PDA

View Full Version : [Release] RPLE v6.13.199 is out!

StryfeX
02-06-04, 08:40
The new RPLE is out! Get v6.13.199 here (http://home.comcast.net/~cydog2001/stuff/rplev613199.zip)!

New in this version:

Quite a few areas in the sheet can be hidden. Look for the triangles! (Areas hidden will also be hidden on the HTML export, but not printing.) THIS NEEDS TESTING! Please respond with your version of MS Office and whether or not expanding/hiding works for you! I'm mainly looking for results from Office 97 and 2000 users.
Updated the sheet to comply with patch 199:

Added the 3 new DoY eye implants.
Added "Peacemaker" and "The Dentist".
Updated the melee rares.
Added the Ultima Mods and the Slot Enhancers to the Rare Drops page. Enter all your information here. Old values for these items will not import.

Almost completely rewrote the sheet's Export to File and Import from File subroutines. Exporting runs much much faster now. Importing is still slow when using dat files generated by previous versions of the RPLE, but it should be much quicker now for dat files generated with this and newer versions of the RPLE.
All Export-type subroutines will now ask if you're sure when attempting to save over a file that already exists.
General tweaks of the code. Quite a few bits of code will run faster now.
Certain cells were locked. They are now fixed.
Added "Trade Priority" and "Willing to Trade" columns. The "Trade Priority" column has five possible choices: "None" (default), "Low", "Medium", "High", and "Very High". "Low", "Medium"/"High", and "Very High" all have their own highlight colors associated with them. The "Willing to Trade" column has two possible choices: "Yes" (default) and "No". Each have their own highlight colors. All colors can be changed via the Color Changer
As usual, let me know if any problems arise or bugs are found. And with that, I'm off to bed. I stayed up WAY too late to finish this. Hope you guys are happy. :p

--Stryfe

Maester Seymour
02-06-04, 08:44
w00t, looks to be some good changes there ;)

Will test it out once ive had some sleep.

naimex
02-06-04, 08:45
Office XP.

Triangles Macros demand lower security settings, or digital signature to work.

Maester Seymour
02-06-04, 10:28
Using Office XP,

In the "Ready" column when i'm able to build multiple amounts of the same item, rather than saying "20" it will only say i can build "1" :wtf:

Haven't encountered any other probs yet :)

StryfeX
02-06-04, 14:25
Using Office XP,

In the "Ready" column when i'm able to build multiple amounts of the same item, rather than saying "20" it will only say i can build "1" :wtf:

Haven't encountered any other probs yet :)D'oh. Looks like I fucked up the function that controls the "Ready" value. Give me a few minutes and I'll have a new one up.

@naimex, you need to have your security set to medium and choose to enable macros for the sheet in order for ANY of the fancy things like import/export/etc. to work.

--Stryfe

Mumblyfish
02-06-04, 14:39
Working like a charm for me. Brilliant tool, totally indispensable. Well done!

garyu69
02-06-04, 14:47
what is this? I'm intrigued.

StryfeX
02-06-04, 14:48
The RPLE v6.14.199 (http://home.comcast.net/~cydog2001/stuff/rplev614199.zip) is out. This version fixes a bug in the function that controls the "Ready" column.

--Stryfe

StryfeX
02-06-04, 15:00
what is this? I'm intrigued.The RPLE is a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet that helps you keep track of all your Tech Parts and Rare Drops. The original spreadsheet was done by Smoker then modified later by Yenky, but I have completely redone it. You can Export your list to HTML if you want to post it somewhere, and you can also export old list data into new versions with the included export/import functions. If you have Excel, it's worth a try if nothing else.

--Stryfe

Err... double-post. Soz.

Mumblyfish
02-06-04, 18:03
Thanks to RPLE I realised I had an Implant Machina ready to construct.

Woo :p

Mumblyfish
02-06-04, 18:08
Running Office 2000. Can't un-hide Slot Enhancers or Ultima Parts. Hell, can't use the hide/unhide function on ANY of the techpart sections. It returns a...

Runtime error '1004':

Unable to set the RowHeight property of the range class.

