PDA

View Full Version : NeoNight.

Moscow
03-06-04, 01:25
Background:

I've pinched this idea which a couple of other MMORPGs use, so it's concept might be similar to what you've done in the past. Anyway....simply put, there's a number of recurring issues on the message board that people seem hell bent on getting answers to. How can this be resolved? Simple!

Well....sort of.

Simply put, what would people say to the prospect of a "NeoNight" where a group of players get together to discuss a particular, long-term, issue and vote for around five questions to pitch to Reakktor via E-mail or some such thing. Obviously, I haven't got any official backing on this idea yet, and I doubt answers will be given, but it's something to keep in mind at the very least.

For the first "NeoNight" I was thinking that a minority in Neocron could have their say; the Roleplayers. A simple get together over mIRC to talk about how we'd like Roleplay, story....etc, etc, to expand and evolve within the game.

Other NeoNights could then move on to things such as Player Vs Player combat, Player Vs Enviroment and so forth.

If anyone is interested in this, then say so in the Thread and, if enough people express interest, I'll go about arranging a date, voting process....etc. Please give it a little thought, if nothing else.

Peace.

-Moscow

Jest
03-06-04, 02:06
Sounds good. Go for it.

I like NeoNight too. It kinda sounds like a late night Neocron adult channel.
<hot chick voice>: Welcome, to Neonights, where your every wish is fulfilled...

naimex
03-06-04, 02:17
Sounds good. Go for it.

I like NeoNight too. It kinda sounds like a late night Neocron adult channel.
<hot chick voice>: Welcome, to Neonights, where your every wish is fulfilled...

actually it sounds like a Ricky Lake show, but still..

I read this thread shortly after it was posted.. been thinking about it since..

and well.. we are having these conversations constantly on the forums, so I am pretty sure that KK and the devs are aware of what we want..

but what we want is not neccessarily what they want (even though in most cases it would be).

So sure, go for it, but don´t expect to get everything you want fulfilled just like that.

They got a lot of stuff in progress atm... I´m pretty sure they would want those things over with before they continue on <insert any idea here>

but any input to KK and the Devs I´m sure is appreciated.

Lafiel
03-06-04, 02:19
like a dev chat

Shadow Dancer
03-06-04, 04:33
Welcome, to Neonights, where your every wish is fulfilled...

Ooooooooooookkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Only you Jest...........

:p

manderf
03-06-04, 04:42
hmm like something where we vote in people who we agree are resonable and understand neocron from earlier posts, and have them discuss things and try to improve upon???

bounty
03-06-04, 05:36
Moscow, i like your idea, and your other ideas as well. I don't know where you are came from, but you are slowly becoming one of my favorite "out of the box" posters.

seraphian
03-06-04, 08:52
I'll echo the last post... this is an innovative and (most of all) practical idea.

If you had something like this I'd go, no doubt about it, just let me know far enough in advance so I can get off of work (not kidding about that either I work flexible hours, but 45 hours a week :(, I'd take time off for this :) )

Sundiver
03-06-04, 09:03
Sounds good to me. It would improve and expand the RP, so I'm all for it.

Drake6k
03-06-04, 09:08
I like the idea. I would go.

Garg [RogueNET]
03-06-04, 09:11
Sounds like a good idea, go for it!

darknessfairy
03-06-04, 09:24
If i remember correctly (slap me if im wrong) but i think ]v[ortice made the same suggestion erm....here (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=97153)

Original monk
03-06-04, 12:48
its a very nice idea, but why do i have the feeling that only parashock is getting discussed every week :P

Moscow
03-06-04, 12:54
If i remember correctly (slap me if im wrong) but i think ]v[ortice made the same suggestion erm....here (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=97153)

I think the main problem there is that the meeting would've only been for a few, select, players rather than the entire group as a whole; I don't want to try and come across as elitist with NeoNight. Someone being around for two years doesn't automatically grant them superiority over those people who have "only" been around for one year.

Anyway; thanks for the replies so far guys. I'll get to drawing up a "proper" plan for the whole thing and update the thread accordingly.

Peace.

-Moscow

Moscow
04-06-04, 02:06
Alright, got it all sorted out:

The meeting will be on the same mIRC network as #neocron, so no need to fiddle about with settings or the like just to connect. A temporary room, for the discussion, will be created nearer the time.

The first topic will be about Roleplay in Neocron; how it can be approved, how it can be broadened and so forth. A "general" discussion will take place first, as people get ideas together, then we'll focus on specific issues.

From the issues that arise, certain questions will be thought up and then, after the meeting, posted on this forum for "everyone's" approval and a voting process. The five questions or so that get the most votes will be considered what the community would like answered.

I'll then fire off an E-mail with the questions in, and....wait.

I'm not expecting immediate answers, or satisfactory ones, but this is a good chance for both the playerbase AND Reakktor to show each other that they're mature enough to handle this sort of communication.

As for a date? Well, I was perhaps thinking *this* Sunday at around 6PM GMT, or a Wednesday evening at a similar time. Although I know there are quite a few non-Europeans here, so, obviously, the time will have to be flexible.

Peace.

-Moscow