PDA

View Full Version : H-C & M-C Tank can you be Hybid

Cor
01-06-04, 23:16
If I have the reguriermentc of H-C,M-C and T-C can I be good in both skills. ex: Lets say I the Str at 115, 122 M-C and 134 H-C and 89T-C now I can change between the different powersuits HC and MC and that ups my points in both depending on the suit. Now will i be good in both or switch points around to one still? It would be nice to do both in Mob hunting and PVP.

Dru Blood
01-06-04, 23:20
yes its viable,

you should also be able to cap most of the mellee weapons but not the HC,

i prefer hc mainly because i like weilding a huge cannon and making lots of noise, i have all str point in hc so i can cap aiming and rof on the cursed soul. it helps

SyncError
01-06-04, 23:23
My wife handled the hybrid tank thing quite nicely on Saturn. While her H-C wasn't quite as high as some other tanks if nothing else it gave her an advantage in combat because they were less likely to expect her to pull out a Devil's Grace on them when it was to her advantage.

Many people frown upon being a hybrid, but diversity is the spice of life.

plague
01-06-04, 23:37
I do just fine as hybrid tank i cap dg and cs with hc pa and hc3 buff(hc mainly used for caving lvling). Bones and imps give a lill over 80+ in mc so u dont have to spec alot in natural mc and about 130 hc + imps(dont remember what they exactly give), so with mc pa3 and self buff i get over 200 in mc, and with hc pa and self buff arount 166 and with ppu 180+ :D...

StryfeX
01-06-04, 23:38
One of my tanks was originally going to be hybrid melee/heavy, but I figured since that I already had a pure heavy tank, pure melee would be the way to go. Not to mention that I love melee but could never be arsed to make one. :D

Besides, it's much more point efficient to be pure melee. You can cap all melee weapons, have pretty good FOR and carry a ton of stuff. :cool:

--Stryfe

plague
01-06-04, 23:42
yee melee own especially after new patch :D

@StryfeX - hey m8 when new rle coming out with 198 changes....

spongeb0b
01-06-04, 23:49
very possible to use DG or PoB and CS (you wont cap it ;) ) very fun indeed :D

naimex
01-06-04, 23:57
a tank might just be the easiest to make a hybrid.

however, it will cause a little gimpness, but not much.

StryfeX
01-06-04, 23:59
yee melee own especially after new patch :D

@StryfeX - hey m8 when new rle coming out with 198 changes....I have not had a chance to kill anyone on my melee tank since the patch. I've been too busy working on the C++ runtime errors and the RPLE.

The new version will be out soon, plague. Maybe even today if I get crankin' on it. Even though I'm at work atm. :p

--Stryfe

naimex
02-06-04, 00:07
just a little quick setup I made..

most people will change psi, and con setup.

but I like it this way.

http://www.naimex.dk/mchc.jpg

uber java
02-06-04, 01:19
I have a GenTank on the Test Server, that caps every rare HC Weapon with 220+ aiming on all, and can also cap all but the rare Malee weapons. I get 160% damage on a artifact Peace Maker.

plague
02-06-04, 01:30
yes with marien herc and moveon you can olmost cap both melee and hc, just have make up er mind which more importan. I have melee for pvp(caped dg) and I still have enough to do mc5 and caves with mal, perfect imho..:D

@StryfeX - w00t today :D nice, keep it up best techpart manager yet. :angel:

spongeb0b
02-06-04, 01:46
got a link for downloading that skill manager naim?

plague
02-06-04, 01:50
heh it comes with, NL Pro.

edit: nm looks at Bob's sig O_o 8| :rolleyes: :p :lol:

Vid Gamer
02-06-04, 01:51
It's even easier with Beast now.

spongeb0b
02-06-04, 01:54
heh it comes with, NL Pro.

edit: nm looks at Bob's sig O_o 8| :rolleyes: :p :lol:

i use nlpro and only have v1 of skill manager (i want v2)

naimex
02-06-04, 06:23
got a link for downloading that skill manager naim?

yes I do, but itīs illegal to distribute atm.

i use nlpro and only have v1 of skill manager (i want v2)

Actually this is Beta 3..

I havenīt gotten Full version of v3 yet.

Moofausa
02-06-04, 07:15
my gentank : capped devourer.. xstrong beast Batqueen arm melee eye + marine bzerk.. should set you at like.. 169 melee if you have 50 base melee rest HC and you should cap a dev aswell..