PDA

View Full Version : Crazy sync problems

MrChumble
01-06-04, 19:24
I've been composing in my head a little post about how great droners are with the latest patch, and how well KK managed to re-do the drone line-up. They really have got it spot on and I'm well impressed.

But what's actually driven me out of game and onto the forums isn't a desire to butter up KK; actually I'm sat with 30% SI and have bugger all else to do, because once again I'm dying to irritating bugs in neocron.

Forgetting for the moment that I have -3 SL and bad FS, despite being LE'd, lets instead focus on the biggest problem brought on by the alt-tab issue: windows mode is the buggiest pile of wank in neocron. Which is saying a lot.

Every time I zone into or out of a dungeon I desync. Usually this takes the form of zoning, everyone appears, local list and RPOS fill as normal, then after 5 seconds or so everyone stops moving. 30 seconds later (in the unlikely event I can be arsed to wait that long before relogging) and I sync error. It's like it syncs me to the zone, gets everything going, then gets bored and fucks off for tea and biscuits.

That's kinda annoying. What's really annoying is that about 1 time in 5 I just sync bug right away and often (as just now, whoot 18% SI) get boned by an invisible mob which has been handily spawned right beside the entrance.

None of this happens in fullscreen mode, and seems unrelated to anything I can change (ie screen res and colour depth). Anyone else getting this or am I just uniquely blessed? :(

On the plus side, the new drone line-up really does rock :)

Edit: Wh00t I can't afford to buy my inv back and there's an aggy right beside my backpack :rolleyes: