PDA

View Full Version : New Con Ability: Regeneration

NS_CHROME54
02-06-04, 21:29
Simple enough, putting points into this skill would accelerate the natural rate of healing to the point where it would actually be useful! (in combat)

C&C Plz :)

Dribble Joy
02-06-04, 22:09
I would rather it be a WoC CON skill, and based on hlt and con.

Shadow Dancer
02-06-04, 22:11
This might be a good step to reducing reliance on ppus.

It needs a few tweaks though.

Prodigious
02-06-04, 22:17
dribble got the right idea, but aint WoC main attribute(s) meaning only tanks and possibly (uh oh here come the flames) PE's getting the skill?

-=Daz=-
02-06-04, 22:18
nice idea tho i think u wud need to put alot of points into it for it to be effective or u wud end up wiv rediculously quick regen's :)

Houston
02-06-04, 22:19
dribble got the right idea, but aint WoC main attribute(s) meaning only tanks and possibly (uh oh here come the flames) PE's getting the skill?
WoC wtf ????? :confused: :confused:

Q`alooaith
02-06-04, 22:19
Maybe make regen dependate on endurance..

Dribble Joy
02-06-04, 22:20
I hope (:rolleyes:) that all classes will get at least one WoC skill in each main stat.
Obviously tanks will have better/more str and con WoC skills, and the same for the other classes and thier main main-stats.

WoC wtf ????? :confused: :confused:

WAKE UP. (http://www.neocron.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=NeoContent&file=index&pageID=190)

Q`alooaith
02-06-04, 22:22
I just hope that WoC are skills, not skill..

IE, you have a set of con WoC skill's of which you can only get one, rather than a con WoC skill.

Shadow Dancer
02-06-04, 22:24
I just hope that WoC are skills, not skill..

IE, you have a set of con WoC skill's of which you can only get one, rather than a con WoC skill.

Eeek. I don't know. Sounds like LOTS of balancing work, if each class has to choose from 4-5 different woc skills.

retr0n
02-06-04, 22:27
3 Release

"Neocron: Beyond Dome of York" will be released in three languages (english, german and french) during the second Quarter 2004. Additional details about price and availability will be announced during the next months. Preorders will be available exclusively on Neocron.com starting March 15 2004.

I love that one ^^

Like the idea of regen aswell...

Dribble Joy
02-06-04, 22:28
I would prefer that there are several WoC skills/levels.

You gain enough xp for WoClvl1 and do the run/training/whatever, then you get more xp and reach WoClvl2.
Say about 5 lvls in WoC.
One WoC skill for minor main-stats, eg. PEs and psi, spies/monks and str, tanks and int.

PEs might only get 4 WoC skill in dex, 3 in con/int/str.

Or something.

Heavyporker
02-06-04, 23:10
rapid intrinistic regeneration is kinda dangerous when you think of the healing power of a PPU..

combine regeneration and a PPU, you're talking about effective immortality.

StryfeX
02-06-04, 23:49
rapid intrinistic regeneration is kinda dangerous when you think of the healing power of a PPU..

combine regeneration and a PPU, you're talking about effective immortality.Yes, this could be dangerous. How about making it so the regen only works when kneeling/sitting down, and you have to have been still for 15 seconds.

Add that on to requiring a high point investment to get a decent regen rate and I think it would balance itself. Plus have the regen rate cap at like 15 HP/tick (or whatever shows itself to be reasonable.)

--Stryfe

Dont Mess
02-06-04, 23:51
not really i mean holy heal already regenirates full health but i guess 2 make it effective u should make it so u need ALOT of it 2 work itherwise classes like apus would just be stupidly overpowered by regenerating health really fast

jiga
03-06-04, 00:57
Well since u would obviously need to sacrifice resists and/or health to use the skill then i don't see why it wouldnt be balanced

Shadow Dancer
03-06-04, 01:00
Ok how about making it an ability you "activate", and it blocks heal?

Lanigav
03-06-04, 01:24
I dig it, but it should be something that only activates when you're crouching and you have no weapon drawn. I also think the fact that it would take away points from resists would balance it out as well.

Basically it'd be the perfect skill to have when you're leveling, but pretty much useless for PvP.

plague
03-06-04, 01:32
heh, i don't think it would make apu's overpowered in anyway since this skill should be under con and monks got sht con, tanks on the other hand can sacrifice some of the resists and with tl 3 heal on top that wouls make it overpowered :eek: w00t

naimex
03-06-04, 01:34
well, it wouldnīt overpower anything, since whatever points goes in there, comes from resists, speed and health.

and heal would still own natural healing.

so sure..

but I would like a more explained version..

