PDA

View Full Version : hybrids

hinch
04-06-04, 14:54
just read test server patch notes #204

- Removed the PSI hybrid penalty (having a high APU skill reduced the effectiveness of PPU and vice-versa).

OMG ok so you still cant have pure 50/50 hybrids like you used to but it should make an energy beam/blessed hybrid possiable i think

if someone not at work with some stats etc available could do a quick check but if you can w00t ill be back to hybrid faster than a tart in a pub getting her undies off.

*meh ignore this thread i didnt notice the other one*

Lafiel
04-06-04, 14:56
No Damnit Dont Make Me Lom Again............ Either Keep Hybs Or Not Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr If They R That Good I Might Just Have To Lom Aagaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnn Noooooooooooo

Original monk
04-06-04, 14:56

- Removed the PSI hybrid penalty (having a high APU skill reduced the effectiveness of PPU and vice-versa).

OMG ok so you still cant have pure 50/50 hybrids like you used to but it should make an energy beam/blessed hybrid possiable i think

if someone not at work with some stats etc available could do a quick check but if you can w00t ill be back to hybrid faster than a tart in a pub getting her undies off.

hehe, i dont think that will be KK's intention :) but ya can try yeah, altough i dont think it will be 100% viable, the 5% things isnt what hits ya hard, its them daamn upped requests lol

hinch
04-06-04, 14:58
the extra 5% should allow you to drop enough off the apu to give you enough ppu but as i said i dont have stats or anything on me cos im at work so someone needs to play with a skill manager see what you can get

Lafiel
Requirments *

bi0
got a link for thoe patch notes?

Original monk
04-06-04, 14:59
Requirments *

idd, not requests :) requirments

and hinch, as you say it must be possible yes, but if its worth it, if ya will have enough damage%ages i dunno :)

hinch
04-06-04, 14:59
check test server forum

hinch
04-06-04, 15:01
well the option would be to go for a med lvl blessed and a tox beam hybrid for pvp and not for lvling.

actually

whats the minus on kami chips is it -ppu? or -int? cant remember

s0apy
04-06-04, 15:01
you forgot this patch note:

- Added last extra incentive to non-monk players to finally give up due to insane imbalances, stop waiting for DBoY, and quit their accounts.

yay. meantime, maybe i should lom my PE to APU/PPU hybrid, be more effective than low-tech rifles that's for dang sure ;).

ahh - i await, with gusto, the sweet release of death.

Original monk
04-06-04, 15:02
well the option would be to go for a med lvl blessed and a tox beam hybrid for pvp and not for lvling.

actually

whats the minus on kami chips is it -ppu? or -int? cant remember

idd, poisonbeam , cosey

the minus on the kami is -40 ppu, they changed the -15 int into -40ppu, snif

hinch
04-06-04, 15:03
hokay so kami is still out.

but a por+blessed should now have enough points for a decent mana pool and good % on spells at both sides.

and energy holy halo for hunting with.

can someone post all spell reqs from lowest halo upto FA and also from pe lvl ppu upto holy

i cant remember them off top of head and i wanna do some maths now

]v[ortice
04-06-04, 15:11
I hope it will still be viable to have APUs and PPUs too.

Would be nice to have the option of being either/or or both.

J. Folsom
04-06-04, 15:11
hinch: Use this site (http://nc.synergyxr.net), for the requirements. It has all the new ones listed.

Dribble Joy
04-06-04, 15:13
v[ortice']I hope it will still be viable to have APUs and PPUs too.
APU/PPU tag team will still own a pair of hybrids.

hinch
04-06-04, 15:14
an apu/ppu tag team will beat everything appart from a melee tank :(

N1n3
04-06-04, 15:21
2 Hybrids <>= APU/PPU Team. Thats the way it should be. Atm it is APU/PPU Team > 4 - 6 hybrids.

ps: sex @ hinch.

