PDA

View Full Version : Statement concerning the Alt-Tab bug

Thanatos
01-06-04, 20:03
As promised (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=99946), we reviewed the current situation with the alt-tab bug with the team today and decided to go ahead and fix the bug. CoDi actually got a head-start and began working on it over Pentecost (Christian holiday).
Since it is a quite nasty bug, we can't tell exactly when a patch will be ready, but it should be done well within the next couple of weeks.

Until then, please use Neocron's window mode as explained in the Patch Notes (http://www.neocron.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=504&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0) or use this fix (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=99936) (requires installing an alternative Neocron Launcher).

Jest
01-06-04, 20:17
Thats good dedication if he worked on it during Pentecost... :wtf:

Eddie
01-06-04, 20:17
Thank you EVER so much for keeping us informed.

I'm glad that you regard this bus as important as we do, and I look forward to seeing a fix for it!

Eddie

MrChumble
01-06-04, 20:19
Great news, thanks KK. :)

Cruzbroker
01-06-04, 20:19
Now how glad would ppl be if it was fixed by end of the week :p

[TgR]KILLER
01-06-04, 20:20
WEE! :D good news good news.. hehe.. thanks for the info lads.. and gl on fixing it :) hope it gets fixed soon its a pain in the ass..

Dribble Joy
01-06-04, 21:20
SEX.

It's probably a right pain as it was in prep for dx9, but I think the sympathy from the playerbase is worth it.

Christ that sounded cheesy.

-FN-
01-06-04, 21:39
<3

I just hope I don't get too used to this maximized windowed version :lol:

alig
01-06-04, 21:41
Thats good dedication if he worked on it during Pentecost... :wtf:

I worked on bank holiday monday...life is toss.

Oh yeah, good.

Shadow Dancer
01-06-04, 21:42
Give Codi a pay raise.

Jest
01-06-04, 21:49
I worked on bank holiday monday...life is toss.
Hehe I was just kidding, it just seems odd to mention he started on that date since as far as I know not even Christians take the day off or anything.

tiikeri
01-06-04, 23:15
TY big time

SEX ;)

Praetorian
02-06-04, 00:13
What the...

KK will fix it! O_o

I mean... uhm... im shocked... what with all the events too... seems KK is making a real effort to please us... :D

I cannot tell you how happy I am to hear that this bug will be fixed... I almost had a nervous breakdown after logging onto different people all evening to cater for my clans tradeskill needs...

Now i can at least have 2 clients running EASILY... oh joy, oh happiness... I will go to bed a happy person now... :)

Disturbed021
02-06-04, 02:44
Thank you, thank you, thank you. :) :) :) :) :)

jernau
02-06-04, 03:39
Hehe I was just kidding, it just seems odd to mention he started on that date since as far as I know not even Christians take the day off or anything.
It's a Sunday, everyone takes the day off.

Working on the weekends sucks so thanks Codi.

RayBob
02-06-04, 09:32
You guys are a fine team and you have made what in my opinion is by far the best MMO. You simply need more people.

Weazle
02-06-04, 12:00
Give Codi a pay raise.

I agree :lol:

Thanks KK ..... an 800x600 window was getting quite ..... restrictive :D

amfest
02-06-04, 12:36
oh well .. a couple of weeks to find out if whatever they do to fix the alt tab bug might actually let me run neocron again. :\ You guys are lucky . . you bitched about a bug that just woudlnt' let you alt tab .. but I on the other hand don't even get that luxury .. since neocron doens't run at all for me :( Oh well .. to cancel or not to cancel .that is the question :confused:

zii
02-06-04, 15:36
Hats off to Codi for working on this during the holiday/weekend.

mystery8
02-06-04, 22:41
Great to hear, thanks!

greendonkeyuk
02-06-04, 23:57
well we asked for more feed back etc on issues and this is just what we were talking about. hats off to you guys for keeping us informed, it took a few mins to write but made 100s of people happy.

