PDA

View Full Version : Gun Idea(have to read to find out/w poll

Clive tombstone
05-06-04, 05:43
Ok, Glad you have chosen to read my humble thread, I shall now tell you of my story, and Idea.

Here it go'es :)

Ok, I was out in the wastes, shootin at some mobs, trying to make enough money to buy a terminator offa someone ingame. Anyways, while im doing this, Im using my old Pain easer, WHICH has served me well for a long time, yet I feel kinda bored...

Seeing how I am a lowtech rifle man (and I am far to lazy to Lom to pistol) I feel that my, err , Divercity of weapons, is very limited, well as far as rares go. So then I worked harder and harder, trying to find usefull implants that may sell for something, and some Rare parts they may ALSO sell for something more than squat (seeing how I've been getting nothing but PSI weapon Parts :mad: ) I feel so good now that Ive hit the 1.5 mil marker just yesterday (thats about 1.2mil more than I had when i restarted my account about 5 days ago) I feel that Im REALLY close to my goal. but then I had a thought.

What else was there for lowtech rifles?

Then I hit me

When I was digging through my cabinets in my old starter appartment, I found my trusty 5 slot Street model rifle. God old Sparky (yes I name some of my guns, but only the ones that REALLY saved my ass over the hours of playing this Experiance that is neocron)

So I messed around with sparky for a while, Shooting at some rats in the sewers. I finally came back to my starter apartment, and restocked on some assault rifle ammo, and put sparky back in the cabinet. Sadly (and I think you guys know where this is going) I felt that I wanted to see the street Rifle reach a new hight, instead of a just "Junk weapon" status that so many lable it as.

Here is my proposition. A rare Street rifle. Simle as that.
-Implimentation obviously would upset some, mostly because the rare pool is already "some-what" crowded.

-to solve this, one of two things could be done.
1(probably more favorable. a Weapon run or quest what-have you :) ) making this something like the terminator run (when it comes out, how it is, I have no idea :lol: ) Since new places and whatnot will be added with DOY, this could be easly done, adding some divercity and stuff

2(probably LESS favorable) remove some items from rare pool, and move them to NPC's or sold by NPC's

WEAPON STATS & INFO

Name- as In one of my older posts, I suggested a name for a low tech rifle, named the "White Feather" as tribute to the famous Vietnam sniper, Carlos Hathcock [Just to re-iterate, White feather was a nickname given to him, as sorta a trade make, from the north Vietnamese]

Other names could be suggested, as I would duely Appreciate them.

Stats- Tl, well I WOULD like it to be at TL 80, as that would be cool, but It could be easily be put at any other level, to reach a comprimise.

Damage-Well probably more damage Per shot than a Pain easer(PE fires three shots per click), yet, The rate of fire of a traditional street model. (the gun is a single shot gun)

Range would be pretty standard, about, if not more, than the Pain easer.
Current Street modle rifle has a range of 571meters, while the pain easer has 628.

Special modification built in (optional) Due to the demand (as I have witnessed, this may be biased or not, sorry if I happend to be) for a low-tech sniper rifle. Here is my answer. there could be a sniper scope, yet it would be "traditional" not having a range modification like the sniper rifle that is Hightech, instead, the Rifle would have a fixed range for its "zoomed" mode, giving the feeling of "looking through the scope of a hunting/sniping rifle" This would possibly also solve the debate on how Sniper rifles are "technilogical" as this rifle would be entirly Low tech.

depending on how KK would like to do this, its all relly up to them, but you, yes YOU the people, of neocron, can help [Or hinder] me, as well, as other low-tech riflemen of the private eye class, as well as the spies too, because there soo cool as well :D

Thank you for reading (if you did, if you didnt, well that is your choice, and not mine) Please vote, and if you like, gimme some stars please^^ KK tends to notice when he see's five stars lined up besides the thread title :D

PEace out

naimex
05-06-04, 05:48
Then I hit me

Itīs a bad thing, hitting yourself.. you can go to jail for attempted murder...

Good old Sparky (yes I name some of my guns)

Donīt feel bad, so do I

Here is my proposition. A rare Street rifle. Simle as that.
-Implimentation obviously would upset some, mostly because the rare pool is already "some-what" crowded.

Actually, there are FAR too few things in rare pool, there should be broken parts (no not wrecked like we have them, but useless rare parts.) and a lot of fake parts for stuff too.