Dubhead
04-06-04, 15:21
seeing Nemesis2k and Neal in action together scares me :(

hinch
04-06-04, 15:31
seeing Nemesis2k and Neal in action together scares me :(

wait till you see good hybrids in action

sex @ nine :)

N1n3
04-06-04, 15:54
new drugs, no psi penalty, it looks like I hav to visit the test server again.. :rolleyes: are there any new drugs which affect psi subskills ? :wtf:

hinch
04-06-04, 16:07
thats what i was thinking nine cos you could be ppu heavy and drug up to apu

Houston
04-06-04, 16:21
BTW whats a good Hybrid IMp setup? and what pa too wear?

Dribble Joy
04-06-04, 16:22
Go find out.

N1n3
04-06-04, 16:23

no hybrid with a really good setup will tell u.

Phlith
04-06-04, 16:32
attack1, defensive 1, psi resistor 1, and i don't know about the fourth implant but thats up to you.

Houston
04-06-04, 16:33
attack1, defensive 1, psi resistor 1, and i don't know about the fourth implant but thats up to you.
Hahah is that a joke.... :lol:

Original monk
04-06-04, 16:42

its actually not that difficult to find out :) it also depends on what kind of hybrid you want, a 50/50 hybrid or a apubased hybrid ?

i have a 50/50 hybrid myself and in my head there's a ds,psicore,xp2 and xp3 (who needs resist force anyway :) )

when i wear a PA i can use my holy poisonhalo and such, but i prefer to not use it cause a PA doesnt lets me buff up midcombat ... OK ya do loads less damage/ can use less spells but who cares, they cant kill ya anyway :)
and i always got an apusuit2 as a back up in gogo/inventory..

some also use pp-resistorchips, maybe even move-on's to get to a filter 2 but i dont need all that stuff :) a hybrid's spells are strong enough by emselves

i do need those extra PPW's the xp controllers give ya :)

but start making a little hybrid yourself and you will notice pretty quickly there arent THAT much options hehe, kk made sure of that by now :P

and then you can also see if ya prefer APU/ppu or apu/ppu or even PPU/apu fo fun :)

Also dont believe Nine, he's trying to make it all look complicated and mysterious while actually its pisseasy :)

but before all: its fun :)

also: i dont like to use skillmanagers, yust try it out and lom a bit, ok this goes slower but thats the pleasure: making youre own customized little hybrid :)

ffcourse when youre not 100% about going hybrid then ya can better use the skillmanager to check out what it will look like

have fun :)

hinch
04-06-04, 16:43
Ds,ds,ds,ds

Original monk
04-06-04, 16:48
Ds,ds,ds,ds

if this was possible it would be a dream comming true :)

Houston
04-06-04, 16:48
Ds,ds,ds,ds
Hahahahah

ufora
04-06-04, 16:52
Ds,ds,ds,ds

tho when u die its like 20 mins waiting for 3 115 pokes lol

hinch
04-06-04, 17:00
naah i always have a tl115 poker handy :)

most of the time though its

ds,core,exp2,exp3

ufora
04-06-04, 17:02
naah i always have a tl115 poker handy :)

most of the time though its

ds,core,exp2,exp3

lol, i hated having to have 115 poked, when i lost my herc went to using a amc3 instead on my tank and i never look bak lol

Dribble Joy
04-06-04, 17:06
I can't stand not being able to poke, my PE has 115 imp (with nightspider), 100 wep and can hack wbts.

MrChumble
04-06-04, 17:50

Sorry to bold this up but no one else seems to have noticed that YOU ARE COMPLETELY WRONG!

The hybrid penalty knocks 5% off the stats of the spells, it does NOT affect the spell requirements. A blessed defense, energy beam hybrid is no more viable now than before and as far as I know not possible without PA swaps and drugs. 5% more to heal stat is bugger all; this change is almost entirely cosmetic and I suspect just there to tidy up the code.

Progenitor
04-06-04, 17:54
You are kidding me?