-=Daz=-
03-06-04, 00:46
Thanatos can u help me out plz i dnt get how to change the window modus..soz for my noobishness :confused:

Freeejumper
03-06-04, 01:19
hold shift and keep it hold while pressing launch neocron. then scroll down in the resolutions

-=Daz=-
03-06-04, 01:25
ty :)

Thanatos
03-06-04, 13:49
A patch with a fix for alt-tab has been applied to the test server.

uber java
03-06-04, 17:11
A patch with a fix for alt-tab has been applied to the test server.
Can you go ahead and release a patch for the ALT+TAB fix on Retail?

slaughteruall
03-06-04, 17:31
Can you go ahead and release a patch for the ALT+TAB fix on Retail?

Dont you think that it shuold be tested? might not work on all systems. Might cause mroe problems on some. It's always good to TEST something before you release it.

Slaughter

uber java
03-06-04, 18:14
Dont you think that it shuold be tested? might not work on all systems. Might cause mroe problems on some. It's always good to TEST something before you release it.

Slaughter
I have tested it, on three different computers. One has a GeForce 2, Other FX 5600, and the other a Radeon 9800 Pro, and it worked fine. Even if it doesn't fix EVERYONES Alt-Tab problem, it will still fix a lot of peoples problems.

slaughteruall
03-06-04, 18:46
I have tested it, on three different computers. One has a GeForce 2, Other FX 5600, and the other a Radeon 9800 Pro, and it worked fine. Even if it doesn't fix EVERYONES Alt-Tab problem, it will still fix a lot of peoples problems.

Dude for the love of god calm down already. I hate playing in windows mode like everyone else. But the patch has been on the test server for only a few hours now. It probally wont hit retail untill wednesday or thursday of next week. A good part of the comunity hasn't even had a chance to download the patch yet. It's only 12:45 here on the USA east coast. With peoples work and school schedules i would say at least 30% of the comunity havn't even tested it. Factor in different video drivers and OS's. Just be happy that there was a TS patch that had it on this week and not next week.

Slaughter

J. Folsom
03-06-04, 19:35
I have tested it, on three different computers. One has a GeForce 2, Other FX 5600, and the other a Radeon 9800 Pro, and it worked fine. Even if it doesn't fix EVERYONES Alt-Tab problem, it will still fix a lot of peoples problems.It's not about whether or not the Alt-Tab fix works, it's about whether or not it causes unforeseen other problems. For example, the Alt-Tab bug in itself was inadvertently caused by a preparation for BDoY, perhaps the fixing of the Alt-Tab bug causes some other glitches.

MrChumble
03-06-04, 20:14

I'd much rather they took a few extra days to make sure it's solid than rushed it out incomplete, possibly causing more problems (not to mention another patch to complete the job).

Jest
03-06-04, 20:23
"Measure twice, cut once" is a great phrase to keep in mind even in video games. ;)

Praetorian
04-06-04, 21:34
Damn, thats fast... Makes you wonder why they announced they knew about the problem but didnt want to fix it... :confused:

Well im not the one complaining, just as long as i can have my 2 clients running again... =) (not windowed, thank you very much!)

[VP]Orion
05-06-04, 11:18
And then people say that KK never listens to the playercommunity...

I'm just happy they proved all disbeliefers wrong.

amfest
06-06-04, 05:41
Orion']And then people say that KK never listens to the playercommunity...

I'm just happy they proved all disbeliefers wrong.
they do alot . . .but people tend to forget and bitch and moan about wanting their class on top or in their eyes equal.

It's that typical thing where people don't remember all the good you've done but if you mess up they seem to remember that more than anything else. In a society where most news is trying to dig up dirt on people it's pretty obvious why it's like that and gets worse all the time ;)

Dribble Joy
06-06-04, 13:43
......... perhaps the fixing of the Alt-Tab bug causes some other glitches.
There were several gfx errors that the fix brought in, though those have been fixed there may be others.
So there might be a teeny ikkle delay.

sir retail
07-06-04, 10:05
Thanx
hope you will solve it fast .. also for you.