PDA

View Full Version : Help Pls

Houston
02-06-04, 17:44
OK i open nc no problems no errors etc. then it is stuck at the viarosa background the window were u type in your login name & password never shows up...then i ctrl alt delete and it always says task is not responding...Ive re installed about 20 times checked files about 15 times nothing wrong deleted all the directory.i thought i had a viruz but this is hapenign to other people to so i guess not..pls do not flame kk in this thread it will only get closed..

Zaq
02-06-04, 18:27
switch off your firewall temporarily if you have one. If that solves the problem, you need to configure your firewall to allow NC to have access to the net.

Houston
02-06-04, 18:47
Yea but NC has worked for 3 months now this shit wtf...... :confused: :mad:

QuantumDelta
02-06-04, 20:05
Guy who hates the forum asking for help on the forum... :P

First basic point of call is all the maintenance programs windows comes with, defrag, scandisk, admittedly, they don't often fix the problem in my experience, but they don't hurt to try it.

--
Drivers (don't care if you haven't installed new ones recently, they might have gone corrupt, go look and find some for your card, or post what card you have here).

Check the firewall thing, it's a biggie in NC, even if it was previously working, there are various reasons why it might not be working now, when it was previously.
Remember, your system may not change regularly, but Neocron does (err...ok ok semi-regularly), if your firewall is the type to detect the program has changed and complain about it, it might have noticed the change, but not to the point where it'll message you to ask new permissions.

It will need new permissions.

Try that stuff, then come back...
That's the obvious stuff anyway.

msdong
02-06-04, 20:17
dont forget to delete the old NC dir before new install. and best try to D/L the patches again(ftp).

Drake6k
02-06-04, 21:00
I get the same thing about 1 in every 4 times I try and login. It works again if I restart or turn my computer off. Sometimes it takes more than once... It really sucks cause I host ventrilo.

Houston
02-06-04, 21:02
Uhhh who says i hate teh forums and yea i ahve deleted the dir everytime i ahve reinstalled and yes jack i have restarted and just shut down my pc then manualy restarted none of this stuff works...

SyncError
02-06-04, 21:05
OK i open nc no problems no errors etc. then it is stuck at the viarosa background the window were u type in your login name & password never shows up...then i ctrl alt delete and it always says task is not responding...Ive re installed about 20 times checked files about 15 times nothing wrong deleted all the directory.i thought i had a viruz but this is hapenign to other people to so i guess not..pls do not flame kk in this thread it will only get closed..

I used to have that happen like 80% of the time while starting up, and I could only "fix neocron" by rebooting my computer. That is, until the day I figured out what was interfering:

After it would lock up at the login screen I would have to *smirk* ALT-TAB to the desktop, run task manager, and look at the Processes window and END PROCESS on all instances of Outlook.exe. I didn't have to have Outlook running in the foreground and there would still be instances of Outlook.exe listed... As soon as these were shut down, Neocron would instantly jump back to life and you could log in.

I'd try this first... if its not Outlook then perhaps its another app causing a similiar interference. But this was a problem that reinstalling Neocron could never fix cause the other app would cause the problem to reoccur.

Best of luck to you Houston, I hope this can help in some way.

Houston
02-06-04, 21:12
I used to have that happen like 80% of the time while starting up, and I could only "fix neocron" by rebooting my computer. That is, until the day I figured out what was interfering:

After it would lock up at the login screen I would have to *smirk* ALT-TAB to the desktop, run task manager, and look at the Processes window and END PROCESS on all instances of Outlook.exe. I didn't have to have Outlook running in the foreground and there would still be instances of Outlook.exe listed... As soon as these were shut down, Neocron would instantly jump back to life and you could log in.

I'd try this first... if its not Outlook then perhaps its another app causing a similiar interference. But this was a problem that reinstalling Neocron could never fix cause the other app would cause the problem to reoccur.

Best of luck to you Houston, I hope this can help in some way.
Hey Donnie i open Task Manager and found no OUTLOOK.EXE :(

J. Folsom
02-06-04, 21:16
Try closing down as many of Window's processes as you can, if I remember correctly, this bug is caused by Neocron not getting the memory it needs, which means it waits until it's freed up thus causing you to get stuck at the loading screen.

QuantumDelta
02-06-04, 22:25
Uhhh who says i hate teh forums and yea i ahve deleted the dir everytime i ahve reinstalled and yes jack i have restarted and just shut down my pc then manualy restarted none of this stuff works...
I was so convinced you were someone else I actually searched all your posts to find a topic of someone asking for the forums to be closed down because they're not constructive.

I swear to god he was using your name :p

Oh well.
Sorry.

Houston
02-06-04, 22:32
Ummm im scared now and no i do not hate teh forums lol....no worrys btw.

Candaman
02-06-04, 22:36
i had this prob and by closing down processes in the background i fixed it and then stopped that process running in msconfig can't remember exact name check for wuamgrd.exe if not close other ones

SmackDaddy
07-06-04, 21:32
I had a similar problem - after I installed the recent patches my start up would hang at the login screen. After a bit I found it was my firewall - it had noticed that the client I had given access to had changed since I gave it access (because of the patch installs) and wanted me to reauthorize. And Neocron client was not allowing the firewall popup to pop up - I had to alt-tab or ctrl-esc (I forget which) to see the firewall popup.