PDA

View Full Version : Harry Pottarrr

Opar
04-06-04, 19:35
Haha. Call me a saddo, but I went and watched this today. On my own. Muchos Leetos if you ask me.

Anyway, this could sound gay, but, it was a f*cking good film. Ive read all the books. *waits for laughter to die down* and this was better than reading any bloody book if you ask me.

But psssh. Im jealous of those three little idgits who play them three little idgits in the film. They gonna be loaded when they're older.....

Anyone else seen it?

J. Folsom
04-06-04, 19:41
Harry Pothead and the Philosopher's Stoned

:p

I'm probably going to watch it next week actually, just for the amusement it gives. Besides, it's one of the few movies currently in the cinemas which I haven't seen yet which has a chance of being good, might as well go view it.

Aziraphale
04-06-04, 19:46
The HP movies suck, the child acting is absolutely dire.
Love the books though.

Opar
04-06-04, 19:49
Nah, the actors have come along leaps and bounds.

And the one that plays Hermione is turning into a good-looking teen (im allowed to say that, im 15)

extract
04-06-04, 20:55
I think those movies are awesome, but then again I have to watch barney with my kids so I imagine after going through that, any film would be awesome :lol:

NS_CHROME54
04-06-04, 21:14
i used to be one of those skeptical purists who thought "harry potter must suck balls," then i actually decided to read the books, and i must admit, i was really surprised at how good they were. the last 2 are really great.

speaking of that, i wonder how on earth they're going to make movies of "goblet of fire" and "order of the pheonix" because they're huge books, waay bigger than the first 3. maybe they'll cut them in 2.

Opar
04-06-04, 21:57
Well, at the end of the third film, Harry gets his 'Firebolt' broom, which im sure SHOUDL happen in the fourth book, so thats like the first 3 chapters of GoF out of the way, I guess.

Judge
05-06-04, 00:36
I really enjoy reading HP books as a break from some more serious books and just for general relaxing.

The first two movies were pretty dire, but I'm going to see the next one tomorrow, and its got pretty good reviews from alot of people who hated the first two, so it could be pretty good.

If Hermione actually looks good then it doesn't fit in with her character massively well does it. :p

Also, no he gets the firebolt in the third book, as when they think its from Sirius Black it gets confiscated. Yes, I've read them far, far too much.

cRazy2003
05-06-04, 01:32
*waits for laughter to die down*

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHA

erhm,
nope i havnt seen it

Dribble Joy
05-06-04, 01:34
Just seen it.

Not bad.

10..9..8..7..6...5..4..3...2 and a half...2...1 and three quarters...1 GO
HEHEHEHEHE, that bit was funny.

SypH
05-06-04, 01:37
Bought the DVD's of the first 2 the other day. Was quite suprised that I really enjoyed them. Up until now I was convinced Harry Potter was shit, but they were very good:)

sanityislost
05-06-04, 01:41
I went to see the film when it came out, was really good even tho they missed alot out. only thing that bugged me a little was he didnt get the firebolt till the very end.

The next movie should be the one to beat the rest, its my fav book lolol

SiL ..:..

jiga
05-06-04, 01:51
Nah, the actors have come along leaps and bounds.

And the one that plays Hermione is turning into a good-looking teen (im allowed to say that, im 15)
I'm allowed to say that as well. Apparently she goes to headington girls school ;)(just up the road from where i live)
I only saw the movie 2 hours ago.

cRazy2003
05-06-04, 02:52
I'm allowed to say that as well. Apparently she goes to headington girls school ;)(just up the road from where i live)

im allowed to as well, im 21, dont say how, i just am.

seraphian
05-06-04, 02:56
movies, bah...

I just read dirty Harry Potter fanfics on the net...

because come on, you know Snape needs to get laid

Rade
05-06-04, 03:04
I actually read it just to be in the know, what saddens me is that the kids
today are growing up with this shit when theres so much good fantasy
around. If you can call fantasy good that is.

Opar
05-06-04, 09:37
im allowed to as well, im 21, dont say how, i just am.

LIES!!!

Opar
05-06-04, 09:45
If Hermione actually looks good then it doesn't fit in with her character massively well does it. :p

True, shes meant to have big-ass Buck Teeth....

I'd do her in a few years though ^_^ Even if it is just so I can say "Hey dude, I did a witch last night."

VetteroX
05-06-04, 09:45
I think the HP films need a lot more violence in them. Like when the ogre breaks into the school in the first movie, it should have shown him killing at least a few of the people, mayme ripping a kids head off then gulping down then blood, ripping someones leg off and beating people with it. Then the powerful wizards could cast a fire spell on him, and there would be a nice scene with the ogre running around on fire, screaming, before falling in a chared heap. The end should have been a bloody, brutal fight to the death between harry and the wizard.

