PDA

View Full Version : Will be back soon

Clyde
03-06-04, 22:37
I just thought id let the community on pluto and saturn that I will be back shortly. About a week ago a close friend of mines that plays also got ahold of my account, tossed my items and deleted all of my characters on both servers :mad: . I have emailed helpdesk@neocron.com numerous times asking if they could restore my characters from a backup, but still I get no reply, hopefully they will :( . I know I wouldnt get my items back, but thats understandable. Anyways I thought that I would make the community and whoever else aware of my problem. Ill be back like arnold

naimex
03-06-04, 22:38
Sorry to hear mate :(

that really sucks..

Hope you at least get your chars back.

also Hope youŽll be back

MkVenner
03-06-04, 22:39
shitty, damn shame dude, hope your back soon with your guys'n'gear

Clyde
03-06-04, 22:43
I wish i could hop in the game now, but all I see after server select is blank empty slots. I was told by a few people in the irc channel not to create any characters, which is understandable. I was wondering, if helpdesk@neocron.com was the right people to email, or do I send it to accounts@neocron.com o_O , like I said I emailed them about 2 times over a 4 day period with no responce except the automated reply. I was thinking maybe they overlooked my email or cant/refuse to do anything about it and decided not to email me back

naimex
03-06-04, 22:45
find out whos in charge of accounts, and send him/her a forum PM about it/ to check on the helpdesk.

MkVenner
03-06-04, 22:47
everyone's asleep on IRC or id ask there, hop on yourself and ask periodicly if you can be bothered lol :D

Odin
03-06-04, 22:47
Carnage is on vacation so there is a considerable delay on any cases needing rollbacks right now.

Shadow Dancer
03-06-04, 22:49
Why did your "friend" do this?

Odin
03-06-04, 22:51
Why did your "friend" do this?
No matter how hard we harp on not sharing accounts people still do it. Myself and Danae have seen it all. Family members, best friends, gf's squabbling over accounts.

Clyde
03-06-04, 22:55
Carnage is on vacation so there is a considerable delay on any cases needing rollbacks right now.

Ok thats cool, I'd rather wait and hope that they can rollback than hearing no we cant :) .

eheh, we got into a heated little fight in rl and at the time he was drunk so he figured that he would be a little b**** and do what he did, but he did get what he had coming after I found out what he did :angel:

G.0.D.
03-06-04, 22:55
I remember when Que's little brother deleted his account by mistake ( he wanted to create his own charicter :rolleyes: ) I heard Que severialy beat him...

Shadow Dancer
03-06-04, 23:03
No matter how hard we harp on not sharing accounts people still do it. Myself and Danae have seen it all. Family members, best friends, gf's squabbling over accounts.

I know, it's pretty sad.

I've had people online give me access to their account within 1 day of meeting me. 8|

I remember when Que's little brother deleted his account by mistake ( he wanted to create his own charicter :rolleyes: ) I heard Que severialy beat him...

I don't think Que beat him. I hope not.

SilentEye
03-06-04, 23:11
Shadow,

Learn it hun, everyone will let you play it's account, trust me :)
If you ask nicely I think you'll manage! :lol:

Silent!

Clyde
07-06-04, 23:18
One week laster I get this responce.

We doesnt restore characters on request.
If you think your account was hacked, you can contact our community manager
Mr. Feidt (feidt@reakktor.com) to investigate.

best regards,
Stephan Bast

Even tho I've read this

6. Restoring characters lost due to external influences

If one or more characters are lost due to external actions (e.g. by another player who had previously been allowed access to the account), they may be restored from backup at the discretion of Reakktor Media GmbH. In such cases only the characters will be restored. Items in apartments, the GoGuardian or the character's inventory will be deleted to ensure that duplication does not occur.

and it took a week for me to get that. How else would you know to restore my characters if I didnt request them to be restored. See, now that shit right there makes me seriously pissed, Some bullshit happens, characters and what not lost, they have the ability to restore my characters which i've spent countless hours on and they cant even do that to ensure theyll be continuing to recieve my money. Its funny how theres a small client base and still its treated like theres a million of them.

Dribble Joy
07-06-04, 23:30
Without full item transaction/movement logging they cannot restore items that have been lost.

Danae/Odin have had up to 10 requests a day asking for 'deleted' chars and items to be restored.
Some people think they can get away with it.

Clyde
07-06-04, 23:49
I didnt say I wanted my items back, I just wanted my characters back

Dribble Joy
07-06-04, 23:51
Afaik, characters will be rolled back but without items, you will still have your symp and xp.

VetteroX
07-06-04, 23:57
get what was comming to him? If someone hit that to me, they would not be my freind anymore, and they would be in the hospital, one way or another. Theres no excuse for deleting 18 months of work, and theres nothing that could be done to make up for it.

Clyde
08-06-04, 00:01
Afaik, characters will be rolled back but without items, you will still have your symp and xp.

Thats what i was hoping/wondering, but according to the email, they dont seem to do that?

j0rz
08-06-04, 02:17
get what was comming to him? If someone hit that to me, they would not be my freind anymore, and they would be in the hospital, one way or another. Theres no excuse for deleting 18 months of work, and theres nothing that could be done to make up for it.

i'd go down for Murder 1 lol :mad: :wtf:

VetteroX
08-06-04, 03:08
no, murder doesnt let them suffer... paralizing them makes them think about if for life.

Clyde
08-06-04, 04:06

Nothing can make up for it, but its just a game. Anyways I went over to his house, went to him room, said f*** you b**** and took my bottle of juice and dumped it all over his newly built comp. then busted him in the face