? who knows :(

Birkoff
06-06-04, 01:03
I don't know where u OP war, wehave had some very nice long OP wars, its jsut a sahme about the population onpluto atm.

Eledhbrant
06-06-04, 02:40
and if you get hit with an energy sowrd, dont you think it would take off more than 20 dmg?

Dont even START with the realism argument cos it gets smacked down SO fast.

You dont think a BIG FUCKING PLASMA CANNON wouldnt melt the flesh of some idiot with a sword?

You dont think a BOLT OF LIGHTNING FROM THE FUCKING HEAVENS wouldnt drop some idiot running around?

Try another angle genius.

Shadow Dancer
06-06-04, 05:58
Nidhogg got a new haircut?

Sigma
06-06-04, 06:52
Dont even START with the realism argument cos it gets smacked down SO fast.

You dont think a BIG FUCKING PLASMA CANNON wouldnt melt the flesh of some idiot with a sword?

You dont think a BOLT OF LIGHTNING FROM THE FUCKING HEAVENS wouldnt drop some idiot running around?

Try another angle genius.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

owned :D

and yes melee needs to be toned down dmgwise, BUT keep the new additional dmg (poison/xray)

btw. my uncapped melee-PE took down a PPU prepatch, NERF!!111onetwoletsgo

Samhain
06-06-04, 06:54
Melee isn't strong enough. Energy swords should cut everyone in half with one swipe, even the lowest TL ones.

trigger hurt
06-06-04, 07:36
ffs, some of the people in this game are pathetic, DONT NERF THE DAMN MELEE...

You half to develope stratagy or a tactic to kill them, its not that hard, but stop trying to nerf the shit out of every damn thing you cant kill, thats parshly whats fucked this game up in balense so much...
Ok

Enlighten me on this strategy to take down something that kills my fighting char in a mere 3 swipes from a non-rare medium TL weapon. I shoot him in the legs and try to get out of range...odd...didn't seem to affect him being able to catch me.

The tasers do not suck. That damn high tl rare taser glues me to the floor like paraspam and the drugs don't work fast enough to help because as I said, it only takes 3 swipes to kill me with a non-rare mid-level weapon.

Yes, I have resist force. 80 total in str, plus that of armor (inq 1) and it still kicks my ass. Now, I could lom a bit more, but then I wouldnt be able to carry the ammo for my friggin gun. Can't get poison resist cause then everything else will kick my ass.

I don't want to be better than everyone else...I want everyone to be viable, but viable isnt killing a capped char in seconds when he's pounding you with a TL 114 rifle and you are outdamaging it with a non-rare.

Bl@zed
06-06-04, 08:39
Let's make every class in the game so rediculously overpowered that nobody can kill anybody. Let's bring Hybrids back in full force, boost tanks resists, make APUs one hit kills, make PPUs un-killable, give spies a weapon that makes them invulnerable, and give PEs a weapon that will anihilate entire zones. OOOOORRRR.....Maybe we should tone down the crap that is already rediculously overpowere I.E. Melee tanks. They don't need to be toned down a bit, they need a hit with the nerf bat the would make Nid crap his pants.

melee needs to be toned down just a tad, and it will be even with heavy combat, it does nto need to be hit with a nerf bat so to speak, cause it only does a little more damage than h-c tanks overall. AND when melee is slightly balenced make fucking hand gernades m-c req!!

Eledhbrant
06-06-04, 14:10
On a brighter note - rare grenades (MC ones) would rock, imagine groups of people actually NEEDING TO SCATTER cos a grenade landed between them :lol: