PDA

View Full Version : [OT] GAH PC help Plz

Ryuben
03-06-04, 02:49
ooooookay

I just got a new motherboard ish.

(like in a house my old mofo is now going to be the server for it)

So i tell me friend to get me a nice Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe as she will be getting my Old MSI K7D Master Dual AMD MP board.

So i get home and she has bought a A7V600-X o_O i think fuck it as long as it works.

So i take it up stairs and plug it in, (she has put the MoBo in my case for meh)
So i install the drivers for it and start up a game...but the monitor flicks out and freezes, so i restart.

10 mins later same thing, so i restart again.

but as soon as i got to windows this time (clicked on user name and desktop loads) it restarts its self wtf!

any one got any ideas i tried safe mode and everything.

Specs

CPU= 2.8 amd barton
MoBo= A7V600-X (asus)
Ram =2 X512 DDR 333
GFX = FX5600 256mb
O/S = XP home SP1
hdd = maxtor 100gig

Cpu temp = 35
MoBo temp = 23

i really have NO idea as to wtf is wrong with it :(

please some one help meh :(

Baelar
03-06-04, 06:51
You might want to try new RAM in it first, else try reinstalling Windows

Nvidia
03-06-04, 07:06
Mmm... you might want to consider the power supply as well. If you just recently added a new piece of hardware (which you just did :p), you should always consider a power supply upgrade. I've heard of similar symptoms, and what it turned out to be a majority of the time was the power supply unable to handle the new hardware. In an attempt to fix itself, windows reboots itself.

Not sure if that helps you any, but that's all I can suggest.

naimex
03-06-04, 07:44
300 w at least.

(a 300 w, can do state of the art motherboard + cpu, and more fans, than you can attach to your computer + lights + 7+ harddrives and a burner)

^^ I know from experience..

Also check for the voltage output on your AGP port, and what your gfx card is running on..

some mobos and some gfx cards have SPECIFIC settings they have to have.. and not all can be changed.

Ryuben
03-06-04, 11:41
its a 550w PSU.....

and everything else was at requiered settings. :confused:

onlythig is she said she didnm't use thermal paste on the cpu o_O would that cause this problem?

Dribble Joy
03-06-04, 11:57
onlythig is she said she didnm't use thermal paste on the cpu o_O would that cause this problem?
No paste of any kind?

ouch....

Original monk
03-06-04, 11:59

no thats no disaster, altough it would be better with the paste, BUT: when the coolerinstalation (the box ya put on youre processor) isnt 200% correctly (straight) attached to youre CPU then youre mobo (nomather what temperature you have) will shut youre computer down because the mobo thinks that the cpu doesnt have any cooling at all ...

the mobo says: hey, my cpu doesnt have any cooling so i gonna shut it down ... altough ya placed it on there ...

i had the same thing, on asus motherboards its called C.O.P or sumthing ... its somekind of overheatingprotection ..

the thing i did was veeery gently removed my coolersystem from the cpu and placed it STRAIGHT on the cpu ... also very gently ffcourse ... (so the cooler had a good contact with the cpu)

then it worked for me ... witouth any coolingpaste btw ..

be carefull tough, as you probably know these things are veery sensitive :)