But yes, a rare street rifle and nade launcher wouldnt be bad..

Ohh and by the way :

DAMN YOU !!!

I had just read your thread, and pressed reply in the other thread, and then you had edited it..

You do know, that you can just add a poll in the top of the edit screen, once you have pushed EDIT..

Anyways, nice idea, been said before, but that doesnīt make it less important to say it.

Clive tombstone
05-06-04, 05:52
Im very sorry, i seen your reading it, im so sorry. anywho,

sorry for the horrible grammar, Im in a bit of a hurry, and there is no spell check to aid me.

seraphian
05-06-04, 06:35
Like the idea... lowtechs need more rares, and every class of weapon in the game should get its own rare... that way there's no favoritism.

I think that "White Feather" might be a better name for a sniper weapon or something... it would be really cool for the .50cal Anti-vehicle rifle I proposed a while back (based loosely on the real Barret M195 sniper rifle the SEALS use)

anywhoo, good idea

VetteroX
05-06-04, 07:23
low tech needs more rares, but i dont want a street model rifle rare... its suppost to be junk, and its an ugly gun. If theres a rare assult rifle, shotgun, (which there are) and a rare gatling rifle, I think that will be cool. We also need a rare automatic pistol, say tl 97 or so.

naimex
05-06-04, 07:30
We also need a rare automatic pistol, say tl 97 or so.

definitely..

automatic pistol > uzi

anytime.

but why do all the highest tl guns have to be rare ??

donīt get me wrong.. I am all in for overloading rareloot, so you donīt always get something good, and sometimes get useless items too..

but wouldnt it be great to have tl 100 and tl 120 items, sold in shops too ?

Clive tombstone
05-06-04, 18:51
well in that case Naimex, Choice "2" would be best for you. Yet then again, the whole community needs a say in this.

I like the feedback were getting so far. Please I need more imput, to find where I can get balance on this item. By doing this, it greatly improves its chances of making itself in-game.

Clive tombstone
07-06-04, 02:07
Here are some more Ideas, sent suggested by a few "history jocks" I happen to know, And I think it might add more RP or whatever to it.

SINCE this could (saying could as it might be a possibility to get in game :D ) It would be interesting if it had a different color shade, sorta how like "claws" and "face scratchers" has a different color added to there tint. Since this is a rare weapon, and its origins are still being discused (IE, weapons background story, design, how it plays into NC story) Im still thinking about how it will actually look, but since junk rifles are made partially of wood (wood stock, and base) it would be interesting if it had a darker wood finish instead of the semi-yellow finish the normal guns have.

If anyone wants to make a suggestion, please do, it helps me, as well as everyone else who wants to see a New low-tech rifle. so dont be afraid to post, Im not a "flame Idea's" guy :D

Sorry if my grammar sucks again, Im in a hurry!

naimex
07-06-04, 02:37
you mean.. dark wood finish.. like those old french foreloader rifles ?

that would actually look damn cool..

EDIT : google search didnīt come up with any images of the gun I was thinking off. but I found a gun that looks like it.

but it was something along the lines of the bottom rifle on the picture, I was thinking of..

http://www.naimex.dk/customrifles.jpg

amfest
07-06-04, 03:50
why not have some creative weapons :p

I'd love to have a harpoon weapon. How about an arm mountable mini arrow shooter (guess that would be pistol line.) Some sort of electrical surge gun that shot out like multi lighting in a way but was thicker and stays on the target like a flame thrower does sorta thing.

I'm all for higher weapons but for crying out loud quit just making them higher TLs of lower weapons. When we get to rares they should be Orginal weapons with totally different effects that you won't see in store bought weapons. Too many recycled weapons with higher TLs and dmg.

naimex
07-06-04, 04:25
mmm.. DEX 130 gauss rifle...

Drexel
07-06-04, 04:28
Im with you on that, the Street Model rifle just feels so good to shoot, i would use it religously if promoted to rare or almost rare (high TL), I find the Pain Easer so lacking considering what a libby can do.

I thought i saw that The street model would get a hight TL under the weapon reworks proposed by Lupus, however only melee have been done at this stage, but i dont think they have ruled out the pistol & rifle rework.

