PDA

View Full Version : OT: stupid mf - Princess mononoke reviewer. (so dumb)

Benjie
02-06-04, 02:52
This will probabally only make sence if you have actually seen Princess Mononoke. (The Girl always in my Avatar if you have not)
This guy is so stupid.

2 of 114 people found the following review helpful:

Captain planet, he's our hero, gonna take pollution down..., April 14, 2004
Reviewer: Soccer75 from Highland, IL

Please! Stop flinging me eco-babble disguised as entertainment for once!! This is perhaps the definition of an overrated disc and in my opininon is very offensive. Parents be warned; while the rating of the movie is pg-13, it clearly deserves an R (unless you think decapitations and bloody regurgitations are peachy for junior). And seriously, who do these asians think they are feeding me and my children their filthy paganism? Pig gods? Umm... no. Pigs are representative of satan, but thanks for trying, you devil-worshippers. Luckily I was able to stop the "movie" before my children suffered too much, but I had to take them to church afterwards, just in case. Don't be fooled; this yet another sad conspirator in today's "entertainment" biz, less intent on positive, constructive morals than on cheap (yet profitable)corruption of our nation.

I can't belive people are so stupid. :(
Made me laugh though.

:)

Jest
02-06-04, 02:57
Rofl. Thats actually quite funny.

Benjie
02-06-04, 02:59
Don't lie Jest. We all know it was you who wrote that. :p

Lareolan
02-06-04, 03:36
ROFLMAO!!! :lol:

If I didn't almost pee my pants laughing at the sheer stupidity of that review I might have been offended. Ah, people's ignorance and stupidity always amuse me greately (The reason when I'm blue I turn ON the Trade-NC and OOC channels and listen to them) :p

jernau
02-06-04, 04:08
I assume it's one of the many parody reviewers they get.

It looks like one of the Landover Baptist guys wrote it.

Henry Raddick is still the king though.

johngreen2000
02-06-04, 04:38
Mononoke > all

actually its not but it very entertaining definitly in my top 5 anime.

Benjie
02-06-04, 14:10
in my top 5 anime.
It's in my top 3.
I think mine is probabally:

3. Ghost in the Shell
2. Princess Mononoke
1. Perfect Blue

All three bring a tear to my eye when I watch them. Ghost in the shell usually at the end where she tries to tear open the tank, and at the beggining where you see her being created. There such powerfull images!
When I read that guys review, I wonder what kind of world he lives in. Princess Mononoke is beutifull, and to actually be offended by that must make him feel very sad. :(

jernau
02-06-04, 14:20
If you like Mononoke you should really watch the other Studio Ghibli films. They are all fantastic and several are better than Mononoke IMHO.

Just avoid the horrible Disney dubs.

Aziraphale
02-06-04, 14:22
ROFLAMAOAOAOAOAMOAOSMDAOSDAOSKDASD

That's just funny.

Original monk
02-06-04, 14:24
Don't lie Jest. We all know it was you who wrote that. :p

lol, poor jest

but the article is funny yeah: are there really people like that around on this world ??

*thinks*

snif, yes there are :/

edit: the most/biggest evil people around are the people constantly looking for evil in everything :/

Benjie
02-06-04, 14:34
If you like Mononoke you should really watch the other Studio Ghibli films. They are all fantastic and several are better than Mononoke IMHO.

Just avoid the horrible Disney dubs.
jernau. I've seen Spirited Away, and I love it too.
I <3 Noface. :) He so sweet.

I'm going to search the web for listings, but are there a couple you can reccomend?

Aziraphale
02-06-04, 14:40
Thinking about it, you should probably report that review on grounds of racism :o

Sundiver
02-06-04, 14:43
I almost feel insulted. Started collecting anime movies recently, and Princess Mononoke was one of them. I hadn't been moved that much by a movie in years when I saw this masterpiece. I have Ghost in the shell too, Akira, Cowboy Bebop, Metropolis ++, and have started collecting the Neon Evangelion series (have the 3 first DVD's plus "Death and rebirth").

