PDA

View Full Version : Abuse @ Neocron

TheDuckMan
04-06-04, 23:55
Umm whats the rules about ingame abuse. Just wonderin.

Im DM'd some guy that was bein a prick yesterday and asked him to cool off. But he sounded mad so i was like you need to take a break and well ya anyways. I have screenshots of the conversation (I think, does prnt screen do it?).

Anways, do I get like a chance to defend myself if he goes and whines until i get suspended? Like how does that work? I doubt anything will happen but just wonderin...

PS - I didnt spam or call him any names, although he did call me a few choice words... will that act in my favor?

darknessfairy
05-06-04, 00:00
If you are worried about what is and isn't allowed, then please email abuse@neocron.com, explain the situation, providing the screenies (It's f12, not prntscr...im, not sure whether they will come out...), and im sure they will be more that willing to assist you in any manner.

DF

TheDuckMan
05-06-04, 00:02
lol, i rly dont wanna get anyone in trouble. I just wanna protect myself from gettin banned or somethin... But ya Ill drop them an e-mail I guess.

Jest
05-06-04, 00:02
Personally Id suggest just letting him be. If he has a history of abuse then by all means report him, but he coulda just had a bad day. Give him some mercy unless he continues to do it is my suggestion.

Gotterdammerung
05-06-04, 00:06
Look outside your window now, see that black sedan? thats us. We'll be at the door with shackles in a min.

anyway

Unless you said some very bad things (which you do not allude to on your post) then I wouldn't sweat it. Everything thats sent to abuse@neocron.com is investigated and if it's unfounded then you shouldn't have anything to worry about. If you feel the need to be proactive about the situation and defend yourself with screenshots please feel free to do so. The adress is the same.

Shadow Dancer
05-06-04, 00:42
Give him some mercy unless he continues to do it is my suggestion.

http://neocron.jafc.de/images/icons/icon14.gif

tomparadox
05-06-04, 01:12
yea i wouldent sweat it, i dout youll get baned...

Lafiel
05-06-04, 01:40
u wont get baned since sounds like it would be your first offence IF there even was something that would count as one as you described.... yo u get a couple warnings with soemthing of that nature before a ban anyways.

Clyde
05-06-04, 02:36
unless he DMed you and said some racial comments, then you really cant report him since you dmed him, so it wouldnt be harrassment or whatever. and unless you was saying any racial comments or somethin completely silly, then you wont get in trouble either

seraphian
05-06-04, 02:52
first of all...

Gotterdamerung (if I spelled that wrong sorry) that was funny as hell... one of the things I truly love about Neocron is that the KK and the GMs have a sense of humor about things, especially you and Nid (and SnowCrash too, he rarely posts, but he's had some good one-liners).

Second, from what I've heard KK is pretty good about not banning people if they didn't know what they were doing or if it was a one-time lapse. I only know of a few things that could get you a ban instantly (mostly common sense, or exploits which I am, obviously, not posting).

So as far as I've heard as long as you didn't threaten him or use racial or other language (BTW, guys, be careful about using 'gay', '************', ect. that could get you in real trouble if the guy/gal on the other side is gay... some people I've fought are pretty lucky I take insults lighty) then you should be OK as long as you don't make a pattern of it,

a GM or Mod of course would have the final say here, but I'm going from other situations I know about.

[edit] looks like the forum software edited out the real words I wanted to warn people about, which just goes to show you how seriously KK takes this stuff... I'm not going to edit them so they will appear, but neadless to say they were all gay epithets.
btw, Mods, if you see a "Seraphian used these bad bad hateful words" notice in the forum software, I was trying to tell people what insults that could get banned that I see used all the time in IG chat, so please don't forum ban me for trying to use them!

TheDuckMan
05-06-04, 03:13
well no i didnt wanna report him and Im not gonna... I dont want him to report me cause theres no good reason to (he said he was gonna report me). Anyways Im just gonna forget it. He has me goin there for a sec anyways cause you know... i need my neo crack and you know... I dont wanna loose it cause someone got all bent out of shape cause I asked him to show some manners.

VetteroX
05-06-04, 09:54
I verbaly abuse people all day long, you should see what I call the LE users I run into. No complaints against me yet.

SilentEye
05-06-04, 12:23
r.e.l.a.x. and take a deep breath..

woozahhhh.

ex-machina
05-06-04, 17:19
and SnowCrash too, he rarely posts

Be greatful for that. He never stops in private. o_O

only jokin snowy :P

ichinin
07-06-04, 09:43
No complaints against me yet.

Were you on Pluto last night?

Someone who i drove from TG Canyon to NC and helped make some slotted spells was flapping his/her mouth about LE imp (..which i dont care about, since i'm glad to piss off "Counterstrike-idiots"), then some other things were added after that which was not roleplaying; that person is now on mine and other ppl's shitlists. Considering reporting.

To that person, whoever you are:

Need a poke/constr/ress/repair ? Good luck finding a tradeskiller. We are rare on pluto already.

Drake6k
07-06-04, 09:49
I have been told many times that someone has screenshots of me laughing at them or killing them. They say that I'm going to banned... but I just keep laughing. If you know you did nothing wrong or what you did isn't serious then you will be ok.

You can tell someone to fuck off or whatever without getting in any trouble. As long as your not racist and dont say thing that is really really hateful and low KK wont care.

Jeros82
07-06-04, 10:20
Aren't u able to add people to your ignore ??? FAFAIK there is.... Just put him there, problem solved ;)

winnoc
07-06-04, 10:22
Usualy if someone verbaly abuses you, it's a lot more fun to stay real calm, and reply in a superpolite mature manner, and show him (and all the people around him) that you're a few intelligence points above him.

Done that i Plaza 1 to a guy i poked all up, no charge, he then starts abusing me and clling my (at the time) clan all kinds of names, i stay calm and real polite, just thanking him for letting me poke him up for free, and that i will seriously reconsidder offering my services again, due to his mature behaviour.
People were laughing their asses off, as he was getting mader and mader. Then all of a sudden he starts offering me money and apologizing, i refuse publicly, he runs off and some people go :"Pwned".

End result: Him being frustrated and upset, me laughing my ass off, not having raised one BP level, and some other people enjoying themselves with teh show :-)

Jeros82
07-06-04, 10:30
Usualy if someone verbaly abuses you, it's a lot more fun to stay real calm, and reply in a superpolite mature manner, and show him (and all the people around him) that you're a few intelligence points above him.

Done that i Plaza 1 to a guy i poked all up, no charge, he then starts abusing me and clling my (at the time) clan all kinds of names, i stay calm and real polite, just thanking him for letting me poke him up for free, and that i will seriously reconsidder offering my services again, due to his mature behaviour.
People were laughing their asses off, as he was getting mader and mader. Then all of a sudden he starts offering me money and apologizing, i refuse publicly, he runs off and some people go :"Pwned".

End result: Him being frustrated and upset, me laughing my ass off, not having raised one BP level, and some other people enjoying themselves with teh show :-)

Indeed... : Pwned :lol:

Archeus
07-06-04, 10:55
+i muppet

works a treat.

Richard Blade
07-06-04, 20:38
I verbaly abuse people all day long, you should see what I call the LE users I run into. No complaints against me yet.

So, to get this straight, this is "you" personally that is giving the other "player"(using an LE'd character) verbal abuse? Not roleplay from one toon to another?

You might not want to answer that.