(know its impossible to do just like that, but some numbers you think would be fair, regarding the increase in natural regeneration)

from the other thread

Shadow Dancer
03-06-04, 01:34
I would prefer it to have some use in PVP, so that the reliance on ppus can be toned down.

manderf
03-06-04, 04:47
ya but it would be combined with ppus to make something way too uber

yavimaya
03-06-04, 05:05
Maybe make regen dependate on endurance..

Thats an idea i was going to post a couple of weeks ago actually :P
Regen would be cool, even if it wasnt a new skill, but yes basically endurance and body health, the higher both of these are the more you should regen.
Endurance then wouldnt be just a point sink. Making it a much broader skill, rather than just "running endurance" it should be your char's total endurance; ability to take hits, ability to recover after hits, stamina, etc.

naimex
03-06-04, 05:10

yes, but then again, what isnīt ?

manderf
03-06-04, 05:13
but it would make them even more uber. and that just cannot be

Shadow Dancer
03-06-04, 06:05

That's why I said it should block heal.

:p

manderf
03-06-04, 06:06
lol didnt read that!!! good idea though

Lanigav
03-06-04, 07:06
Yeah, they could make it so points into regeneration directly affect the effectiveness of heals. High regen = holy heal does jack and shit.

cRazy2003
03-06-04, 09:37
I would rather it be a WoC CON skill, and based on hlt and con.

dj stop being a WoC fanboi =P

Heavyporker
03-06-04, 10:59
wait a minute.. actually, that's a good idea...

I mean, at the moment, endurance only adds a bit to stamina and stamina burn... having it affect the NORMAL rate of healing (you know, you already regenerate health, but its like 1 point each 30 seconds or something...) Making endurance affect that would be AWESOME.. like up to 30 health each 30 seconds (or 1 health each second) for 50 points in endurance...

it wouldn't unbalance since in PvP you're essentially shredding people way faster than 1 point each second... but in hunting/leveling, it'd be a Crahnsend...

Could still have a WoC regeneration skill that accelerates mana, health, and stamina ALL at the same time... kinda like a "higher regeneration"

Q`alooaith
03-06-04, 11:23
wait a minute.. actually, that's a good idea...

I seam to be full of them at the minute... well I'm told I'm full of somthing often enough..
:p

I'd make it cap out at 100 endurance increasing regeneration to 4 HP per second, and so on, meaning that over 15 second's your regenerate 60 HP, that's nothing compaired to a capped heal or blessed heal, but good enough for mobbing without a PPU or so...

Maybe make regeneration bassed on current stanima, so if your running around you'll be draining your stanima and so will regenerate slower, when you've got high stanima your'll regenerate faster.. Since sta is bassed off end and con it'd be pretty easy to ballence out and bassing it off current sta mean's it'd be next to usless when running around fighting..

Heavyporker
03-06-04, 11:26
ooooh, sexy - draining stamina makes your heal rate slower.... yup, yup.

most excellent.

Q`alooaith
03-06-04, 11:36
I'd make the WoC skill's many diffrent for diffrent skill's..

IE, you have a con WoC skill's, which you can only ever get one..

WoC implant, give's a specail implant slot for WoC implants..

Drug resistant, removes drugflash effect from drugs.

and so on, thing's that give a boost but are not instantly combat related, but an aid if used correctly..

Clownst0pper
03-06-04, 12:29
Make it so when you sit in a bar/restaurant, and eat/drink there food, your SI and health regain quicker.

In the field, just make medikits better, but when in use they slow you down.

ou7blaze
03-06-04, 23:37
Very good idea but sadly it would not be suitable in a game like neocron with people having PPU's right up their ass it would just make certain classes invincible...

Lareolan
04-06-04, 04:07
I dig it, but it should be something that only activates when you're crouching and you have no weapon drawn. I also think the fact that it would take away points from resists would balance it out as well.

Basically it'd be the perfect skill to have when you're leveling, but pretty much useless for PvP.

If you do that, it won't just be useless for PvP, it will be a MAJOR disadvantage in PvP because you can't use the skill in PvP and yet you are lacking the other PvP skills critical for con (health, resists, athletics)...

There has to be another way to balance out this skill... It would certainly be a LOT of help to a solo APU.. (Yes, not ALL APUs happen to have a PPU superglued to them at all times).

And I like how such a skill would reduce reliance on PPUs. (PPUs are far too critical. It's ridiculous!)