Anime > all. I mean, I like action movies too, sci-fi and comedy, but those anime movies got something other movies don't and never will.

Being a christian (oh well, am trying..), I did not feel offended by the gods in Princess Mononoke at all. And children can watch it, no problem at all. Come on, parents letting them watch garbage like Pokemen..

Benjie
02-06-04, 14:44
Thinking about it, you should probably report that review on grounds of racism :o
Yeah he called Asians Satan Worshippers didn't he. I didn't really notice that because of his terrible English. :(
I can't report him. I'm English and that review is from the American site. Someone from America will have to do it if you feel strongly about it.
Don't ask me what I was doing browsing Amazon.com when I'm English. I have no idea myself.

jernau
02-06-04, 14:45
jernau. I've seen Spirited Away, and I love it too.
I <3 Noface. :) He so sweet.

I'm going to search the web for listings, but are there a couple you can reccomend?Kiki's Delivery Service - Also directed by Miyazaki, who did Spirited Away and Mononoke. It has a lot of similarities to Spirited Away but is a more international story. I prefer it but I can't point to any particular reason why.

Grave Of The Fireflies - Very different from Miyazaki's work. This one is dark and based, to some extent, on real-life events. It's the only Ghibli film Disney didn't think they could distribute so I don't know how available it is in the US. It's available on DVD in the UK though.

@Sundiver - I wouldn't worry about it. The christians have never forgiven the Pagans for inventing christmas and easter before them ;).

/edit - I believe all Amazon reviews are checked before publishing (Certainly IMDB ones are and the two are the same now). That's part of the reason I think it's a joke post.

Garg [RogueNET]
02-06-04, 14:55
Naruto !

Archeus
02-06-04, 15:46
I use this site for all my movie reviews..

http://www.capalert.com/capreports/index.htm

Anything that gets a bad rating has to be fun to watch.

Aziraphale
02-06-04, 16:11

That site is hilarious :lol: :lol:

Benjie
02-06-04, 16:37

Oh, My, God. 8|

:lol:

sanityislost
02-06-04, 16:40
ROFL that person is truely fucked in the head.

how the hell is she thinking a pig = satan, maybe she got a pig and a goat mixed up lol dumb bitch

[edit]

oooooooooooooooooooook WTF? that is a evil site full of people who follow the way of the rabbit *hides*

SiL ..:..

Celt
02-06-04, 18:35
This will probabally only make sence if you have actually seen Princess Mononoke. (The Girl always in my Avatar if you have not)
This guy is so stupid.

I can't belive people are so stupid. :(
Made me laugh though.

:)Werent you the one who called me stupid for talking about mechs in neocron, when MJS had posted several times promising mechs?

Benjie
02-06-04, 20:15
Werent you the one who called me stupid for talking about mechs in neocron, when MJS had posted several times promising mechs?
What are you talking about, and what relation does it have to Princess Mononoke, Anime, or Reviews?

Q`alooaith
02-06-04, 20:35
And people have to ask why I hate humans?

Newsflash, there is no heven, there is no hell only the here and now.

Benjie
02-06-04, 20:40
And people have to ask why I hate humans?

Newsflash, there is no heven, there is no hell only the here and now.
Heven exists. I went there on holiday once.

So does hell to a lot of people.

*edit*

Humans are cool. We are the only species on this planet that experiences selflessness, and our standards almost always surpass our abilitys. (IE you Heavyporker, I expect.)

jernau
02-06-04, 20:47
We are the only species on this planet that experiences selflessness
That's not true - all mammals and many other creatures have this primitive behaviour.

Humans are the oddity in that we find it so easy to voluntarily supress it.

btw is it just me or this thread a looooooooong way OT?

Q`alooaith
02-06-04, 20:57
I was talking about the heven/hell after death type situation, I'm currently in hell, I mean what else do you call a planet full of humans.

And this is on topic, we're talking about how silly the reviewer's lifeview's are.

Benjie
02-06-04, 21:23
Yes. And to be honest, I can see an end coming to this thread.
I must say it's been quite fun.
Nice one guys.

