PDA

View Full Version : Perhaps a bit inbalanced?

PenguinNick
02-06-04, 07:24
Someone said that the Twilight Guardian guards are extremeley inferrior to City Merc and Tech Haven gurads / sentry turrets, which is why we are raided so much more. So I took my PPU FA to go to all 3 places, and made a 0 / 2 noob with all into body health no resists other than buff from haz. Now fully buffed s / d, haz, etc he died within a few seconds from the TH Sentry Guns, and rightfully so.

So I do the same in MB. I started punching the guards on the 0 / 2, and they attacked him, once again fully buffed and with a holy heal on him as before, and they took him down. Took a bit longer than the TH ones but still ample enough to rid of raiders.

So I go to TG, repeat the process....

5 minutes later im still alive....

5 more minutes....

after about 15 minutes I said screw it lemme go to the gr, I got 2 guards on me, and it took them 5 minutes to kill me...

I'd say that's a bit unbalanced.

Please either reduce the power on the other guards / turrets, or make ours stronger.

Also as far as tech haven goes, I think it is a little unfair that their guards / turrets whatever u may call them are place in almost every corner, cannot be moved (so no luring) are right by the GR, and are the most powerful.

Just a thought, please post and or vote ur opinions

PenguinNick
02-06-04, 07:31
Please dont just vote, also post

40$Poser
02-06-04, 07:32
I voted no ^^

PenguinNick
02-06-04, 07:34
hehe maybe a GM will add neither to the options I forgot to ^_^

VetteroX
02-06-04, 07:36
We dont need carebear posts like these. Think for a second. If TG guards are made stronger, and cant be raided (and let me tell you, TH is so hard to raid its not worth the effort needed, and its vertually impossible, and MB can only really effectily be raided from the outside... sure you can do a quick run in to get mercs attention but for heavy fighting you must move away from guards.) there will be nothing to do in this game.... what will people who like pvp do all day if we cant raid out posts? Belive it or not, some TG actually LIKE when BD raids, because its a fun fight. Why do you want guards at all anyway? why cant you beat black dragon by yourself, without guards helping you?

I say remove all guards EVERYWHERE. Its up to players to defend. And if we have to have guards, they should be no higher then 70/70. Guards if we must have them, should provide LIGHT assistance to players, not do the job for them.

PenguinNick
02-06-04, 07:38
We dont need carebear posts like these. Think for a second. If TG guards are made stronger, and cant be raided (and let me tell you, TH is so hard to raid its not worth the effort needed, and its vertually impossible, and MB can only really effectily be raided from the outside... sure you can do a quick run in to get mercs attention but for heavy fighting you must move away from guards.) there will be nothing to do in this game.... what will people who like pvp do all day if we cant raid out posts? Belive it or not, some TG actually LIKE when BD raids, because its a fun fight. Why do you want guards at all anyway? why cant you beat black dragon by yourself, without guards helping you?

I say remove all guards EVERYWHERE. Its up to players to defend. And if we have to have guards, they should be no higher then 70/70. Guards if we must have them, should provide LIGHT assistance to players, not do the job for them.

This is no where near a carebear post, I voted that the guards be nerfed so that players fend for their own and aren't protected in their little rooms, I was just simply stating that there is an extreme imbalance

Heavyporker
02-06-04, 07:42
The thing is with the TG guards possessing fusion RIFLES - a *long range, low RoF* weapon... not exactly something for close-up work against fast-moving mobs.

VetteroX
02-06-04, 07:42
just seems to me in your post you are more for having TG guards more powerful. If you for weaker guards, good. People who want stronger guards are pussies... theres no polite way around it... I mean even a mature, civil poster would have to use the word... What else do you call someone who wants to cower behind a guard, shivering and pissing his pants with fear, rather then fighting face to face without guards helping?

PenguinNick
02-06-04, 07:43
just seems to me in your post you are more for having TG guards more powerful. If you for weaker guards, good. People who want stronger guards are pussies... theres no polite way around it... I mean even a mature, civil poster would have to use the word... What else do you call someone who wants to cower behind a guard, shivering and pissing his pants with fear, rather then fighting face to face without guards helping?

Yes, I just am trying to get the point across that it needs to be balanced to where we're not the only ones able to be raided, cause as you said it is MUCH fun to fight, but it gets boring when you can't bring the fight to others.

RayBob
02-06-04, 09:22
You are absolutely right...the TG guards are definitely weaker than the CM guards and TH turrets. However, this fact allows TG canyon to be raided which—from my point-of-view—adds more fun to the game.

I think the CM guards and TH turrets need to be nerfed so that all 3 areas can be raided. After all, it is a PvP game.

seraphian
02-06-04, 09:27
OK, this is not meant to start a flame war, so please don't take it as an insult or an attack on anyone...

TH is well defended yes, but there is an in-game reason for it to be so... the it is an UNDERGROUND MOUNTIAN BASE designed by the best scientists in the world for god's sakes. Honestly I think TGs entrance should be a bit more guarded, maybe some turrets or a tank or something, but it makes sense that a bunch of ragtag terrorists would not be able to put together the kind of defense that say, the entire city of Neocron, or TH could.

My solution to the entire problem would be to make base defenses player-controlled, with the help of the FC. The factions would get to place their own turrets using a limited set of technology (IE only NC factions could use COPbots, and only TG gets fusion.)

add a few new goodies too. Maybe ID checkers at certain gates in NC (they check your SL or faction and can be controlled, but you can't set them in entrances or exits... to prevent a faction from like sealing off Medicare in P1), Special Turrets and maybe like a laser fence that can be turned on remotely for FA, booby traps and give the mercs rockets...

But don't take away effective guards... they make areas unplayable due to GR camping, they give newbs a hell of a time levelling and above all it isn't realistic

And keep the LE debate out of this, because in order to function and level in many ways in Neocron you need your LE out so you can play with a PPU...

40$Poser
02-06-04, 09:29
as vet said, the rifles the guards use are programmed so they do more damage the farther away the target is, thus why if someone is right on top of the guard it won't hurt so bad and thus give off the idea the guards are 'weak'

Heavyporker
02-06-04, 09:30
man... an for-real laser fence like in TH command circle would SOOOOooOOo rock!

Moscow
02-06-04, 11:20

So what do you call people who want little to no retaliation when "raiding" levelling areas?

If people are unable fight back due to their rank, then it's bloody obvious they'll use the Faction guards to their advantage; just like how "raiders" use their high combat ranks and equipment to get an advantage over the people they're "raiding".

Expecting players to guard areas of the game world, without NPC support, is just absurd; no game, and I really do mean no game, has the population or incentive to support such a thing.

Peace.

-Moscow

bi0
02-06-04, 11:34
i vote neither, leave them

ezza
02-06-04, 12:11
i vote either remove them or reduce them a lot.

raiding is fun, fighting the raiders is also fun.

Clownst0pper
02-06-04, 12:43
The TG gaurds are stupidly hard, The city merc gaurds are a fucking joke, you can dance and sex them up all day long and they will just look at you, if they do ever hit you, OW THE 2 DAMAGE!

As for TG gaurds also, not only do they hit rediculously hard, but why the fuck should TG have gaurds outside of there HQ, and for that many, 3 or 4 sectors away, in random locations.

Just fucking up CM gaurd damage (which is nothing compared to TH and TG gaurds) and remove all the TG gaurds which arent inside there faction "HQ"

OH and that poll is wank.

The TG gaurds are the ones which need nerfing, the TH "turrets" are perfect, and the CM gaurds are Shite.

Sort your poll and I might vote.

n3m
02-06-04, 12:46
i vote either remove them or reduce them a lot.

raiding is fun, fighting the raiders is also fun.exactly

slaughteruall
02-06-04, 13:22
the TH "turrets" are perfect

What are you smoking and can i have some. You must be FA or a FA freindly faction. The TH turrets are way over powered.

I say nerf them all.

Slaughter

Aziraphale
02-06-04, 13:31
Nerf 'em all I say.

I don't agree that TG guards are underpowered though, they always used to kill me in 1/2 shots, though I havent ventured near any for a long time.

Benjie
02-06-04, 14:41
Boost CM guards most of all. Not in Strength but agitation.

For the reccord, I'm Black Dragon. It's just too damn easy to kill CM there. (It's fun too! :) )

Mumblyfish
02-06-04, 14:44
Boost all the guards to TH Turret level, and remove TG guards from anywhere outside their HQ. Faction Headquarters should be armed to the teeth against hostiles, and should always be a safe place to go.

ezza
02-06-04, 14:46
Boost CM guards most of all. Not in Strength but agitation.

For the reccord, I'm Black Dragon. It's just too damn easy to kill CM there. (It's fun too! :) )
have you fought right at the entrance front where the 4 guards are, with no ppu, cant say there underpowered then.

the ones inside dont need boosting, its simply that theye can be avoided, which i dont see a problem with

slaughteruall
02-06-04, 15:21
Boost all the guards to TH Turret level, and remove TG guards from anywhere outside their HQ. Faction Headquarters should be armed to the teeth against hostiles, and should always be a safe place to go.

How can i put this.... Your on crack. Part of this game (well at least now) is being able to raid and hurt your enemies where they feel safe. I for one cant wait untill plaza/via can be raided. My tradeskillers wont be hanging out in P4 that much anymore but oh well. I have apt's in every plaza zone for this reason. And my starter apt's in via.

Slaughter

Mumblyfish
02-06-04, 15:24
How can i put this.... Your on crack. Part of this game (well at least now) is being able to raid and hurt your enemies where they feel safe. I for one cant wait untill plaza/via can be raided. My tradeskillers wont be hanging out in P4 that much anymore but oh well. I have apt's in every plaza zone for this reason. And my starter apt's in via.

Slaughter
How can I put this? You're not me. One of the worst parts of the game for myself is being attacked when I should feel protected and safe. I for one hope a "hardcore" server is put in so that people like you can leave me the fuck alone.

slaughteruall
02-06-04, 15:27
How can I put this? You're not me. One of the worst parts of the game for myself is being attacked when I should feel protected and safe. I for one hope a "hardcore" server is put in so that people like you can leave me the fuck alone.

I have a idea if you dont want to be attacked leave your LE in. Or go play on pluto the odds of you running into another one of the ninety people that are on is rare. The game has LE's for a reason use them please.

Slaughter

Clownst0pper
02-06-04, 15:33
Faction HQ's shouldnt be raidable, but meh, thats just me.

Aziraphale
02-06-04, 15:33
I have a idea if you dont want to be attacked leave your LE in. Or go play on pluto the odds of you running into another one of the ninety people that are on is rare. The game has LE's for a reason use them please.

Slaughter

He does play on Pluto.
And having an LE in leaves you unable to join a clan, or participate in any voluntary PvP.

Mumblyfish
02-06-04, 15:36
LEs are totally un-fucking-usable in their current state, and are useless unless you want to live off aggies your whole life. And please, point out where I said I didn't want to PvP. It's pretty much all I do these days, beyond going into the DoY tunnels. Just because I want places that are safe, is that wrong? Places where I can bump into friendlies, have a chat... this game isn't all killing. Sadly, measures need to be put into place to make "no killing" zones for people like me to enjoy, since all some people play this game for is to kill everyone they see.

slaughteruall
02-06-04, 15:37
He does play on Pluto.
And having an LE in leaves you unable to join a clan, or participate in any voluntary PvP.

Did not know he was on pluto. Dont really care tho.

I know what a LE limits you to. If you dont want to be killed in your HQ/base or what ever leave it in. I have noobs that get ganked at MB i dont come here and bitch about getting killed. I have a noob LE droner/barter ATM. I dont want him to be ganked so he has a LE in. Plain and simple if you ask me.

Slaughter

Kuya
02-06-04, 15:38
NERF t3h guardz :D

slaughteruall
02-06-04, 15:44
LEs are totally un-fucking-usable in their current state, and are useless unless you want to live off aggies your whole life. And please, point out where I said I didn't want to PvP. It's pretty much all I do these days, beyond going into the DoY tunnels. Just because I want places that are safe, is that wrong? Places where I can bump into friendlies, have a chat... this game isn't all killing. Sadly, measures need to be put into place to make "no killing" zones for people like me to enjoy, since all some people play this game for is to kill everyone they see.

Last time i looked plaza and via were safe zones(no killing zones) as are MB/TG apt's. Maybe you should switch to a city faction or just stay in city zones. Or get one of those apt's to be safe.

One of the worst parts of the game for myself is being attacked when I should feel protected and safe
Sounded like me you didn't want to PvP. The non city faction are not for beginers have you thought of that? You did know when you choose those factions that you could be killed at your HQ's right?

Slaughter

SorkZmok
02-06-04, 16:04
Half of the CM guards and about 3/4 of the damn TH turrets need to be removed. Theres no chance in hell to get past those. In TH you cant even find a safe place without turrets anymore.

