PDA

View Full Version : Nerf Pistols

Dribble Joy
04-06-04, 01:01
WTF? DJ? One of the foremost pistol/judge users wanting a nerf? What could possibly be the matter.

Range is the answer.

The last patch got the pistol rnages, at least on the rares, boosted considerably.

I used to get 79m on my judge, now it's around 115.
To a rifler this is a joke, but I am able to hit (mobs at least) half way to the clipping plane, which is the kind of ranges I would take a rifle to.

Pistols are supposed to have appalling range, tbh I though the pre patch ranges were a bit high.

So.

Nerf Pistol(range)s.

Shadow Dancer
04-06-04, 01:04
O_o

Their are much much more important things to nerf. I mean "tweak". :rolleyes:

Koshinn
04-06-04, 01:05
Earp got range quadrupled. It was fine before.

Divide
04-06-04, 01:09
Im not concerned with pistol ranges, more so with damage output. And in that concern as well, tech pistols above the judge (with exception of BoH) are overpowered. The Slasher tears people up, as does the Exe, and even the "nerfed" RoLH. Nerf pistol damage

tomparadox
04-06-04, 01:11
HELL NO! STOP Fing TRYING TO NERF THINGS THAT ARE FINE!... NERF THE DAMN PARAs NOT PISTOLS...

plague
04-06-04, 01:14
omg another nerf thread, don't u ppl have anything better to do then crying for nerfs LEAVE IT AS IT IS ............

tomparadox
04-06-04, 01:16
omg another nerf thread, don't u ppl have anything better to do then crying for nerfs LEAVE IT AS IT IS ............

right with you there, people get something better to do and stop bitching when you get killed and come make a nerf thred ( dribble im not aiming that at you, im saying in general )...

Houston
04-06-04, 01:17
STOP MAKING NERF THREADS ITS GETING ANOYING!!!! :rolleyes:

Dribble Joy
04-06-04, 01:17
:o

Heh, should have known better.

Yes there are better things to do, more important things to balance.

That said I do get annoyed with people who say, 'leave it alone, it's fine.' when they quite obviously are not.

If you can balance, then balance.
That said, pistol range needs balancing.

Shadow Dancer
04-06-04, 01:18
yea but para, ppus, melee tanks, there's better worse things that need tweaking.

:D

Mumblyfish
04-06-04, 01:19
Pistol range is fine. It's the only advantage pistol users have over melee.

High-level pistol damage, on the other hand, is nuts. But there are more important issues at hand.

tomparadox
04-06-04, 01:21

That said I do get annoyed with people who say, 'leave it alone, it's fine.' when they quite obviously are not.

erm, dude, go balense a damn PE if you whant to balense something, go F with APUs ( UNNERF THEM ) if you whant to do something, but dont try to nerf pistols. maby reduce the rang a LITTLE, but not a lot... but dont touch the dmg, dmg is fine...

plague
04-06-04, 01:21
:o

well then you shouldn't call it "NERF pistols" lol maby "some important balancing issues" heheh , i just hate to c things nerfed, id rather c them improoved.

Dribble Joy
04-06-04, 01:26
yea but para, ppus, melee tanks, there's better worse things that need tweaking.

I KNOW!!! >_<

Pistol range is fine. It's the only advantage pistol users have over melee.

High-level pistol damage, on the other hand, is nuts. But there are more important issues at hand.
Though I have reservations of treading this ground, teh pistol range in NC is hardly realistic. You would never get a pistol to hit much beyond about 60m.

The current pistol range means that you can hunt and engage people at a range that should be only for rifles and heavy weapons.
Pistols are like melee.
Given all weapon systems being equal in close combat, they have advantages/disadvantages outside of it.
Melee/pistol have reduced req needed, but range limitation.
Rifle/heavy can engage at range, but as a consequence need more skills devoted to them.
Obviously this is theoretical, current clipping range is moose-like.

The high end pistols (exec/slasher) should be tl 120+, out of PEs hands and making the spies the 'dex-apus' they were supposed to be.

but dont touch the dmg, dmg is fine...
Except above examples I agree.

i just hate to c things nerfed, id rather c them improoved.
True, but there are limits to some things, boundries which we can work in, given the restrainsts and rules that the game follows.
Pistols with too much range start becoming low req rifles, which is wrong.

SorkZmok
04-06-04, 01:59
I agree, the range on some of the rare pistols is insane. I'm sniping warbots with my BoH from miles away. Its like using a rifle. They cant even really shoot back.

Thing is, reticle closing speed is somehow tied to range too. And some of the high tl pistols need a small nerf. A very very small one. Exe is one bitch to aim imo and the slasher is pretty much ok now with the higher rof/lower dmg. RolH i dunno, i hate rayguns.

Rai Wong
04-06-04, 03:56
umm maybe rifles need to do more damage?

SorkZmok
04-06-04, 04:07
umm maybe rifles need to do more damage?
Haha, why? Theres 1 rifle that does. Just don't use any gun beside the Healing Light. o_O

trigger hurt
04-06-04, 06:02
I agree, the range on some of the rare pistols is insane. I'm sniping warbots with my BoH from miles away. Its like using a rifle. They cant even really shoot back.