Well, the game might just be fun again!

I really need a DS now. Someplace I have me one of those DoY Kamakzi PSI chips too, that might be useful now!!

-p

Strych9
04-06-04, 17:57
Sorry to bold this up but no one else seems to have noticed that YOU ARE COMPLETELY WRONG!

The hybrid penalty knocks 5% off the stats of the spells, it does NOT affect the spell requirements. A blessed defense, energy beam hybrid is no more viable now than before and as far as I know not possible without PA swaps and drugs. 5% more to heal stat is bugger all; this change is almost entirely cosmetic and I suspect just there to tidy up the code.Yep yep. 50/50 hybrids are NOT possible.

If you have blessed heal, the best possible PvP spell you can have with it is holy energy halo- beam is way off. And HEH is only possible with virtually no allocated points in PPW.

Run the numbers people. A normal heal/shelter hybrid is doable. A blessed heal hybrid would be pretty sad I think, even with capped Int and all Int into Psi Use.

Original monk
04-06-04, 17:58
You are kidding me?

Well, the game might just be fun again!

I really need a DS now. Someplace I have me one of those DoY Kamakzi PSI chips too, that might be useful now!!

-p

the apukami sure come's in handy to level up youre monkey :)

and ffcourse when ya lommed to hybrid and you wonna recap youre psi :)

to chumble: yes this is been noticed, reread post # 3, but i havent been home yet so i didnt really had the opportunity to check ... im sure when the patch gets out ill be lommin again tough :) yust to try it all out :)

greetings and enjoy playing youre hybrids all

MrChumble
04-06-04, 18:01
With a DS a blessed/holy halo hybrid can be done. They're about on a par with a bad PE; and minced utterly if the opponent knows hybrids big weakness.

I'm in two minds about Hybrids; they're basically a PE with point and click, so don't add anything new to the game. But on the other hand the current pure APU/PPU system isn't particularly good.

As I've said sooo many times I really would like KK to rethink monks from the very basic premise right through to the specifics of implementation.

They seem pretty happy with them as they are though :(

Carinth
04-06-04, 18:16
Hybrids need their own line of combo spells, you can't balance them properly as long as they use the same spells pure monks do. If you make hybrids reasonably strong, then you send pure monks through the roof. If you make pure's reasonably strong, then you end up with pathetic hybrids. You just can't balance a system like that, Hybrids need their own spells. They need spells that have ppu and apu reqs, only then could Hybrids actualy be a viable 3rd choice for Monks.

Original monk
04-06-04, 18:38
Hybrids need their own line of combo spells, you can't balance them properly as long as they use the same spells pure monks do. If you make hybrids reasonably strong, then you send pure monks through the roof. If you make pure's reasonably strong, then you end up with pathetic hybrids. You just can't balance a system like that, Hybrids need their own spells. They need spells that have ppu and apu reqs, only then could Hybrids actualy be a viable 3rd choice for Monks.

cool how each sentance begins with the word hybrid :P

and you are probably right with them hybrids having there own spells and all ... but until now there wherent alot of hybrids ... ok everyone wanted to be hybrid when they where crazyly overpowerd, but normally there arent alot of em around.

and i dont think KK appreciates them that much that there going to get there own line of spells, would be very cool but hybrid has been a dead class for so long (maybe a few hardcorehybrids yeah, wink wink omnituens) ... but KK killed all hybrids with a -30 nerf at each side ... so i dont think they like em alot lol, now recently there where some pro hybrid adyustments in the patches yeah ... wich is very cool, but i think thats more a nice present of KK.

