PDA

View Full Version : Event Ideas: Suggestions Please

seraphian
05-06-04, 03:46
OK, I want to help host an even with my clan, my problem is, having never run anything like this, I'm not sure exactly how to go about it and I'm looking for advice on making it a success.

My first idea is for Vehicle-on-Vehicle combat with a story of some kind attached (probably nothing big, nothing beyond "hey <insert faction 1 here>, there's a convoy of highly valuble and dangerous material on it's way from X to Y that <Insert faction 2 here> is protecting... I'm considering making it a shitload of chemicals and Weaponparts (including some WP8s C-10s ect.) that is going from like TG to TH by APC... the only catch is that due to some storyline reason only vehicles can join the hunt (well I mean if a tank with a rocket launcher shows up I can't well stop him because it wouldn't be a GM event, but you don't get the reward unless you do it from vehicles only...)

I was kind of going for a Mad Max meets 'The Cannonball run' kind of feel with this one

any ideas for this one?

my second idea is a single spy (not the class spy nessisarily, but someone who is gathering intel for the DoY) just stole some rare thingy and is escaping the city on foot through the outzone... a reward goes to the runner that stops the spy (and you might get to keep anything you score off the corpse, provided you can hack the belt, I'm not going to lower my SL to -100 just so they can get their reward) but if he gets out, he's home free as his pickup is at the exit to OZ with a rhino and a few heavy hitting tanks.

any suggestions on this one?

also: what time is best for you for an event? (Please use GMT for best time or tell me what time zone you are in IE: "8:00 in GMT+1" or "7:00 GMT")

any ideas

cRazy2003
05-06-04, 04:11
OK, I want to help host an even with my clan, my problem is, having never run anything like this, I'm not sure exactly how to go about it and I'm looking for advice on making it a success.

My first idea is for Vehicle-on-Vehicle combat with a story of some kind attached (probably nothing big, nothing beyond "hey <insert faction 1 here>, there's a convoy of highly valuble and dangerous material on it's way from X to Y that <Insert faction 2 here> is protecting... I'm considering making it a shitload of chemicals and Weaponparts (including some WP8s C-10s ect.) that is going from like TG to TH by APC... the only catch is that due to some storyline reason only vehicles can join the hunt (well I mean if a tank with a rocket launcher shows up I can't well stop him because it wouldn't be a GM event, but you don't get the reward unless you do it from vehicles only...)

I was kind of going for a Mad Max meets 'The Cannonball run' kind of feel with this one

any ideas for this one?

my second idea is a single spy (not the class spy nessisarily, but someone who is gathering intel for the DoY) just stole some rare thingy and is escaping the city on foot through the outzone... a reward goes to the runner that stops the spy (and you might get to keep anything you score off the corpse, provided you can hack the belt, I'm not going to lower my SL to -100 just so they can get their reward) but if he gets out, he's home free as his pickup is at the exit to OZ with a rhino and a few heavy hitting tanks.

any suggestions on this one?

also: what time is best for you for an event? (Please use GMT for best time or tell me what time zone you are in IE: "8:00 in GMT+1" or "7:00 GMT")

any ideas

some nice ideas, the best times would be around 7pm-11pm gmt, thats when most have finished work. asking for some gm-support would be best, but if not get your clan or any others to protect your event from noobs. just work it out, make sure you have a neat set of rules, best not add an entrence fee as it just confuses things, make sure u advertise on ooc and faction etc before the event, pick a suitable location, good prizes so people will wanto join in, always think up something to do if a certain problems occur, be ready and work out what could go wrong and what you could do about it, and make sure u take screenshots :p

i suggest on the first idea, i dont really understand it much, does a faction have to attack a convoy or whatever? but id choose a better location for the convoy because tg guards, th guards, doomies, and those mutant commander things will rip most the participating vehicles to shreds. and it wouldnt be such a good idea overall for an event because valuable vehicles will be destroyed, and some may use revelers to cheat, and it will make it completely unfair to people who dont have or will use revelers.

the second idea i like, make sure you accounce to all participants what the spy can and cannot do (stealth etc), and you'll need to know the precise starting point of the spy and the precise exiting point of the spy, and i dunno which outzone u mean, the cave entrences to the wastes or the outzone station. i cant think of anything else so have fun :p

seraphian
05-06-04, 04:16
for the vehicle event I was considering giving out some vehicles (I have a not insignificant amount of parts and BPs on Pluto)... but I see the problems you raised...

For the Spy event I was thinking about using a tank as the spy (sorry if that's confusing... o_O ) so stealth and PSI wouldn't be an issue, but it wouldn't be like *bam* one burst from a CS and the event is over because the spy died... (I'm also in the process of aquiring a PP resistor chip for said tank). I wasn't really going to have an entrance fee of anything, just start shouting on chat channels...

I'd prefer low-rules if it would work, because in my limited experience with running things in MMORPGs it seems the more rules you make, the more they break

cRazy2003
05-06-04, 14:36
for the vehicle event I was considering giving out some vehicles (I have a not insignificant amount of parts and BPs on Pluto)... but I see the problems you raised...

For the Spy event I was thinking about using a tank as the spy (sorry if that's confusing... o_O ) so stealth and PSI wouldn't be an issue, but it wouldn't be like *bam* one burst from a CS and the event is over because the spy died... (I'm also in the process of aquiring a PP resistor chip for said tank). I wasn't really going to have an entrance fee of anything, just start shouting on chat channels...

I'd prefer low-rules if it would work, because in my limited experience with running things in MMORPGs it seems the more rules you make, the more they break

its true it just confuses the simple minds of neocron :p
a tank would be better, and u shud try and pay a tank or get a friend to do it, that would be better then doing it yourself.

thats why vehicle events have been so rare in the past because of them blowing up, and that why if anyone does enter, its always the more wealthy players who can afford these vehicles.