PDA

View Full Version : no more space for new rares?

Dont Mess
03-06-04, 03:29
o i love it wen theres a new rare i mean i gotta be the first 2 have it

so far first for: -

slasher
ravager
and well not first second for Peacemaker and devourer

but 2 think of it now i cant possibly think of anything new in the game apart from summin stupid like a rare grunade launcer, which is possible coz the idea of a rare baseball bat is questionable.

post ideas of new rares that could be introduced, id like a rare nade launcher

TheGreatMilenko
03-06-04, 03:39
a rare holovest that turns you into a drome usable by any class with 0 req
thats the most uberest rare in the world

Freeejumper
03-06-04, 03:51
a rare holovest that turns you into a drome usable by any class with 0 req
thats the most uberest rare in the world
i saw it on pluto hmm i heard 5 poeple have it

Lanigav
03-06-04, 07:10
RARE NAILGUN!!!!
HIGHER TL RARE Single shot low-tech PISTOL!!!
RARE GATLING CANNON!!!!
MAKING THE TERMINATOR AVAILABLE!!!!

And as you mentioned...
RARE GRENADE LAUNCHER!!!!

seraphian
03-06-04, 08:44
I did a poll ages ago about a rare grenade launcher, seems out fothe like 15 people that voted, 14 wanted it...

if they can give spies rare freezer rifles, they should give tanks rare grenades, lol.
I think that every weapon type should have a rare equivilent eventually, because at the moment, if your favorite weapon happens to be one that isn't represented (my favorite tank weapon was the gren. auncher, until I realized I couldn't get one high enough TL to use on big mobs) then you are hosed.

[TgR]KILLER
03-06-04, 09:14
rare gat rifle :X and finaly bring in the rare shotgun :p ok some people got it but still get it in...

now i think of it.. lowtech rifle PE's are the ONLY class that only has 1 rare weapon available atm.. sure you got the termi but that doesn't drop so it aint realy available.. and then when they finaly get in the strange book... lowtech rifle users are the only class that has to do a run for their rare.. why din't you implent the new other rare's like the melee in runs to ? instead of just ***** us over...

Archeus
03-06-04, 09:35
Rare nades.

Rare nade launcher

MkVenner
03-06-04, 09:48
KILLER']rare gat rifle :X and finaly bring in the rare shotgun :p ok some people got it but still get it in...

now i think of it.. lowtech rifle PE's are the ONLY class that only has 1 rare weapon available atm.. sure you got the termi but that doesn't drop so it aint realy available.. and then when they finaly get in the strange book... lowtech rifle users are the only class that has to do a run for their rare.. why din't you implent the new other rare's like the melee in runs to ? instead of just ***** us over...
yeah im bored with my PE lol, i dont perticuarly (sp) want the Termi, i just want something new lol

garyu69
03-06-04, 10:16
yes my Low Tech PE needs a new gun.

Get me a Rare Gat, The Termi, and make My Snipers Low Tech

DonnyJepp
03-06-04, 10:17
rare tin-foil hat for paranoid PEs that lets them hunt stealthers :p

Dribble Joy
03-06-04, 10:37
What tl would a rare gat rifle/cannon be though? You don't NNED a rare gat cannon, we have the TSG, onoz it doesn't have a swirly poor woo!!

Think of the rifle line up

Termi tl87 (?)
PE tl91
RoG tl98
Redeemer tl105 (don't laugh)
HL tl110
etc.

You cannot have a low tech gun higher tl than a high tech, that's the whole point.
You want more dmg, then tl and tc will be the sacrifices you are going to have to make. Otherwise, noone would use a high tech weapon.

Looking at that lineup, unless we change it, where would a rare gat go?
Some of the rifles/pistols need a serious tl increase, to get them out of the ands of the PEs, perhaps if we made the redeemer a tl122 gun, raised the rog to tl 103, the PE up to tl96 and make the gat tl92?

Heavyporker
03-06-04, 11:01
I have to agree with DJ here...

low tech IS low tech, period. You can't have a little thing that shoots 250 gram-something projectiles do more damage than a 10 kilovolt laser capable of boring through inches of steel in mere seconds.

edit - though I have to strenously assert that considering the sniper rifles shoots projectiles, one should consider them low-tech. Though the high-tech aspect may come in the form of extremely tight tolerances that requires high skill to keep tuned and utilize properly...

*sigh* Maybe KK could add a req+X to sniper rifles, the X being an extra amount of R-C needed, and then bring sniper rifles to low tech. That way, the higher subskill req should make it still important to massively overspec R-C to cap the SH... so low techs have their "uber toy" that is still essentially low tech.

[TgR]KILLER
03-06-04, 11:40
i got 100 dex with my PA on so anything lowtech below that is fine with me :p

YoDa-UK
03-06-04, 12:23
2 words.

RARE ARMOR

not VP, or Titan crap.

Rare armor that is completely rare but gives uber resists with high reqs.

Oh wait, wont this be in WoC ?

Clownst0pper
03-06-04, 12:24
Id like a rare nail gun :(

Original monk
03-06-04, 12:25
post ideas of new rares that could be introduced, id like a rare nade launcher

i made 4 polls in my neocronlife here on the forum ... all with new concepts of weapons and stuff ..

they where called "THA POLL"

1,2,3 and 4

i can only find number 4 back :/ (think the rest got deleted cause they where to old, maybe they delete threads older then a year orso i dunno)

think KK leeched about 50% of em idea's ... but untill they dont bring in pet animals i aint thinking about new cool weapons :)

garyu69
03-06-04, 12:28
Dj, maybe not a Rare Gat then, but how about an Epic gat.