Wouldnt that be a better movie?

n3m
05-06-04, 09:53
I think the HP films need a lot more violence in them. Like when the ogre breaks into the school in the first movie, it should have shown him killing at least a few of the people, mayme ripping a kids head off then gulping down then blood, ripping someones leg off and beating people with it. Then the powerful wizards could cast a fire spell on him, and there would be a nice scene with the ogre running around on fire, screaming, before falling in a chared heap. The end should have been a bloody, brutal fight to the death between harry and the wizard.

Wouldnt that be a better movie?rofl yeah that would have been something. All those 8 year old kids who can't sleep for weeks after seeying that movie lol
Maybe even a guest appearance by bruce, shouting yippie kayee motherfucker! when the ogre goes down :D

I think they would just keep it to the usual, shouting Gzendum! or whatever they scream, looking all cool n stuff, and something shoots from there little stick O_o

LiL T
05-06-04, 10:00
Everyone I know has whatch all harry potter films and they all think its great and they like go all in histerics over it . I tryed whatching it my self and was nearly sick of how chessy it was and they all speak with that posh old english accent very barf inducing

No thanks :lol:

Xiphias
05-06-04, 11:36

Wouldnt that be a better movie?

rofl :rolleyes:

Morganth
05-06-04, 11:40
I saw the film the other night, bloody good. Have to agree on the "Hermione will be a good teen" as I am 16, only puts her 2 years lower than me in skool.

Aside from that, I think the bit when the dementors arrives is cool (no pun intended).

ex-machina
05-06-04, 14:09
Well, at the end of the third film, Harry gets his 'Firebolt' broom, which im sure SHOUDL happen in the fourth book, so thats like the first 3 chapters of GoF out of the way, I guess.

Nope :P It actually happens half-way through Azkaban, but Professor McGonagall confiscates it because she believes it to be cursed. Harry doesn't get it back until the last Quidditch game of the season if I remember correctly. At the end (SPOILERS) Sirius writes to Harry telling him it was he who gave him the broom, and giving Ron an owl to replace Scabbers.

Goddamnit I'm a dork.

Opar
05-06-04, 15:16
Nope :P It actually happens half-way through Azkaban, but Professor McGonagall confiscates it because she believes it to be cursed. Harry doesn't get it back until the last Quidditch game of the season if I remember correctly. At the end (SPOILERS) Sirius writes to Harry telling him it was he who gave him the broom, and giving Ron an owl to replace Scabbers.

Goddamnit I'm a dork.

Oh yeah. He gives him that annoying little owl called .... I cant remember.

SilentEye
05-06-04, 15:20
That Hermione chick is 14? She looks like 12 or 13 to me.
You guys actually think she looks, good?

Bad taste, bááád taste I tell ye.

jernau
05-06-04, 15:31
In that case I've probably sworn at her extensively.

The busses piled up outside that place used to add 15 minutes to my morning commute.:mad:

Prodigious
05-06-04, 15:45
Gandalf > Potter

Morganth
05-06-04, 15:50
That Hermione chick is 14? She looks like 12 or 13 to me.
You guys actually think she looks, good?

Bad taste, bááád taste I tell ye.

Of course she looks 12/13 in the films, thats the whole idea. The only problem they are finding with making the Harry Potter films is the fact that the younger actors will outgrow the parts as it takes 1-2 years to make a film.

On the Hermoine side of things, she is ok now, but I am sure she will look much nicer in a few years. Untill then, bring on Tara Reid!

Opar
05-06-04, 16:07
Hmmm... you think they look old now? This is a pic of them when they were cast..

http://www.geocities.com/mremmawatson/Announce8.jpg

They look about 7 :p

Saza
05-06-04, 16:30
it takes 1-2 years to make a film.
4 weeks actually to shoot a film. A year if you include script writing, editing, reshoots, reedits, trailer editing, and sales. The films that take ages to make are the ones made by lazy buggers :p

I'm clued up on the film world :D.

Going to see HP&TPoA in an hour. Hope it's as good as ya say it is.

Morganth
05-06-04, 16:34
4 weeks actually to shoot a film. A year if you include script writing, editing, reshoots, reedits, trailer editing, and sales. The films that take ages to make are the ones made by lazy buggers :p

I'm clued up on the film world :D.

Going to see HP&TPoA in an hour. Hope it's as good as ya say it is.

as it takes 1-2 years to make a film.

:rolleyes:

EDIT: It is good, they definately put more time into this one than the other 2 to make it look better.

Saza
05-06-04, 16:38
Doesn't often take 2 years to make a film though. A year is a very good estimate tbh. Although the films I acted in took about two months to shoot, edit, publicise and everything. The director and editors had to sleep at the office, starting work at 7 and ending at 3 in the morning. Unlucky buggers :D .

jernau
05-06-04, 16:43
The people making the HP films have said they don't think there's a problem.

The plan is to make one a year to match the books which are each a year apart I believe (I haven't read them).

There was some concern they might be slipping but I think that's just people noticing the kids have hit puberty and are changing a lot now. This is of course as it should be though.

ex-machina
05-06-04, 17:01
Oh yeah. He gives him that annoying little owl called .... I cant remember.

Pidgewigeon.

ex-machina
05-06-04, 17:09
The people making the HP films have said they don't think there's a problem.