I look for a link, just to get you excited...

edit.... Hope these are still coming :rolleyes: (from test patch 198)

TL Reworks:

LowTech Old TL New TL
Lazar Rifle 2 2
Pumpgun 9 8
Mendicant Rifle 6 14
Unlabled Gatlin Rifle 38 20
Standard Street Model Rifle 5 27
A&W Protector Pumpgun 23 33
Archer Companion Rifle 13 39
Enhanced Standard Street Model Rifle 21 45 *Now Sold in Shops*
Assault Rifle 30 51
Tangent Enforcer Pumpgun 35 57
Gatlin Rifle 61 64
A&W ‘Steady’ RF-113 Rifle 40 70 *Now Sold in Shops*
Tangent Assault Rifle 44 76
Tangent Gatlin Rifle 79 82
Terminator 87 87
Pain Easer 93 93

HighTech Old TL New TL
Unlabled Slowfire Rifle 17 17
HEW Lightcaster Raygun 59 21
A&W Snowflake Freezer 26 24
Tangent Lightbringer FR-118 56 28
HEW Liquidfire Rifle 53 32
Tangent B1 Rifle 17 35
Tangent Substandard Pulselaser Rifle 26 39
Tangent Sureshot Laserrifle 48 43
R-AS331 Raygun 76 46
Arctic Winter Freezer 42 50
Fusion Rifle 73 54
Plasma Rifle 70 57
Tangent Sniper Rifle 38 61
Tangent Pulselaser Rifle 52 65
Ryker Laser Rifle LDR_v872+C247 67 68
STORM Raygun Reza's Gaze 88 72
Tangent Lightbringer 2 FR-345 85 76
Tangent Ice Age FZ-31b Freezer 63 79
DoY Raygun 88 83
Enhanced Plasma Rifle 82 87
Tangent Commando Sniper Rifle 79 90
Tangent Stabber Pulselaser Rifle 81 94
Ray of God 98 98
Thunderstorm 101 101
Redeemer 105 105
Healing Light 110 110
Silent Hunter 111 111
First Love 114 114
Disruptor 115 115

amfest
07-06-04, 04:30
mmm.. DEX 130 gauss rifle...
sexy

how about some sort of railgun with plutonian (not pluto users :) ) ammo that causes pure xray dmg

naimex
07-06-04, 04:31
sexy

how about some sort of railgun with plutonian (not pluto users :) ) ammo that causes pure xray dmg

the diffy between railgun and gauss gun isnt that big is it ??

I mean, both are supersonic bullets, penetrating thick walls and all that shit....

right ?

EDIT : sorry, just looked it up, Iīve been wrong all these years : real theoretical gauss rifle (http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/Gauss%20rifle)

amfest
07-06-04, 04:43
the diffy between railgun and gauss gun isnt that big is it ??

I mean, both are supersonic bullets, penetrating thick walls and all that shit....

right ?

EDIT : sorry, just looked it up, Iīve been wrong all these years : real theoretical gauss rifle (http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/Gauss%20rifle)
Which means more wepaons with different names that do a hella lot of dmg for us :D and THEY AREN'T REUSED MODELS OF LOWER TL WEAPONS yea!!

heh and that's how it should be .. when you see someone pull out a rare weapons you should be like OMG I can't find that type of gun in store ..the effect is totally different .. the sound. It should be something nice and different to look forward too. It's like you use the archer companle rifle .. tat tat tat .. .then you get to the assult rifle .. . tat tat tat . ..then later you finally get ahold of a rare Pain Easer .. you're like yea! .. umm tat tat tat :( BORING

Drake6k
07-06-04, 05:09
If there is a rare nailgun then yes.

amfest
07-06-04, 05:21
If there is a rare nailgun then yes.

How about an arm mountable mini arrow shooter (guess that would be pistol line.)
I'd rather have that than another rehashed higher tl weapon like a nailgun. :\ Come on Different weapons .. it's a good thing

Clive tombstone
07-06-04, 06:01
Well anyways, heres an idea of the wood finish as well as a possible answer to your french weapon you were talking about. its not french, but its pretty ^^
http://www.euroarms.net/Avancarica/AVIMG/2364-SPRINGFIELD-1863_1-01.jpg
as far as anything goes, the street rifle TL would be nice, I mean, it would make being lowtech rifle on PE's, heck Lowtech rifle on any class more worth it. I just think the TL should be like 75^^ but thats just my opinion.
STILL we got an idea of textures, anything else that would be cool for it.