If this function can't work in 2000, could you please make all the sections OPEN by default? Thank you.

plague
02-06-04, 18:10
it's out w00t, ty stryfeX i was waiting for this, keep up the good work:D

darknessfairy
02-06-04, 18:26
ok haven't tried 6.14, i only have 6.13 i think, but when i printed out a blank rare parts list, it came out like the old one, none of the new weapons, tl changes etc....

edit: in 6.14, the expander things still don't work....just checking the print out again......nope doesn't work either....please fix it :p

StryfeX
02-06-04, 20:13
ok haven't tried 6.14, i only have 6.13 i think, but when i printed out a blank rare parts list, it came out like the old one, none of the new weapons, tl changes etc....

edit: in 6.14, the expander things still don't work....just checking the print out again......nope doesn't work either....please fix it :pOh sonuva monkey. I completely forgot about the printouts. :o ARG! Darkness, what version of Office are you using?

--Stryfe

Capt. Rik
02-06-04, 20:47
Spelling mistake on the Rare Drops page.

Heavy Ultime should be Heavy Ultima :)

darknessfairy
02-06-04, 20:48
Oh sonuva monkey. I completely forgot about the printouts. :o ARG! Darkness, what version of Office are you using?

--Stryfe

StryfeX
02-06-04, 21:27
Spelling mistake on the Rare Drops page.

Heavy Ultime should be Heavy Ultima :)I blame my fat fingers.

I wish. *Sigh*

Bad spelling: 146396547
Me: 1

:p

@darknessfairy: I think Office 2000 might not have the required worksheet protection permissions. If you wish to use this feature, go to "Tools" >> "Protection" >> "Unprotect Sheet...". The password is blank. Just be careful because you will be able to edit/delete/modify cells that probably shouldn't be edited. I'll have to reinstall Office 2000 on one of my PCs and see if I can't figure out a workaround.

--Stryfe

StryfeX
03-06-04, 01:17
Ok then, v6.15.199 is out. Get it here (http://home.comcast.net/~cydog2001/stuff/rplev615199).

Fixes in this version:

All rows and columns are expanded by default now.
Fixed the spelling of "Ultime" in the Rare Drops and the Rare Drops HTML Export pages.
Remembered to update the printouts with patch 199 stuff.
--Stryfe

darknessfairy
03-06-04, 09:14
lol dude...i would have sexed you if you had fixed everything, but erm....the link is broken so i can't even see whether it works or not.

Maester Seymour
03-06-04, 09:37
lol dude...i would have sexed you if you had fixed everything, but erm....the link is broken so i can't even see whether it works or not.
This link from his sig seems to work fine ;) (http://home.comcast.net/~cydog2001/stuff/rplev615199.zip)

spongeb0b
03-06-04, 16:26
get this when i click on the lil black arrows... I spose they are for minimising /maximising the sections?

StryfeX
03-06-04, 16:44
lol dude...i would have sexed you if you had fixed everything, but erm....the link is broken so i can't even see whether it works or not.Err....damn it all. :p Who would have imagined that forgetting a little thing like ".zip" on the end of a link would cause so many problems. :lol: Anyway, Maester Seymour is right, the link in my sig is working fine so you can get it there. Just click on the version number.

@spongeb0b: Yes, the little triangles are for expanding/hiding sections of the sheet. Unfortunately, it only seems to work in Office XP and 2003 for now.

--Stryfe

P.S. - I think I'm going to tweak how the Trade Priority colors work, so look for a new version soon.

Maarten
03-06-04, 20:37
Hey, StryfeX. Sorry I haven't been able to test it sooner but this is my first chance I got. I used 6.12.197 before this one and downloaded 6.15.199. I exported the data to a .dat file in 6.12 and imported in 6.15. But it only imported the colors, not the part numbers.
I checked the exported dat file and it looked ok. Maybe it's the TL changes in the melee rares?

Oh, and a tip. When you hide something, the section still occupies 3 lines. Could you make that 2 by moving the (Hidden) line next to the section name?

So instead of:

Slot Enhancers: <|
(Hidden)
you get:

Slot Enhancers: (Hidden) <|

Small tip, not that much of a deal, but it helps...

And I found a bug:
In the Rare Drops sheet, the Priority column colors are not working properly.

Nuski
03-06-04, 21:16
Great job once again and thanx for doing all this so speedily. Just noticed the Paw Of Tiger techs again arent being recognised in the totals at the bottom which is hard when your manualy transferring the data. Import/export isnt working for me and im using office xp :/

Keep up the great work

StryfeX
04-06-04, 01:39
v6.16.199 is out. Get it here (http://home.comcast.net/~cydog2001/stuff/rplev616199.zip). (I remembered the ".zip" this time! Woohoo! :p)

Fixed importing from older versions of the RPLE.
Fixed Paw of Tiger Techs not being added in the total Tech Parts.
Fixed Rare Drops Sheet "Priority" colors.
Adjusted the "Priority" column coloring. "None" and "Low" are now green (0,192,0) by default, "Medium" is now yellow (255,255,0) by default, "High" is now orange (255,160,0) by default, and "Very High" is red (255,0,0) by default. I ended up shifting some colors a bit, so they might look a little odd after you import the old data. The "Priority" column got an extra color slot (H2), so now A3 and B3 on the color chart are the "Willing to Trade" colors.
Adjusted the printouts so they will now print correctly.
Maarten, I'm not going to be able to make the hidden items only take up 2 lines due to spacing. The way it's done now is the most logical method code-wise.

--Stryfe

StryfeX
04-06-04, 05:12
Maarten, I'm not going to be able to make the hidden items only take up 2 lines due to spacing.Actually, I think I just figured out a way to do that without causing myself undue strain. :lol: Let me test it out...

--Stryfe

StryfeX
04-06-04, 07:57
Ok Maarten. Just for you, I've gone through and made everything hide to two rows instead of three. :p

Changes in v6.17.199 (http://home.comcast.net/~cydog2001/stuff/rplev617199.zip):

Rows hide a little nicer. (Office 2000 and older are still broken unless you remove protection from the sheet. Password is blank.)
Fixed Priority and Willing to Trade column colors in the HTML Export parts of the sheet.
Adjusted the import routine to compensate for some changes in the sheet.
Changed "Slotenhancers" to "Slot Enhancers" in the Tech Parts parts of the sheet.
Ok, that's everything in this version. Off to bed now. Mmm...sleep.

--Stryfe

Maarten
04-06-04, 10:43
sex :)

I'll test it when I get home... :)

Nuski
04-06-04, 17:57
Excellant work Stryfe your bug fixes are done soooo quickly! Maybe kk should hire you lol (/me looks at broken spy armor again) seriously great work m8 keep it up. :)

StryfeX
04-06-04, 18:18
Excellant work Stryfe your bug fixes are done soooo quickly! Maybe kk should hire you lol (/me looks at broken spy armor again) seriously great work m8 keep it up. :)Thanks for the comment. :) As much as I would like to make myself look really good, I must give all due respect to KK in that my parts list is NOTHING compared to the complexity of NC. (I'll still accept compliments though. ;))

--Stryfe

Maarten
04-06-04, 21:14
Very nice you added the ability to hide columns, but it kinda fucked up the cells when I unhided them... Check this link (http://neocron.eaglered.net/raresfu.htm) to see what I mean.

I exported all data, redownloaded your sheet, imported all data again and it's cool now...

Oh, and something else, the bottom of some sections is missing, check the link in my sig about that.

StryfeX
04-06-04, 21:22
Very nice you added the ability to hide columns, but it kinda fucked up the cells when I unhided them... Check this link (http://neocron.eaglered.net/raresfu.htm) to see what I mean.

I exported all data, redownloaded your sheet, imported all data again and it's cool now...:lol: Shit. *Sigh* Expect a fix later today.

--Stryfe

StryfeX
04-06-04, 22:02
Ok, new version (v6.18.199) is out. Get it here (http://home.comcast.net/~cydog2001/stuff/rplev618199.zip).

Fixed the column spacing when unhiding them.
--Stryfe

Maarten
04-06-04, 23:49
Cheers... :)

The other bug was also fixed.

StryfeX
05-06-04, 00:15
Cheers... :)

The other bug was also fixed.Yeah, that bug is a wierd one. I've never been able to really determine the cause of it, but I do know how to fix it if it pops up, thankfully.

--Stryfe

WarBoy
06-06-04, 00:35
Nice work

StryfeX
06-06-04, 05:26
Nice workThank you. :)

New version (v6.19.199) is out. Get it here (http://home.comcast.net/~cydog2001/stuff/rplev619199.zip)!

Changes:

Added Hightech and Artifact Unidentified Parts to the inidentified parts area.
Added Additional Frame, Additional Core and Additional Component columns and adjusted any needed coding to compensate. These 3 new columns are hidden be default as nothing uses them yet. To unhide them, click on the left triangle in the "Ready" column header.
Swapped the Frame and Core columns and adjusted any needed coding to compensate.
Fixed the scrolling. Now the headers should stay at the top again.
Enjoy.

--Stryfe