Like: aslong as nobody whines about them hybrids here on the forums they can get little steps forward (like the lowering in REQ of the energy halo) but as soon as there is 1 overpowerd hybrid and the whining begins its game over again ... they still have there bad reputation from old days :/

dont get me wrong tough, i would love to see hybrids as a viable standalone class ... but its my guess that that situation isnt for soon :)

and to be honest, its much nicer if not everyone has a hybrid :) even tough they are a bit gimped and all ... yeah even them apubased hybrids are gimped ... cause of the fucking around with PA's and stuff ... plus they cant take care off others ... they cant assist ppu-ing + they cant buff decently midbattle :/

Strych9
04-06-04, 19:33
Can hybrids ever be balanced? What would that consist of?

Think about it. People despise the fact that PPUs are needed to keep people alive.

So it will be one of two ways:

1. hybrids can keep themselves alive. ONOZ NERF!!! Now you have a player with PPU longevity AND offense. HAX!!!

2. hybrids have to rely on PPUs like everyone else. Then why bother with a hybrid?

Or what am I missing? What amount of defensive protection could a hybrid possibly have that people wouldnt mind seeing it coupled with offense?

Also, as a side note- do people see the removal of a small 5% malus a sign that KK suddenly wants hybrids to be viable?

Kikyo
04-06-04, 19:48
Are you guys thinking about the other classes when you talk about hybrids? Since H-C got nerfed no tank can beat a hybrid as it is. PE's will get ********** by hybrids when they cast poison spells on them. Apus pfft pwnt already. Spys pull out their stealths b4 they can get a shot off them. The attack power on hybrids may be not the best but their defence sure is. Sure give them uber attacks and better defence watch anyone fall to a hybrid. Even a nub can fight as a hybrid if they are like that lol..... but sure ok bring back hybrid but REMOVE PARA damnit >.<

Dribble Joy
04-06-04, 20:26
Since H-C got nerfed no tank can beat a hybrid as it is. PE's will get ********** by hybrids when they cast poison spells on them.
Erm... huh?

You are aware of the mob resists are you not?

j0rz
04-06-04, 21:22
u cant have blessed hybird and use a nrg beam only holy nrg halo u can use a energy beam ith psi 3

Divide
04-06-04, 21:37
As it is right now, my Apu based hybrid gets these dmg%'s according to the current hybrid penalty
128.75 APU
66.45 PPU

With the penalty removed(assuming there is no further tweak to psi dmg) my new dmg's will be:
131.8 APU
73.95 PPU

Not a great increase in APU, but since my ppu is so low atm, I get a much better boost to it.

What this means:
Monsoon will get roughly 480% dmg on his holy lightning (with pa, no psi boost)
He will also cap his tl25 shelter, and be within 40% dmg of capped blessed deflector.

Old hybrids wont be back, but current hybrids will get a slight boost in power.

Shadow Dancer
05-06-04, 00:44
Divide how much on an energy beam with that setup?

Ivory
05-06-04, 04:15

Check my fuckin idea under my sig ppl for hybrid spells vote it, give feedback make it noticed, ffs, i dont want it having cobwebs :mad:

Eledhbrant
05-06-04, 05:16
Divide i checked it on test

its 470% instead of 459% dmg on HL. not bad

couldnt test shelter cos i didnt have a constructed artifact one :P

Divide
05-06-04, 05:20
Divide how much on an energy beam with that setup?

Energy beam is too weak... If memory serves me correctly, I get about 50-70% better dmg and 7 more freq on ebeams than I do hl's... but hl is still the better choice without a doubt.

Original monk
05-06-04, 10:08
Check my fuckin idea under my sig ppl for hybrid spells vote it, give feedback make it noticed, ffs, i dont want it having cobwebs :mad:

rofl

relax ivory :)

Shadow Dancer
05-06-04, 14:25
Energy beam is too weak... If memory serves me correctly, I get about 50-70% better dmg and 7 more freq on ebeams than I do hl's... but hl is still the better choice without a doubt.

Yea you're right I guess. Personally I never thought E-Beam was weak until they nerfed HL. It seems they nerfed both HL and E-Beam but then re-boosted HL. It seems like E-Beam stayed with less damage, hehe.

I could be wrong though.