PDA

View Full Version : [O/T] Windows desktop/monitor strangeness

MrChumble
01-06-04, 20:54
O/T - just hoping someone has seen this before. If you not you marvel at the strangeness of windows :)

The wierdest thing just happened to my PC. The monitor picture just spontaneously stretched off the edge of the screen on either side. Now when I try to correct it it distorts at the edges, compressing the image. Using the monitor auto-detect stretches it again like it thinks the monitor is wider than it actually is :confused:
Wierd thing is I haven't changed any hardware or drivers for months, and wasn't doing anything odd when it happened (browsing this forum). Nothing I've not done hundreds of times before.

Anyone seen this before or have any ideas to fix it? The distorted screen is giving me helluva headache.

Vryce
02-06-04, 01:51
Have you tried adjusting your resolution? Otherwise, it may be time to shop for a new monitor.

Ormy
02-06-04, 01:58
go to: display properties > settings > advanced, and just have a play around with the settings, see what you can play with.

If it was a problem with the resolution you would expect the image to strech top and bottom too O_o

I trust you've tried the obvious things, reboot, unplug-replug monitor, try another monitor/PC if possible, reinstall drivers, system restore (if running winXP) etc.

plague
02-06-04, 01:59
O/T - just hoping someone has seen this before. If you not you marvel at the strangeness of windows :)

The wierdest thing just happened to my PC. The monitor picture just spontaneously stretched off the edge of the screen on either side. Now when I try to correct it it distorts at the edges, compressing the image. Using the monitor auto-detect stretches it again like it thinks the monitor is wider than it actually is :confused:
Wierd thing is I haven't changed any hardware or drivers for months, and wasn't doing anything odd when it happened (browsing this forum). Nothing I've not done hundreds of times before.

Anyone seen this before or have any ideas to fix it? The distorted screen is giving me helluva headache.
lol i guess you brows this forums too much :D, have you tried changing refresh rate, that is most likely the problem set it to default(75 hz)...if that don't work reinstall er video driver... :)