Mumblyfish
02-06-04, 16:07
Sounded like me you didn't want to PvP. The non city faction are not for beginers have you thought of that? You did know when you choose those factions that you could be killed at your HQ's right?
The non-city factions are for beginners. You don't get killed quite as often :angel:

And for the record I'm about as pro-city as they come. What I'm asking for is for HQs to be defended so that I can, say, go to Tech Haven to meet some FA friends without fear of running into Tangents or Crahn.

Half of the CM guards and about 3/4 of the damn TH turrets need to be removed. Theres no chance in hell to get past those. In TH you cant even find a safe place without turrets anymore.
Way to miss the fucking point. Why do you think they're there?

Archeus
02-06-04, 16:13
What I'm asking for is for HQs to be defended so that I can, say, go to Tech Haven to meet some FA friends without fear of running into Tangents or Crahn.

I routinely bop into TH to fight, although it has gotten harder recently, not because of the turrets but because of the runners defending it. They are copping on how to hold off attackers (partly due to this document (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=94703)).

slaughteruall
02-06-04, 16:16
And for the record I'm about as pro-city as they come. What I'm asking for is for HQs to be defended so that I can, say, go to Tech Haven to meet some FA friends without fear of running into Tangents or Crahn.

Well if you dont want to die in TH maybe you should be hanging around there. TH is almost impossible to raid now adays (maybe not on pluto). Have your freinds come to Plaza 1 if there FA they are welcome there for now at least.

The non-city factions are for beginners. You don't get killed quite as often.

Maybe on your server but mine is mostly anti-city factions. Which makes it harder and funner to be pro-city. When the map is own'd by CM/CS/TG/FA/BD. And if your as pro-city as it gets TT would not kill you :rolleyes: . So what faction are you? Let the truth be told will you.

Slaughter

VetteroX
02-06-04, 17:40
If you want a safe place, go to your apt. HQ's should be totaly raidable. As you all know, Im not much of a roleplayer, but something I hate is that the guards are much stronger then a player can ever become... why should a guard be more powerful then a character that is capped and spends all his time fighting? Guards should be weaker then good capped players.

Moscow, you couldnt be more wrong.... good people can win without guards. Just yesturday, with Nish ppuing my SPY, yes, SPY, we had no joke, like 15 mercs on us. I killed about 7, then my fucking compter froze, died of course, then I came back with eled my tank and his ppu vs like 10 mercs at once, they had ppu support, and we killed every single one of them.... they were all capped. So in other words, if there was a BD HQ, no guards, and the mercs raided, we could EASILY kill them with no guard support.

Mumblyfish
02-06-04, 17:46
And if your as pro-city as it gets TT would not kill you :rolleyes: . So what faction are you? Let the truth be told will you.
BioTech. I don't think Tangent are pro-Neocron at all.

Strych9
02-06-04, 17:47
If you want a safe place, go to your apt. HQ's should be totaly raidable. As you all know, Im not much of a roleplayer, but something I hate is that the guards are much stronger then a player can ever become... why should a guard be more powerful then a character that is capped and spends all his time fighting? Guards should be weaker then good capped players.

Moscow, you couldnt be more wrong.... good people can win without guards. Just yesturday, with Nish ppuing my SPY, yes, SPY, we had no joke, like 15 mercs on us. I killed about 7, then my fucking compter froze, died of course, then I came back with eled my tank and his ppu vs like 10 mercs at once, they had ppu support, and we killed every single one of them.... they were all capped. So in other words, if there was a BD HQ, no guards, and the mercs raided, we could EASILY kill them with no guard support.Gimme a break. First you say that guards shouldnt be as good as capped players, then you are able to kill off 80 capped players all at once with a Colt Budget modded only with rubber bullets and a flash light. So why even bother with guards at all?

So obviously when you mean capped players, you mean yourself and whoever else you are running with at the time.

THEN, you argue that YOU can defend BD so therefore guards arent needed, RIGHT AFTER you demonstrate that CM cannot defend the MB and make a strong case for why guards ARE needed.

So which is it- can players defend a base or not?

:rolleyes:

Shadow Dancer
02-06-04, 18:12
Guards should have the same power as a capped player. I just don't think it makes any sense at all to have these ubar godlike guards for the faction. It makes no sense from an RP perspective IMO.

Dribble Joy
02-06-04, 18:21
Indeed, guards should be as tough as and do as much dmg as a capped player.
About lvl70, but doing decent dmg.

That said... fix the fucking AI scripts, I watch BD gr into MB itself and WALK, while sexing the guards till they get past the ASG.

slaughteruall
02-06-04, 18:42

Considering you said as pro-city as it gets.... Umm CA comes to mind since they are the city.

You can run all over plaza/via without being shot and your complaining about being killed in TH cry me a river already man. Grow a set and kill the people who jump you.

Slaughter

Mumblyfish
02-06-04, 18:51
Bolded for emphasis.

extract
02-06-04, 19:08
Guards if we must have them, should provide LIGHT assistance to players, not do the job for them.

amen!

this falls under the OP turret usage policy as well(imo)....

also nick, u went to TH first....then to MB.....by the time you got to TG Im sure you lvld con a few times got more HP.....Im sure that is the reason they didnt own u as fast as the others.....also they arent exactly sharp shooters, like the th turrets....a th turret never misses, a TG gaurd does(and quite often) i think their dmg is sufficient.....

slaughteruall
02-06-04, 19:45
Bolded for emphasis.

I really dont care what your views on tangent are. How about you respond to my last post and not your own post.

Slaughter

Moscow
02-06-04, 19:58

Moscow, you couldnt be more wrong.... good people can win without guards. Just yesturday, with Nish ppuing my SPY, yes, SPY, we had no joke, like 15 mercs on us. I killed about 7, then my fucking compter froze, died of course, then I came back with eled my tank and his ppu vs like 10 mercs at once, they had ppu support, and we killed every single one of them.... they were all capped. So in other words, if there was a BD HQ, no guards, and the mercs raided, we could EASILY kill them with no guard support.

Your first point:

Funnily enough, Faction HQs are going to be the ONLY "safe" areas in the game come BDOY, so you'll need to re-think that "totally raidable" mind-set come September.

As for the guards? Easy to explain with a bit of time, and so I will (Even though it's not "official", this is just a fairly easy way of explaining how guards are so powerful):

Not being tagged as "Runners" for the Factions they represent, and thus being excluded from the bandwith and transmission problems of the GeneReplication system, Faction guards are capable of full body augmentation (As opposed to the more traditional heart/organ/sensor replacement), leading to massive increases in strength, skill and endurance above and beyond the Runners of Neocron.

However, because the Faction guards are not part of the GeneReplication network, they are effectively "mortal"; resulting in no expense being spared to preserve them and their equipment (Which is fine-tuned to unheard of levels as well as branded with personnel-specific sensors, to prevent theft by Runners). Of course, the processes that make this sort of "tuning" possible are insanely complicated and cannot be used in conjunction with the life critical implants that Runners are injected with at employment (It goes without saying that Runners without these implants are, GeneReplicator data or no, history).

It's just a rough idea, and can be improved, but you get the idea.

As for our second point? Well....as it's yet another "I'm the best and only lose due to technical issues" speech, I'm not going to address it; which wouldn't make sense anyway, given Strych's eloquent riposte.

Peace.

-Moscow

Sleeperx
02-06-04, 20:00
Nerf MB guards???? They don't do anything anyway so how u gonna make them more useless?

n3m
02-06-04, 20:08
it's funny how freedom fighters and mercenaries would have nothing against pimps

QuantumDelta
02-06-04, 20:16
Wonder how long this thread'll last.

Anyway, throwing in my two pence;

Neocron doesn't have the population to defend HQs.

It's always those who don't actually have apts / would be forced out of NC by DoY who are whining about the NPCs being too strong.

Funny to be honest, since I know for a fact they aren't any harder than your average PvP Target, they just have more HP and less damage.

--
Just that those "raiders" can't really be fucked fighting something a little more significant than a two second organised counter attack force mainly comprised of relogged trade skiller chars (including the pluto players).

Amusing to think that the supposedly hard core players are the ones that can't cope with a little adversity.

Dribble Joy
02-06-04, 20:18
I never said I was hardcore.

-=Daz=-
02-06-04, 21:43
nerfing the MB an TH guards would be cool....its a nice idea to raid an enemy faction base...at least with the TG base this is made poss

Shadow Dancer
02-06-04, 22:13
Funny to be honest, since I know for a fact they aren't any harder than your average PvP Target, they just have more HP and less damage.

Um, I can't be reading this right. Are you referring to faction guards???

Prodigious
02-06-04, 22:23
lmao at vet in this post, CAREBEAR !!!! DONT NEED CAREBEARS !!!!

hehe why do you think theres the option to vote for the nerf to the other guards,

i think the other guards should be nerfed and vet is right that guards dont really need to be any higher than 70/70 but saying that........

do we have a big enough player base to really on ourselves for our own defence?

arent TG in plaza most of the time when they need pokes or a constructor?

we need guards at the moment, just got to see how the player base goes when DoY is out before we get all reliable on other players, also by then it is City V City so its is more likely people can defend/attack together.