Like when you complete the CM epic you get the choice, just like you do with the TT epic. Thats what i would like to see :)

oh and still make Snipers Low Tech :)

Clownst0pper
03-06-04, 12:30
Dj, maybe not a Rare Gat then, but how about an Epic gat.

Like when you complete the CM epic you get the choice, just like you do with the TT epic. Thats what i would like to see :)

oh and still make Snipers Low Tech :)

Ive been told the CM faction councillor reward is a gattling rifle, literally a rifle with a stupidly high ROF.

Forget its name :(

n3m
03-06-04, 12:31
Ive been told the CM faction councillor reward is a gattling rifle, literally a rifle with a stupidly high ROF.

Forget its name :(speedrifle? :o

:p

Clownst0pper
03-06-04, 12:31
speedrifle? :o

:p

Meh, ur kos :lol:

Dribble Joy
03-06-04, 12:36
The merc faction reward is indeed a gat rifle.

Though afaik it is merely an artifact tl79 gat rifle.

It's called the Mercinary's Dream.

Judge
03-06-04, 12:39
Mmmm.... rare nailgun.

"Hehe, you fell of a ledge"

Clive tombstone
03-06-04, 15:38
Rare-Street rifle, with a scope grafic, call it "White Feather" named after The legendary USA sniper, carlos hathcock "white feather was a nickname "given" to him by the North Vietnamese during the war. How bout that? Low tech sniper rifle ^^ any good?

Cr33p3r
03-06-04, 18:11
a rare Mini rocket launcher there already the moonstrike so why not a pistol version

MkVenner
03-06-04, 18:15
i like the rare street rifle idea...alot...tbh what else could there be...theres a Assult Rifle, Shotgun, Gat rifle, and street rifle. Theres a rare AR and Shotgun (only 1 available), so theres only a choice of Gat or Street...

seraphian
03-06-04, 18:39
a rare Mini rocket launcher there already the moonstrike so why not a pistol version

what would you call it, an ASTEROID STRIKER? (not quite as big as the moon you see...)

I'd like to see it though, put some (limited) AoE in the hands of someone other than the tanks, and give the pistol PEs a new toy to play with (Make it low enough TL that a PE could use it, like maybe 100-105 or so)

I'm still campaigning for a gren launcher too.

The rare nailgun could be interesting, what would it do? what would the TL be? I'd picture like a low TL rare, somewhere around the TL of a PAIN ERASER, like 90-100, it's low rare, but because it does pure Force/Pierce it would be a great weapon in some circumstances (like shredding monks :)... a lot like a PE for pistolers, and face it, we do need to expand the low-tech pools, especially in pistol, especially for PEs now they they have no incentive to go T-C (stealth gone)

[edit] btw, who says that you can't have more than one rare in a single catagory eventually, they did that with laser rifles for the TL-110 HEALING LIGHT and the TL-115 Disruptor, so they could put in a dex 110 or 115 assault rifle

n3m
03-06-04, 18:42
what would you call it, an ASTEROID STRIKER? (not quite as big as the moon you see...)
that was bad.

lol

onoz I'm kos :<

Benjie
03-06-04, 18:42
More rare Ammo + Mods for every gun type. Mods drop as parts and have 3 tecks. Ammo drops of mobs, but is not clonable. The ammo does one type of damamge, but concentrated. This would be the best ammo mod in the game, but not by massive amounts. It would be worth it if you really want another edge in PvP.

bi0
03-06-04, 18:43
if lowtech RC get 2 lowtech weps, then so should PC :mad:
but the rocket pistol, great idea.. id belch over a rocket rifle, that aint happenin

Jest
03-06-04, 18:44
What about more PPU rares?
Rare heal? Rare shelter? Rare deflector?

lol I'm totally kidding please dont hurt me.

Garg [RogueNET]
03-06-04, 18:45
Rare Rare Holy Parashock... -200% runspeed ... in other words makes u run backwards..o_O

MkVenner
03-06-04, 18:52
There are 2 rare low tech pistols, libby and Wyatt...and only 1 rare rifle most of us mere mortals can get :p

Jest
03-06-04, 18:54
There are 2 rare low tech pistols, libby and Wyatt...and only 1 rare rifle most of us mere mortals can get :p Yah as much as I hate adding even more parts into the pool, Id say there needs to be more low tech pistols/rifles. Spitfire/Minilauncher/GatlingRifle.

Dribble Joy
03-06-04, 18:55
The CM epic as a pistol, rifle and cannon would be good.
Then we won't have to increase the rare pool.

MkVenner
03-06-04, 18:58
yeah I'd rather see that...tho a rare street rifle would pwn...a sniper rifle with a high(ish) RoF...

with pistols theres areas to expand on, Auto Pistol, Nail, mini rocket, rifles these only gats and street

Jest
03-06-04, 18:58
The CM epic as a pistol, rifle and cannon would be good.
Then we won't have to increase the rare pool.Hmmm thats true. And let players exchange their cannon for a pistol or rifle whove already done it.

But we still need a Mini Rocket Launcher rare. http://mirror-shades.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_exclaim.gif

plague
03-06-04, 19:50
there should be rare nades hehe, they shouldn't slow u dow and do crazy area dmg, that be kewl at op wars when i c enemy rounding up around ppu for buffs boy i olways wanted to toss a granade in there lol .....

deac
03-06-04, 20:03
What about more PPU rares?
Rare heal? Rare shelter? Rare deflector?

fecking kos for eva ;)

spongeb0b
03-06-04, 20:03
ok it's mellee... so sue me but... RARE JUNK KNIFE suitible for mellee pes... stop their whining... RARE NAIL GUN!!! that would be st00pid but phat ^^... bring the god damn termi in... RARE ARMOUR and my personal fav... RARE NADES (btw they should make nades an mc requirement, as they are a hand thrown projectile)