PDA

View Full Version : can't find researcher

greploco
03-06-04, 05:27
I logged on to do some work (it's been a while) and someone is looking for a researcher --- I do the work, it's some mid level pistol, and the guy tells me that he has been looking for 3 nights

no, this isn't pluto or uranus

it's saturn

freaking saturn

3 nights

that blows

there needs to be some sort of stopgap measure to insure there is some tradeskill available

ResurgencE
03-06-04, 06:27
Hmm...Aight.

ill ensure that i take atleast half an hour daily out of my game-time to keep my resser and cster stationed at P1/P2.

Just wanna do my bit. :)

Garg [RogueNET]
03-06-04, 10:24
considering "Trade Channel" gets spammed WAAAAAY to much... how bout making a channel for tradeskillers... "Trade Skill Channel" where u can announce ur services and customers can ask for the tradeskill they want.. and we wont have spammage of ppl selling rares or just OOC stuff on it.

Archeus
03-06-04, 10:25
']considering "Trade Channel" gets spammed WAAAAAY to much... how bout making a channel for tradeskillers... "Trade Skill Channel" where u can announce ur services and customers can ask for the tradeskill they want.. and we wont have spammage of ppl selling rares or just OOC stuff on it.

You mean the SKILLS channels for trades people?

MkVenner
03-06-04, 11:10
correct me if im wrong but...they're...there, the skills channel, aint they...in brackets it says IMP/CON/RES...

Biznatchy
03-06-04, 11:13
You mean the SKILLS channels for trades people?

you can hear a pin drop in the skills channel. Hell you could plan an op raid and be more secure then directing everyone.

Lareolan
04-06-04, 04:25
I logged on to do some work (it's been a while) and someone is looking for a researcher --- I do the work, it's some mid level pistol, and the guy tells me that he has been looking for 3 nights

no, this isn't pluto or uranus

it's saturn

freaking saturn

3 nights

that blows

there needs to be some sort of stopgap measure to insure there is some tradeskill available

Oh there ARE researchers... Just that I didn't spend so much time and effort to get research skill of 200 just to sit in Plaza for hours on end and research low level crap for people who barely pay enough in "tip" to cover the RS used.

Am I being a complete ass? Yes. Why am I being an ass? Because I'm sick of researchers being so unappreciated... You go to a researcher, have him make you 10 BPs of a gun and you pay him maybe 10k... Then you go to a constructor, have him make the guns and if he gets you decent slots some people have been known to give as much as 50-100k...

So until the community improves, I'd rather sit in my apartment making BPs so I could:
A) get xp
B) have some good 5 slotted items I could sell for good cash later
And until people stop being so cheap so as not to pay researchers for their time and effort, I am going to stay in my apartment doing something much much more worth it for me.

Riley
04-06-04, 05:09
That person that was trying for several days to get my TL 38? submachine gun BP'd was me. Granted I only play ~1 hour a night, but I message through trade chat constantly. I tipped him 5k for the BP and supplied substance and cube, but, thinking back, I should have tipped him more for how grateful I was to finally find somebody to research my "newb" gun.

greploco
05-06-04, 08:20
I thought about this - had an idea

essentially provide some sort of automatic mid-low level research/construct/implant for a moderate fee. like on the test server there is that "TL200autopoker" char --- granted, it's just some dev with some tape over the mouse button - but you get the idea.

so what does this do -- it replaces low to mid level res/cst/imp with some automatic process thus putting the low to mid level people out of a job.

so what - nobody in their right mind should be offering those skills unless they are high level anyway. there would still be plenty of high level chars around and plenty of incentive for poeple to develop high level skills. how the heck else would they get high level weps reserched and wepons of decent quality made.

what I'm asking for here is a stopgap measuer. something that doesn't replace people but gives someone an option to get a decent wepon made if no one is available. sure -- it won't be top notch but at least a player would be able to level off of it.

what you guys think ?

say TL 75

DonnyJepp
05-06-04, 08:21
blueprint vendors perhaps?

Hopefull with DOY the player-shops will be allowed to stock blueprints for sale, this would kick ass.

Birkoff
05-06-04, 08:27
you can hear a pin drop in the skills channel. Hell you could plan an op raid and be more secure then directing everyone.

Hehe we used to use lvl 40 team channel for OP fights when NDA existed on pluto, might be y we lsot :/

Can't talk about saturn but ill usually log a trader when ppl need them on pluto

Marshall1
05-06-04, 14:08
guys my constructor and resser are on most nights on saturn
mike researcher and mike the constructor
so maybe you werent looking hard enough
try trade channel
but im usually around
on saturn

jernau
05-06-04, 14:34
If anyone needs a resser or cster on Saturn just PM me on here whenever.