I ask Vet, when you raid TG (not sure what fact you are but you seem like you raid TG) how many actual Players do you kill? is there ever anyone in the canyon?

QuantumDelta
02-06-04, 22:26
Um, I can't be reading this right. Are you referring to faction guards???
My PE honestly doesn't have much trouble with'em o.o

Shadow Dancer
02-06-04, 22:38
My PE honestly doesn't have much trouble with'em o.o

I take more damage from all faction guards than players. But you say it's a "fact" that they do less damage. I find that a little hard to stomach.

SjanTeN^
02-06-04, 23:09
I think they MB guards need a bit more power, its not like BD is having a hard time to stay out of trouble with the guards :) Not TH they hurt like yawa.

QuantumDelta
03-06-04, 19:51
Well, I haven't checked the MB Guards but last I knew they did F.A.

The TH Guards do damage to my PE Comparable to most PvPers for their HP intelligence and accuracy, he can solo one fairly easily, especially if he's using Liberator over BS/etc.

The Crahn NPCs and BD NPC do more.

Don't know about TG of late.
TT can be a pain enmass (which is the only way you meet'em...) but not too bad on their own- blehness.
CA I don't know.
BT I don't know.
PP I don't know.

TS aren't too bad 1on1.

uhhh I forget anyone?

edit;
MB Guards need faster KoS.

plague
03-06-04, 19:54
heh crahn npc do crazy dmg lol, don't remember what char was i on but i got down to half health in one shot keke, bd gurds not too bad tg is a joke, they just need to lower th defences a bit and all is good.. :D

n3m
03-06-04, 19:58
tsunami guards ;)

Shadow Dancer
03-06-04, 22:08
The TH Guards do damage to my PE Comparable to most PvPers for their HP intelligence and accuracy, he can solo one fairly easily, especially if he's using Liberator over BS/etc.

Are you referring to the turrets?

The Crahn NPCs and BD NPC do more.

Don't tell me you can solo a crahn NPC. I'll believe it when I see it. hehe

sn8
03-06-04, 22:23
Back in the day, we could go to TH and Raid it. I'd rather go on a TG raid than a TH raid. TG is do-able. TH is stupid, those turrets just piss me off.

There just have to be a few turrets dotted about and that it. Not clumps of 4. OK maybe because we used to raid there for hours on end. I remember one HC tank on saturn, once a member of templars who would raid it solo. No, worse than that, he used to spend his whole day in there. It would take quite a few people to get him, but he would be back in a few minutes for more.

I can go on a solo raid on my spy in TG, not in TH. TG is a bit of work having to zone around to loose aggro, but a bit of work and u can do it, I even go shopping there. TH for a heay belt? Na never make it out of my TH appy.

BRING BACK A RAIDABLE TH. I know FA would love the fun!!!

SypH
04-06-04, 00:24
LEs are totally un-fucking-usable in their current state, and are useless unless you want to live off aggies your whole life.. I beg to differ! My tank is LE'd and always has been. He has always hunted alone, never teamed once, and is currently 50/57 with 9 Str levels and 20 con til cap (the con will be a bugger without a PPU I guess) I play all but one of my alts solo and they are all LE'd:p Having said that I would love to have LE'd clans so I can share my items and cash between alts.

As for the guards personally I think you just need to reduce the numbers rather than their stats. Take the TG guards out of every zone except the Canyon and e_13. No reason for them to be out as far as Cycrow. Cut TH turret numbers down to a more reasonable level. Personally I think HQ raids should be possible but hard and need organising, but with TH it is impossible! Cant say much about merc guards since they are a bit slow on it;) Move the TS guards away from PP1/P3 zone line. Infact remove all TS guards except those at the club doors and PP1 Neofrag entrance, and those inside the clubs/TS HQ of course.

Saito Hajime
04-06-04, 00:37
So what do you call people who want little to no retaliation when "raiding" levelling areas?

If people are unable fight back due to their rank, then it's bloody obvious they'll use the Faction guards to their advantage; just like how "raiders" use their high combat ranks and equipment to get an advantage over the people they're "raiding".

Expecting players to guard areas of the game world, without NPC support, is just absurd; no game, and I really do mean no game, has the population or incentive to support such a thing.

Peace.

-Moscow

Damn right.