Thing is, reticle closing speed is somehow tied to range too. And some of the high tl pistols need a small nerf. A very very small one. Exe is one bitch to aim imo and the slasher is pretty much ok now with the higher rof/lower dmg. RolH i dunno, i hate rayguns.
That would be ok if Slasher damage was lowered, but it isnt. It's still doing the same damage it used to do, but now it's doing it at a much higher rate of fire.

manderf
04-06-04, 07:36
this is how nc gets crappy. JUST leave them as they are ffs

Divide
04-06-04, 21:44
Haha, why? Theres 1 rifle that does. Just don't use any gun beside the Healing Light. o_O

All rifles need a boost in damage. The first love is dwarfed by the CS, in damage and in RoF due to the fact that a spy's dex is much more chopped up than any intellegent HC tank's str is.

KK should make weaponlore effect rifle frequency just like it does for pistols, and heavy combat.

Eledhbrant
04-06-04, 22:00
Yes weapon lore should affect rifle ROF...165/min on a First Love on a capped spy is crap (because of the imps needed).

CincyFire
04-06-04, 22:18
Why not just make rifles better? Make the range 4X that of a pistol (at least!) and more damage or better fequency! something! I'm getting owned by aggressors now and I'm 59///51!!! :mad:

Aziraphale
04-06-04, 22:22
Why not just make rifles better? Make the range 4X that of a pistol (at least!) and more damage or better fequency! something! I'm getting owned by aggressors now and I'm 59///51!!! :mad:

It's already many times greater than that of pistols, however, the clipping distance and lag making avatars 'bounce' around the screen at long distance renders it useless.

VetteroX
04-06-04, 22:24
No, the ranges need to stay as they are, here is why: range factors in a lot into how fast a weapon aims. even if you are only 5 meters from someone, the max range of your weapon plays a big part in how fast your recticle closes. wyatt erp was so hard to aim before because its range was such crap... now its fixed. Rifles can still shoot much further then pistols can, and lock on faster to far away targets.

The only thing that needs to be done is to nerf the damage on slasher and executioner.... slasher does like 85% more damage then lib... almost TWICE the damage... getting hit by a slasher is basically equal to getting hit by 2 libs at the same time, especilally because most people have more force resist then energy. sure its tl 113, but its just too powerful, as is executioner.

ou7blaze
05-06-04, 00:49
Business as usual ........................

this new range is a new feature so that pistols own riflers even more, since I am a pistoler i find this patch good :)

(ok i stop bs'ing) -_-"

ou7blaze
05-06-04, 00:52
nah i tried out rolh and ... it quite literally sux ...

Dribble Joy
05-06-04, 01:19
No, the ranges need to stay as they are, here is why: range factors in a lot into how fast a weapon aims. even if you are only 5 meters from someone, the max range of your weapon plays a big part in how fast your recticle closes. wyatt erp was so hard to aim before because its range was such crap... now its fixed. Rifles can still shoot much further then pistols can, and lock on faster to far away targets.
Yes I know.

Pre patch and after patch, pistols aimed the same, so can alter the max range without altering the way in which it aims.
I am thinking about lomming my hack on my PE, only got 100 wep atm.

I just that think that the max range of pistols is too high, no the aiming.

Mr_Snow
05-06-04, 01:24
if something is boosted when it shouldnt of and then returning it to where it was and should be it is not a nerf, DJ shouldnt of called the thread nerf pistols as it aint a nerf and invited the above spam of stop the nerf threads.

Pistol range being so high is a slap in the face to rifle users which are slightly underpowered atm and just gives another reason why pistols are now becoming better then rifles in both spy and PE classes, they should be returned to their origional range and left there.

spongeb0b
05-06-04, 01:26
NO NO NO NO NO stop nerfing its fine as it is, all you will do is overtip the balance and something else will need nerfing. STOP IT /me sobs uncontrolably

Mr_Snow
05-06-04, 01:38
NO NO NO NO NO stop nerfing its fine as it is, all you will do is overtip the balance and something else will need nerfing. STOP IT /me sobs uncontrolably

Well in theory if you nerf everything and every class so badly that eventually they will all be as shit as each other and all be balanced, this would be the balancing route I would say that KK takes except on the odd occasion the decide to boost something completely out off whack with everything else hense leading to the ocron phases that the game goes throught until eventually that class is then nerfed and another boosted to replace it.

mishkin
05-06-04, 01:41
I say No! to any nerfing/tweaking/changing... Goddamnit, don't you see that it was your own whining (maybe not specifically DJ's :p ) that got the game to the state it is right now?

Just shut the hell up and play the game already.... this is why there are no people on anymore, they got fed up with the changes. I know I did, even after less than one year. Besides, every time you call for a change, kk breaks something (Anyone used the TH lifts lately? :rolleyes: ) and we have to wait for an even longer time to get that fixed (if it gets fixed at all).

My 2 cents.

-(minus) 5 stars, lowest of all that is low and hated...