The plan is to make one a year to match the books which are each a year apart I believe (I haven't read them).

There was some concern they might be slipping but I think that's just people noticing the kids have hit puberty and are changing a lot now. This is of course as it should be though.

Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson and Rupert Grint (Harry, Hermione and Ron) have all been signed to do a fourth film, The Goblet of Fire, due Christmas 2005. 18th November according to this site (http://www.filmfocus.co.uk/filmdetail.asp?FilmbaseID=46) but after that nothing is set in stone.

While books six and seven aren't out yet, I'm fervently of the opinion that even if they're 25 by the time they shoot film seven, this cast can remain. Puberty is where all the growing happens anyway, that can happen at any age during the teens. These kids started about the same time I'd reckon, and they did so when they were still the actual age of thier characters, but as they get to 15/16/17 in the films it'll be less necessary for them to be the exact age of their characters so I hope they keep them.

Of course, Azkaban proves WB can change whatever the fuck they want and keep a continous series (Michael Gambon replaced the late Richard Harris as Dumbledore, and visually Hogwarts actually moved onto the top of a mountain in this film lol) and producers have long stated they will recast the kids if they need to. The director of the third, Alfonso Cuaron, is the only person of the higher end of the crew to say he would like them to stay for all the films, but he has little to do with the actual casting of films he isn't involved in and he won't be directing film four or any other of the series (at this time).

I'd like them to keep these three, but they've made it clear they'll recast as they see fit.

jernau
05-06-04, 17:16
I thought the author said she would like to see the same actors throughout. I could be wrong and she may not have any say of course.

I think it would be cool if they did manage it as it would be a pretty cool achievement. Make-up can do wonders so I'm sure it's possible. They are meant to be 15 now IIRC and that allows a lot of freedom from here on out anyway.

ex-machina
05-06-04, 17:21
I thought the author said she would like to see the same actors throughout. I could be wrong and she may not have any say of course.

I think it would be cool if they did manage it as it would be a pretty cool achievement. Make-up can do wonders so I'm sure it's possible. They are meant to be 15 now IIRC and that allows a lot of freedom from here on out anyway.

Actually I think the only influence JK Rowling has on the casting is a clause in the option agreement that says the cast must be made up entirely of British actors.

Morganth
05-06-04, 18:22
I don't think it would be the same without the three current actors, as viewers have already got used to them playing the parts, and if they recast it would seem too much like a completely different film, even though it is based on the same story line.

Judge
05-06-04, 23:45
I just saw it and I have mixed feelings about it.

I thought that the three main characters definitely got alot better acting wise, and I liked the change of scenery, it gave it alot more creepy look.

Though, I thought that Malfoy was way to cowardly. And that both Lupin and Sirius looked completely wrong. Also, the film didn't really get the relationship between Lupin and Harry right, nor the relationship between James and Lupin/Sirius.

But it was a good movie. Not great, but definitely worth a watch, or maybe a rental sometime.

Birkoff
05-06-04, 23:52
*sad*

Loved the first 4 books and 2 films (aint seen 3rd yet)

But the 5Th book seemed more like stage directions that a book.... It jsut seemd lame.. Out to make money more than the initial idea of making a nice story :/

WAY to commercial now :(

I'll go to see the 3rd film but not in the same light as the other 2 :(

Judge
05-06-04, 23:57
The fifth book definitely wasn't as memorable as the first four.

It definitely seemed more of a setting up book, though I think its going to be cool with Voldemort (onoz!) out publically now for the next book. :D

Harch
06-06-04, 01:49
is potter a ppu?or an apu? . i..tbh . think hes a fuckin ca carebear . and dumbledorian (woteva..the old dude with the white afro) is Reza . and that snape dude . he is YAger from tg . ....... hermione is gettin prety good lookin . OMFG WHAT AM I SAYING SHES A NERD AAAAAHHH!!!!!THE POWER OF REZA IS TO STRONG! AAAAHHH ......*reaches for the Law enforcer*"aahh.thats better . some more carebear time will calm me down ."

Clownst0pper
06-06-04, 21:40
Its equally as dark as any tim burton film, its brilliant.

Dark = win

jernau
06-06-04, 23:06
Tim Burton trying to be "dark" sucks monkey sacks.

Tratos
07-06-04, 00:06
the third Harry Potter is my favorite, it may not be very loing but i feel its the best of the five with 4 then 5 then 1 then two as the order of goodness in my opinion.

the third one is the win and i want to go see the film.

Proffesor Lupin > You

Judge
07-06-04, 00:41
If you really like Lupin in the books then you might be a bit disappointed as for me the film didn't really do him justice at all.

NS_CHROME54
07-06-04, 00:42
of course Order of the Pheonix was a "setting up" book. it's meant as a kind of preamble to war. and i liked it.

Judge
07-06-04, 00:45
Not saying that I didn't like it... more commenting that it was a different style. Though at the end, I kinda thought that Dumbledore would tell Harry a bit more, as there were only a few really new bits of info.