PDA

View Full Version : Cool psi blockers

Archeus
03-06-04, 10:14
Any word when they will be made available? Or is just protopharma keeping it rare like the spirit mod?

Dribble Joy
03-06-04, 10:29
How about we let the events take place?

Q`alooaith
03-06-04, 10:39
How about we let the events take place?
I'm sure I've heard that before somwhere...

Heavyporker
03-06-04, 10:55
huhhh...

psi blockers? I mean, I'm fairly caught up with the storyline, but what are those?

J. Folsom
03-06-04, 11:03
If I had to guess, I'd guess this. (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=100080)

Heavyporker
03-06-04, 11:08
wow... that's extremely interesting...

I wonder what happens when alpha-minuses take "Rust" ....

Sure, they'd become cripples psionically, but to be immune to other psis....

One has to wonder, if "Rust" actually works, has it been taken from the foundations of the PSI Resist implants... and if so... would PSI Resist implants still be a viable protection path...

Dribble Joy
03-06-04, 11:10
I personnally don't like it, see sig.

hinch
03-06-04, 11:30
woot so a drug to make you completely invinciable to monks?

great :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

heres a nerf bat nerf us till we're unsusable in any role
then just completely make use useless with some drugs

*claps*

Dribble Joy
03-06-04, 11:33
I get the feeling it will turn out to only effect para. :o

J. Folsom
03-06-04, 11:35
woot so a drug to make you completely invinciable to monks?

great :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

heres a nerf bat nerf us till we're unsusable in any role
then just completely make use useless with some drugs

*claps*
If we assume it doesn't just block negative but also positive effects, someone who has taken it would have way less defences, and no really good way of healing, and thus be killable in a matter of seconds, as they'd basically be turning themselves into a solo APU.

EDIT: But we should probably wait with jumping to conclusions, it could be just about anything.

Gcircle
03-06-04, 11:36
whee ... a anti monk drug .. hopefully we will find the equivalent as a spi spell too :P i mean .. no HL/apoc damage .. no shelter support ... :P

tbh . hi hinch - long time m8te

Greetz
Q-wulf

hinch
03-06-04, 11:38
If we assume it doesn't just block negative but also positive effects, someone who has taken it would have way less defences, and no really good way of healing, and thus be killable in a matter of seconds, as they'd basically be turning themselves into a solo APU.

EDIT: But we should probably wait with jumping to conclusions, it could be just about anything.

so a melee tank or a hc tank or a pe or a spy with a capped tl3 heal cant heal :(

clearly

sexy q-wulf *sex*

Gcircle
03-06-04, 11:47
i think they gonna make the drug that way that you will have only a lower effect when getting in contact with psi . otehrwhise they could simply remove the apu/ppu :P .. ermn and all the spells

// Hinch .. you still dare to sex me ? .. wheee .. pm me where you idle (irc )

Heavyporker
03-06-04, 11:50
hinch.. you just made no sense.

a un-parashockable or db-able melee tank would rip up EVERYONE. Shit, man, chug a medikit after polishing off each monk on the other team. Sheesh.

I really can't believe you guys.

KK - "Yo, guys, we're gonna make a anti-parashock AND anti-damage-boost pill that lasts for 5 minutes at least"

Players - " Yaaayyy"

KK - "Here's the thing, though, you can't buff yourself while hopped-up"

Players - 'Booo, hisss, j00 suX! I'm quitting! Neocron sux!"

Original monk
03-06-04, 11:53
If I had to guess, I'd guess this. (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=100080)

snif, this is a pluto event, i think i better have some patience until it reaches saturn :)

Dribble Joy
03-06-04, 11:56
Spies, PEs, tanks and PPUs all rely on buffs.

Not being able to reshelter would totally fuck over PEs and ppus, not being able to heal would be a death sentence.

This could be some barstardised attempt to get self cast shields into the game, though that depends if you can self cast with the drug running.

Parappa
03-06-04, 11:57
It will most likely give resist psi.

:p

slaughteruall
03-06-04, 12:14
This could be some barstardised attempt to get self cast shields into the game, though that depends if you can self cast with the drug running.

Why does no one understand that there will never be self cast shields. If they do that kills the monk class completely. PE's/spies would own. Tanks would be for hunting.

Slaughter

japata
03-06-04, 12:19
I'd sign up to test those blockers, but it says on the last line "MMF may or may not contain peanuts" and my char's allergic to peanuts. :rolleyes:

Dribble Joy
03-06-04, 12:53
Why does no one understand that there will never be self cast shields. If they do that kills the monk class completely. PE's/spies would own. Tanks would be for hunting.

:rolleyes:
Concept concept concept. Remember that PEs gain virtually nothing from PPU shields over their own.

I can't be arsed arguing this here, I have a statics and dynamics exam in 2 hours, and this isn't the place anyway.

hose187
03-06-04, 18:28
Damn. I'm going to have to try to fit yet another drug in my QB? The drugs are getting a bit out of hand. If this is a planned game addition and not just some RP, I seriously hope they do away with all the other 'anti' drugs.

Jest
03-06-04, 18:47
I think an anti-monk drug would be great. Because its a two way street. Perhaps you cant get parad/dbed/less damage with APU. But the effects of shelter/heal/etc will be largely diminished. Definitely interesting to see how it plays out.

Mumblyfish
03-06-04, 19:14
All this whinging, and we don't even know what the drug does :lol:

I personally can't wait to learn more about it.

StryfeX
03-06-04, 19:19
Well, I guess that means my Tsunami Syndicate runners aren't invited to the testing. :lol: Ah well. I'm gonna agree with mumbly here. Let's wait and see what it does, first, before we start bitching.

--Stryfe

Shadow Dancer
03-06-04, 19:30
I'm not sure if it's cool to reduce apu damage. Kuz then 1v1 apus would be fucked. But then if it doesn't reduce apu damage, what would be the point of it? I guess it could just block db and para, as well as shelter and heal. Gotta wait and see.

As for pes and spies "owning" if shields are self/cast. What a crock, lol. :p

I kill pes all the time, and I see other tanks kill pes all the time 1v1. So why would pes suddenly be on top?

Maybe drugged up spies would be too much though, :p.

whifix
03-06-04, 19:42
Maybe the drug will offer a immunity to DB and Parashock in exchange for like -25 PPU. Or what would be better is if Psi Rests would lower the time Parashock and DB lasted and this drug would instead add 25 or so to psi resist. It could be like the fire resist drug.

Trivial
04-06-04, 07:40
Well...there is a difference between apu and ppu here...for apu powers deal in energy, fire and poison damage..not psi damage...so in my understanding apu damage would be uneffected where ppu (psi manipulations) would be effected. For if apu damage was to be effected it would just mean resists to fire/energy/poison...

The reason I'm looking at it this way is because there is a PSI Resist in the game, but its ineffective against apu powers because they don't do PSI damage...

Or maybe I'm reading that wrong... O_o