:)

-=Daz=-
02-06-04, 22:01
i think this person has spent a lil 2 much time in church....also looks 2 much into things..u can jus imagine wat his kids wud turn out like.... :lol:

Estabin
03-06-04, 08:14
I am not a huge Anime fan, but I really enjoyed Ninja Scroll, Ghost in a Shell, and Akira... also enjoyed the Legend of the Overfiend series... well the first few.

Anyone know of any more Anime that is in the same vein as Ninja Scroll? Prolly my fav as far as those go.

Lareolan
04-06-04, 03:41
It's in my top 3.
I think mine is probabally:

3. Ghost in the Shell
2. Princess Mononoke
1. Perfect Blue

All three bring a tear to my eye when I watch them. Ghost in the shell usually at the end where she tries to tear open the tank, and at the beggining where you see her being created. There such powerfull images!
When I read that guys review, I wonder what kind of world he lives in. Princess Mononoke is beutifull, and to actually be offended by that must make him feel very sad. :(

Oh, cool... My Top 3 (ALL are equal, so not 1-3)

- Mononoke Hime
- Kaze no tani no Nausicaa (Nausicaa of the valley of the wind)
- Ah! My Goddes the Movie

All 3 make me cry... But in a very good way.

Lareolan
04-06-04, 03:53
i think this person has spent a lil 2 much time in church....also looks 2 much into things..u can jus imagine wat his kids wud turn out like.... :lol:

Um... You know those kids who build bombs in their basement and then go into a school on a rampage killing dozens of students and teachers before they kill themselves? Guess what THEIR parents were like! :rolleyes:

Ah... Poor kids who will be anywhere near this reviewer's kids when they go berserk for being shunned because they were so fucked up by their parents...

Sundiver
04-06-04, 07:11
Yay! "Perfect Blue" on it's way to my mailbox, looking forward to it ;)

Benjie
04-06-04, 09:23
Yay! "Perfect Blue" on it's way to my mailbox, looking forward to it ;)
Perfect Blue is a completely different film the second time you watch it. The first time you take every scene for granted, the next time you question whats real and what is not.
It's really split into two halves. The first half is more normal than the second.

Sundiver
04-06-04, 09:56
Sounds great to me :) I loved Spirited Away too.

Celt
04-06-04, 12:18
What are you talking about, and what relation does it have to Princess Mononoke, Anime, or Reviews?You're calling someone else dumb after slamming someone for mentioning mechs werent in NC yet despite being promised aggess ago, saying something like "dont be stupid neocron is a post apocalyptic game there arent mechs"

Get the connection yet?

Benjie
04-06-04, 12:48
You're calling someone else dumb after slamming someone for mentioning mechs werent in NC yet despite being promised aggess ago, saying something like "dont be stupid neocron is a post apocalyptic game there arent mechs"

Get the connection yet?
How does me not knowing that reakktor were origionally going
to implament mechs make me stupid?

I'm sure several hundred people on these forums also were not
aware of it, and in calling me stupid you are in fact calling the
majority of this forum stupid.

Besides, a persons Knoweledge or lack of does not determin
there intelect. For the reccord; my iq has always remained at
least 20 points above the average for my age.

Garg [RogueNET]
04-06-04, 13:36
to implament mechs make me stupid?

majority of this forum stupid.

Pwned by Benji

Possessed
04-06-04, 13:58

:lol: :lol: Sweet, sweet irony. :lol:

That is also the improper use of a semicolon.

Celt
04-06-04, 14:02
to implament mechs make me stupid?Not knowing = one thing, insulting someone for knowing is quite another.

majority of this forum stupid.Several hundred people didnt call me stupid for saying to MJS mechs still werent in, now did they?

least 20 points above the average for my age.Spelt "knowledge" "determine" "their" "intellect" "record" wrong in two sentences. Not to mention "originally" and "implement".

jernau
04-06-04, 15:19
I can't see any connection between a misunderstanding over an ancient feature-list and an Amazon review personally.

Gotterdammerung
04-06-04, 15:25
Well now that we have gotten into IQ's and spell correcting I think this thread about a cartoon has run it's course.