PS> why do the mods never comment on my stuff :( I feel so left out :eek:

naimex
07-06-04, 06:13
PS> why do the mods never comment on my stuff :( I feel so left out :eek:

Donīt feel bad.. Iīve never seen a mod, gm, or dev, hell not even MJS, comment on ideas..

They are looking at it.. and if they think itīs worth the time, then they will put it in..

but you will never get a "Thank you" or a "Thatīs a great idea", and if you do... then youīre the first.

Drexel
07-06-04, 06:15
Spam.

Closed.

N.

============

is that the sorta GM input you were looking for ? (did you panic for a second ? :p )

Seriously, i absolutley love the way street model rifles shoot when capped, would love to see a TL 100 version of this, i have just lommed my low tech rifle spy to High Tech bacause you cannot cap with low tech afaik.

You can even keep the same sounds , same look, same ammo, i dont care, it just feels good to use. I tend to use the weapons that 'feel' right, even if they arnt the best to use at the time, or worse still arnt 'cool'.

Unfortunatly under Lupus' rework this rifle only makes it to TL 70, oh well, ill be playing this game for the next few years, so heres hoping. :)

Clive tombstone
07-06-04, 06:55
Well, I hope so Too.

Right now, im almost finished with the backstory. it should be finished by tommorrow.

besides that, im trying to think of anything i havnt covered completly.
I wish i had more vote ^^ sorta like my artillary vehicle Idea. to bad that never got off the ground, or so to speak.

NEed more feedback, as I figuer, if anything is put into Idea form, AND the people want it to be in game, ALL the details must be worked out by the public, or thats what Im guessing KK wants?
[EdiT]
PS, I found some nice sounds while was playing Medal of honor and Call of Duty, they had a nice Carbine sound, as well as a MG Garand rifle sound that coulda went well with the rifles shooting sound, as well as reloading sounds

naimex
07-06-04, 07:01
Well, I hope so Too.

Right now, im almost finished with the backstory. it should be finished by tommorrow.

besides that, im trying to think of anything i havnt covered completly.
I wish i had more vote ^^ sorta like my artillary vehicle Idea. to bad that never got off the ground, or so to speak.

NEed more feedback, as I figuer, if anything is put into Idea form, AND the people want it to be in game, ALL the details must be worked out by the public, or thats what Im guessing KK wants?

that was what we did with cyberspace, so yea.. it has to be delivered to the door, if it is to have a chance.

seraphian
07-06-04, 07:09
About the Rail guns:

AFAIK Rail Gun is the 'real' scientific name for a gun using magnetic fields around rails to propel a projectile. Gauss Rilfe is the Sci-fi term that authors created to describe it better (I belive that this term origionated in FASA's Battletech 1st ed in the 1980s, but I could be wrong)

also, a Rail gun would be pure pierce, a plutonium bullet could not be used for several reasons:
1: Plutonium is not magnetic, so a magnetic field could not fire it, you have to use a ferric metal like Iron, or I belive that a diamagnetic material might also work (never seen any data on it, but I belive aluminum bullets have been used in the Los Alamos Jet. Prop. Lab railgun tests)
2: the EM effects of the radiation might kill the user if the gun was not sheilded and even if it were might disrupt the magnetic field used to fire the slug.

amfest
07-06-04, 08:37
About the Rail guns:

AFAIK Rail Gun is the 'real' scientific name for a gun using magnetic fields around rails to propel a projectile. Gauss Rilfe is the Sci-fi term that authors created to describe it better (I belive that this term origionated in FASA's Battletech 1st ed in the 1980s, but I could be wrong)

also, a Rail gun would be pure pierce, a plutonium bullet could not be used for several reasons:
1: Plutonium is not magnetic, so a magnetic field could not fire it, you have to use a ferric metal like Iron, or I belive that a diamagnetic material might also work (never seen any data on it, but I belive aluminum bullets have been used in the Los Alamos Jet. Prop. Lab railgun tests)
2: the EM effects of the radiation might kill the user if the gun was not sheilded and even if it were might disrupt the magnetic field used to fire the slug.
Today it couldn't be done but By the end of the third millenium alot can change ;) especially with people running around with plasma pistols, laser cannons, raygun rifles and drones that you can fly around and kill people with. We do fire xray modded ammo and weapons that have a non realistic swirl flying around them :rolleyes: