PDA

View Full Version : Low Tech MC Tankey sensible?

s0apy
02-06-04, 17:30
here's the thing. i kinda have this hatred for all things TC, and my characters tend to follow suit. since the new MC changes, i've decided to do away with the TC on my MC tank, since i realised i was only using it for the shocker. and i hate shockers. i used one with my MC tank occasionally, since it was often the only way to take people down. maybe i'm just not that good, but i digress.

here's my thinking, i lom out all TC, natch, then stick that into AGL. i want to have about 180 AGL/ATL so i only need 26 ATL, the rest in resists etc. effectively, i balance out my loss of TC with an increase in resists. but here's the problem:

1) everyone and his brother is using shockers again. and shockers against an MC is a very good way of fooking him entirely. does the loss of shock really make up for those extra CON points gained?

2) what really is the cap on runspeed in terms of AGL+ATL? is 180 too much? i know for a fact that going above that really does make a difference with rifle or cannon out, but probably not with melee.

finally - who thinks i'm crazy? this is an RP thing, but also a personal thing. i just prefer to use low-tech weaponry.

Jest
02-06-04, 17:33
Just play without the shocker for a few days. If you like it even with those points wasted, then you are sure to like it with those points freed up into run speed.

Underground
02-06-04, 17:38
I went lowtech on my MC tank, I had 168 agil, and well, I found I personally felt running slow when I had 60 ath O_o so went upto 80 ath, back to runspeed cap, got pissed at tossers shocking me so went back to TC melee and started using shockers on the gits that used it on me :p

With the ath you mentioned you will feel like your running fairly slow imo...

s0apy
02-06-04, 17:49
i have actually been playing without the shocker for a while, and yes - i much prefer not to use it.

I went lowtech on my MC tank, I had 168 agil, and well, I found I personally felt running slow when I had 60 ath O_o so went upto 80 ath, back to runspeed cap, got pissed at tossers shocking me so went back to TC melee and started using shockers on the gits that used it on me :p

With the ath you mentioned you will feel like your running fairly slow imo...

funny - i've tried this setup now, and i find no slow-down, nor any noticable increase in speed when taking drugs (even a lot of drugs) to increase ATL/AGL.

just to make things a bit more transparant, here is my setup for the curious:

marine, ppr, bez3, moveon.
melee eye
FH2
experimental reflexbooster 3
all antigamma bones 'cept BQ chest

inq helm4
PA m256
medium energyfield belt
inq trousers 4
heavy dur booties

INT - all in PSI-use
DEX - all in AGL (155)
STR - all in MC combat, 'cept 90 FOR
CON - 30ATH, 117HLT, 35END, 82FIR, 91ENR, 114XRR, 40POR

armour values are:
FRC and PRC 200+
Fire 162
Energy 173
Xray 164

i have a poison resist potion in QB for close encounters ;)
only boost is the BR1, i have my PSI setup for max damage on the TL3 heal.

Dribble Joy
02-06-04, 17:56
There's one thing that annoys me about the new melee.
The low tech stuff.

Atm there is no reason to use the DG over the PoB, the TC req and the PoB poison dmg renders the DG ineffective.

The whole point of low tech is that they do less dmg and have a lower tl, if you want more dmg, then you are going to have to make sacrifices (eg tl and TC), just like with the tl100+ rifles, pistols and heavy guns.

Imagine if there was a tl110 lowtech rifle or pistol, would ANYONE use the high techs?

Bust the PoB back down to str 100 and lower the dmg (overall, not specifically the posion).
DG should stay where it is.