PDA

View Full Version : Arggggggg

[TgR]KILLER
01-06-04, 18:38
fucking hell.. trying to type a god damn mail in nc is a fucking pain in the ass.. already redit it 5 times and i gotta do it again. i keep bloody hitting the windows button with my hand and gues what happends then :( :mad: :rolleyes:

ezza
01-06-04, 18:39
rofl nib :lol:

phunqe
01-06-04, 18:41
What is annoying as well is that you hit the TAB key to get from the recipient line to the subject line (as you do in regular email programs).
You know what happens then o_O

SirRah
01-06-04, 18:41
lol your hands are too big then :p

you got clown hands? :p

plague
01-06-04, 18:43
lol, yea nc mail is pain, you cAn't edit it properly it erases evrything when u go back :( ewww

Dribble Joy
01-06-04, 18:44
Aww.

I would laugh.. but that would be.. you know... mean.

ezza
01-06-04, 18:45
Aww.

I would laugh.. but that would be.. you know... mean.

:lol: isnt it just :p

SirRah
01-06-04, 18:45
you're already doing it :p

another pain is the IG forum. you cant edit posts there either.

MkVenner
01-06-04, 18:52
my push to talk button on TS is alt, so ill be talking and some one will say something like how much ammo you got, i hits tab to open RPOS forget to take finger offa alt and BAM, Black screen

ezza
01-06-04, 18:53
my push to talk button on TS is alt, so ill be talking and some one will say something like how much ammo you got, i hits tab to open RPOS forget to take finger offa alt and BAM, Black screen *s*******************

:D

Houston
01-06-04, 19:02
What is annoying as well is that you hit the TAB key to get from the recipient line to the subject line (as you do in regular email programs).
You know what happens then o_O
I do that all the time and yes it sucks.

[TgR]KILLER
01-06-04, 20:01
lol, yea nc mail is pain, you cAn't edit it properly it erases evrything when u go back :( ewww

that was fixed a few patches ago lol.. you can go type a mail and just go back with the arrows to edit :x

but yea the tab thing sucks lol.. i keep doing that alot to.. hit tab to go from subject to the mail and you well.. :x

{MD}GeistDamnit
01-06-04, 20:04
Why can't they make something in the code that disables the windows key? Operation Flashpoint has sutch code.

Drake6k
01-06-04, 20:12
You know what sucks? When someone trades with you when your typing a long email.

Jest
01-06-04, 20:14
Ah you poor full screen mode users. If only you play in window mode you'd see how much easier NC life is. An email open is no prob with windowed mode, though Im not sure why thats the case. :p

I mainly hate hitting tab. Thats the worst.

massic
01-06-04, 20:19
get a screwdriver and pop that windows key off your keyboard. No more accidental hits, u can still use it but you have to actually work for it now.

Mumblyfish
01-06-04, 20:26
I genuinely feel sorry for people who can't run all their games in windowmode :lol:

That said, somebody on these forums wrote a program that allows you to copy+paste into Neocron. I need to get it too, so I'll run a search for it.

StryfeX
01-06-04, 21:00
I Hate This Key (http://www.bytegems.com/ihatethiskey.shtml).

Get it.
Use it.
Love it.

I have been for the last 6 months. It's freakin handy. :D

--Stryfe

SilentEye
01-06-04, 21:05
Hey,

I hate it too, know what I always do?
I enter the name of who'm to send it to, and when I want to go the next text field to enter the topic I hit TAB, errrr, then the RPOS goes off again.

I open it up again, enter the name, just to hit TAB again, such anoying automatism.

Then I slowly do it, name, topic, whole email, guess what I then do?
In windows I hit TAB then SPACE BAR to click on Submit or what ever, so there RPOS goess off again, and I'm going to have to type the email again :mad:

I hope I made sense : )
Silent.

phunqe
01-06-04, 21:06
I Hate This Key (http://www.bytegems.com/ihatethiskey.shtml).

Get it.
Use it.
Love it.

I have been for the last 6 months. It's freakin handy. :D

--Stryfe

For some reason that software and homepage just screams SPYWARE to me o_O

Jest
01-06-04, 21:21
I open it up again, enter the name, just to hit TAB again, such anoying automatism. Hehe yah Ive done it as many as three consecutive times for the same email before. Must...not...hit...tab...again...

StryfeX
01-06-04, 21:23
For some reason that software and homepage just screams SPYWARE to me o_OYeah, it did to me at first too. I decided to give it a try anyway, and with ZoneAlarm up and running, the thing has never even attempted to phone home. Granted, I'm currently using an older version of it. (I don't remember what version exactly.)

--Stryfe

cRazy2003
01-06-04, 22:42
rofl nib :lol:

LOL!!

Vryce
02-06-04, 01:39
get a screwdriver and pop that windows key off your keyboard.

That's what I did; the button flew across the room and now it's gone (good riddance). :lol:

There was a way to disable the "Windows" key in Win98, but I don't about XP.

Sorin
02-06-04, 01:44
Hell yeah, just take a screw driver or knife to the windows key and you're set. I do that when certain keys are pissing me off. I just put them back on later. No need for entire progrrams and OS features to do what a knife can do better. :lol: :D

Mumblyfish
02-06-04, 01:47
I couldn't live without the windows key. Windows+D and Windows+L are lifesavers :lol:

plague
03-06-04, 00:55
KILLER']that was fixed a few patches ago lol.. you can go type a mail and just go back with the arrows to edit :x

but yea the tab thing sucks lol.. i keep doing that alot to.. hit tab to go from subject to the mail and you well.. :x
oh lol w0w they fixed somthing in nc no way :D haven't used it for last few years..:P

Shadow Dancer
03-06-04, 00:57
You know what sucks? When someone trades with you when your typing a long email.

lmfao

All these reasons are why I don't type long emails anymore.

Freeejumper
03-06-04, 00:59
i always love it when i write my email and press tab to get to the submit button :(

Morpheous
03-06-04, 02:54
Easy fix:

Write it in Notepad
Use the Neocron Paster utility to paste it in :p
Add subject and user and you're away

Freeejumper
03-06-04, 03:55
Easy fix:

Write it in Notepad
Use the Neocron Paster utility to paste it in :p
Add subject and user and you're away
never heard about that

amfest
03-06-04, 06:35
Yea i agree .. .make emails only sendable from Hometerms or the terms in Ops ;)

Sundiver
03-06-04, 07:50
They can't just disable the TAB either in RPOS mode.. problem is; If you are at an OP and checking status or sending message or something, and you are being attacked, you do not want to have to push a tricky key combo to get out of the RPOS, because you will most likely be dead by the time you get out of that screen, ready to fight.

I gave up on writing RP mails, as I kept hitting TAB to jump to the next field and lost it all. Very, very annoying. Think I actually smashed my hands in the keyboard when it happened once, had to search the whole room floor to ceiling to find all the keys, and find a photo of a keyboard to find those positions that I hadn't already memorized (have been typing the "professional" way since school).

The Citycom system is great in general, but has lots of weak spots. I hope it will be improved further in the future.