PDA

View Full Version : The hardest part of MC5 is....

RayBob
02-06-04, 00:39
...OTHER PEOPLE. Why can't we get 3 MC5 rooms? The nicest people become total assholes in that hell hole fighting over their turn.

jiga
02-06-04, 00:46
Maybe mc5s shuld be all around the map instead in one place. Gives every1 a chance to get there

SjanTeN^
02-06-04, 00:47
Getting there ;)

-FN-
02-06-04, 00:53
Just like the DoY tunnels - more than one are needed.

And it was stated by GMs, probably a year ago now, when I was at MC5 and they did their magical appearing out of nowhere thing to speak to me about the "LE" issue at the time, that they were planning on opening up two more MC5 Base Commander Areas in the other two buildings... but either those guys were sacked, or the guys who sacked them were sacked, or something... because it never happened and you know what, that's seriously in the Top 10 list of things that NC direly needs.

j0rz
02-06-04, 00:55
id like to see that happen
mc5 chips are for the well off players

what i would like to see if make mc5 harder
and more places to do the runz

tiikeri
02-06-04, 01:12
You just have met the wrong ppl. OK sometimes its quite growded, but that can be arranged by ppl communicating with eachother. simply just take turns.

petek480
02-06-04, 01:25
Just kill who ever is there then you won't have to take turns. Problem solved.

Drexel
02-06-04, 04:10
what i would like to see if make mc5 harder

Are you fucken insane ?

I went in there for the first time last night & it is 98 % impossible.

I can only believe that people using an exploit are having sucess in there because it is instant death.

A PPU cannot outheal one MC5 oppentent, let alone the 6 or so in there, forget keeping a team alive.

Ill be fucked if i can think how to make it harder.

I decided to lay there dead on the floor & watch others try. 6 other teams came through & all of them died without even harming one of the guards.

tiikeri
02-06-04, 04:16
LOL :) fact: u sucked. Perioid. And ppu u had sucked too.

++ The teams u saw, sucked.

How come I have came out from there, walking with my own feet (ok i needed a few rezzes, but anyways).

The question is: did u suck, or i pwn :)

/Edit: It's hard, but it's not insane. I like it.

Drexel
02-06-04, 04:23
youve been in since it reopened ?

& did fine ?

Dont get me wrong, im going back, dumber people than I are walking around with MC5 up the wazzo.

Im just saying it supprises me how hard it was, I was ready for tough, but this still surprised the shit outta me.

Morganth
02-06-04, 04:39
I completed two runs of it today with 2 tanks and another PPU. Ok so it took a few rezzes, but we did it in the end. I think there should be more than one location to find the base commander, as its boring as hell waiting for people to finish their turn.

manderf
02-06-04, 04:44
I as a tank solo'ed it fine with a PPU. I died a couple times

Maester Seymour
02-06-04, 05:27
Me and some others have been since its reopened and i reckon KK have done a fine job with it, ive enjoyed going there ;) It maybe harder now than it was before but i don't think it needs making any easyer or any harder for that matter, or altering the drop rate either, i think its just perfect as it is.

I can only believe that people using an exploit are having sucess in there because it is instant death.

err no dude O_o. I went with 3 other ppl over the weekend, sure we had sucess in there and died a hell of a lot and put a lot of effort and time into getting what we did from there. Even as a capped PPU i died a few times when i had everything shooting me, but we certanly wernt doin any dodgy exploiting shit in there.

I guess if the other building around the corner from the main mc5 building, also had commanders inside - I think that would be good for the times when the main one is full, and lots of groups are getting frustrated cos they want a turn.
Apart from that maybe, i would say leave MC5 as it is :)

seraphian
02-06-04, 05:46
MC-5, more than anywhere else, requires you to learn how to play it... you also have to have a well-balanced and well-communicating team.

With 2 PPUs and 3 tanks working well together I've seen the place taken apart no problem.

I like the idea of more than one MC-5, or maybe they could make it an instanced Dungeon, where there's a 'load node' and everyone in there when the sync is triggered gets an individual 'copy' of MC-5 to themselves (some other MMORPGs do this to great success, SW:G for instance).

Or maybe this is an opportunity to find out what happened to MCs 1 through 4... although I always assumed MC-1 was either the spaceship where the Ceres disks were found or the MC-5 like area from the first Neocron offline demo (the one where you woke up after the TG attacks)

manderf
02-06-04, 05:51
silence carebear. Take MC5 for yourself!!!!!!! dont wuss out this is one of the reasons nc is so fun because of its pvp. even in mc5 :)

VetteroX
02-06-04, 08:00
Agred, just kill whoever is in there. No negociation. When it first came out on pluto, and I went, I told whoever else was there to get the hell out or you will be on the floor before I count to 3. Most listened and left, thoes who didnt, died. On saturn, I dont even talk, when I go with people we go in with pvp weapons first, kill whoevers in there, then start doing mc5.

And its not impossible, but it IS hard.... anyone who says it isnt can have a fight vs me and my ppu, and them and their ppu (since mc5 relies heavily on ppus) and we will see how you do in a real challenge.

But, since constantly fighting there gets boring, I say there should be at least 1 more mc5.

Heavyporker
02-06-04, 08:06
I believe there should only be one Base Commander - MC5 is the whole facility base, so having multiples just goes counter against that.

The Base Commander should be the only MC5 mob that has the guaranteed 1 part drop per kill...

but the other little energy core thingies should have MC5 mobs that has a CHANCE to drop MC5 parts... only in those places (not aboveground) and only a fairly low drop rate, say, like 15%.

Gohei
02-06-04, 17:16
I agree, i'd love to see more MC5 places scattered around NC..

s0apy
02-06-04, 17:59
Agred, just kill whoever is in there. No negociation.

but since an extra-good MC5 team is all-LE, you're back to square one again :). i also vote for extra MC5 rooms.

Jadzia Eleazar
02-06-04, 18:06
A PPU cannot outheal one MC5 oppentent, let alone the 6 or so in there, forget keeping a team alive.

Hm, my PPU on Jupiter easily outheals one MC 5 guard. Only when 3 or more are attacking me I've to run. Keeping the team alive is difficult, indeed, coz they nerfed foreign-casts. But hey, u want a challenge after all, don't u?
And as long as only one guard attacks a teammate a PPU can keep him/her alive (even APUs ;) ).

Duder
02-06-04, 18:22
How about a base commander in every faction HQ? And make it so that base commanders wont drop chips if a group of players neutral or allied to their chosen faction target decide to attack the commander? Instead youd get an automated alert on the faction chat that your HQ is under attack? Ta da, new ways to get chips and new ways of finding excuses to hurt each other and sense of danger!!

j0rz
02-06-04, 23:35
Agred, just kill whoever is in there. No negociation. When it first came out on pluto, and I went, I told whoever else was there to get the hell out or you will be on the floor before I count to 3. Most listened and left, thoes who didnt, died. On saturn, I dont even talk, when I go with people we go in with pvp weapons first, kill whoevers in there, then start doing mc5.

And its not impossible, but it IS hard.... anyone who says it isnt can have a fight vs me and my ppu, and them and their ppu (since mc5 relies heavily on ppus) and we will see how you do in a real challenge.

But, since constantly fighting there gets boring, I say there should be at least 1 more mc5.

sounds like fun to me i'll fight ubut really only pussys needa ppu ee u in pepper park ;)

steweygrrr
03-06-04, 00:25
Okies, theres a point. Where's MC1 to MC4? MC5 (mind control area 5) implies there are at least 4 more scattered around. And I agree with MS (as I was one of the other people there with him. Damn fine job mate!) I can say that although it is hard, and you will die it is doable once you know how and get into the swing of things. An apu/tank combo works amazingly well if the tank....never mind, would be giving away a good tip there.

Morganth
03-06-04, 01:18
An apu/tank combo works amazingly well if the tank....never mind, would be giving away a good tip there.

Talking of APUs in MC5, best way to piss them off is cast Shelter on the mobs. Talk about driving them up the wall. And of course, if any of them come out from behind the wall they get attacked, so they have to deal with the buffed mobs. :lol:

If you aren't afraid of shooting yourself a little, a tank can stand so that the only way they get shot is when a guard comes into the little gap parts between the sections of wall, other than that you don't get shot at but can tear the mobs apart with Mal/Doomie.

Clownst0pper
03-06-04, 01:33
Are you fucken insane ?

I went in there for the first time last night & it is 98 % impossible.

Ill be fucked if i can think how to make it harder.

I decided to lay there dead on the floor & watch others try. 6 other teams came through & all of them died without even harming one of the guards.

Are you for real? My APU can out heal a single Soldier with ppu buffs. Our clan (phoenix) has zero absolutely zero problem doing mc5, its stupidly easy. We have managed to get id say at least 30-40 parts.

Complete hawkins/RD/Hawkins/SA and loads more techs over all our clan members.

And yes, a PPU can out heal them, Herbitt, ding dong, exodia, can all out heal at least 2 or 3 firing at them.

We do it with 2 apus, and 2 ppu's and trust me, it took me 2 days to get 4 complete chips.

Do we exploit? Nope, we just have good characters, and know what were doing.

nobby
03-06-04, 01:56
before i decide togo, do they do just energy damage? :confused:

Morganth
03-06-04, 11:21
We do it with 2 apus, and 2 ppu's and trust me, it took me 2 days to get 4 complete chips.

Do we exploit? Nope, we just have good characters, and know what were doing.

Seen it done, and in reference to it taking 2 days to get 4 complete chips, the only reason Phoenix find it so easy to achieve this is to kill anyone who is already at MC5, because they are greedy and selfish with no respect for other people, friend or foe.

Aside from that, my PPU can out heal 2-3 of the guards, but as soon as they all start at it it gets kinda painful.

Clownst0pper
03-06-04, 12:25
Seen it done, and in reference to it taking 2 days to get 4 complete chips, the only reason Phoenix find it so easy to achieve this is to kill anyone who is already at MC5, because they are greedy and selfish with no respect for other people, friend or foe.

We only kill players who are KOS or RED.

IE. TG/BD/NWO/Crahn in general.

So no, were not greedy, we just like our privacy :lol: