PDA

View Full Version : [SPOTTED] Neocron: Beyond Dome of York

sl33py
01-06-04, 16:37
Hi guys, i know its been a while since i posted, but things are so chaotic around here :p

Let me bring you some good news

PC Gameplay (http://www.pcgameplay.com) is one of the (if not the) biggest pc games magazine in Belgium and the Netherlands. In their 100th number they present to their readers an article about..

YES

NEOCRON : BEYOND DOME OF YORK. lets all sex those peoples that made that happen.

since due to some reasons, I cannot get the damned magazine at my location I want to ask any of you other belgians or those few runners from holland to buy the mag scan the article and post us the pictures :cool:

If needed, I volunteer to translate the whole article

Original monk
01-06-04, 16:43
Hi guys, i know its been a while since i posted, but things are so chaotic around here :p

Let me bring you some good news

PC Gameplay (http://www.pcgameplay.com) is one of the (if not the) biggest pc games magazine in Belgium and the Netherlands. In their 100th number they present to their readers an article about..

YES

NEOCRON : BEYOND DOME OF YORK. lets all sex those peoples that made that happen.

since due to some reasons, I cannot get the damned magazine at my location I want to ask any of you other belgians or those few runners from holland to buy the mag scan the article and post us the pictures :cool:

If needed, I volunteer to translate the whole article

extremely cool

i go get the magazine in a sec, its the most important gaming magazine in belgium, so its worth it :)

i gonna have troubles scanning it directly cause i gotta get home in a sec and my homescanners broke atm, but when i dont see it here tommorow ill post it :)

cool that ya posted it :)

greets, groetjes

Maester Seymour
01-06-04, 16:46
Heya Sleepy dude! :D

Great! Please someone scan piccies in, and translation would be good ;)

sl33py
01-06-04, 16:51
Like I said, I can't get it :(

That's why I posted it here :D

tomparadox
01-06-04, 16:55
omfg, wtf ryzom is on there? thats like beta and it sucks atm, i play it and your garentied to crash 2 or 3 seconds after you first logon then wait like 3 minets to logon agtain, because thats how long it takes, then half the damn servers are in debug mode so if your a high lvl mage your screwed O_o . the gfx arnt all that gr8 i have mine up to full and im not extremly impressed the devs dont read the forums worth a damn so yea, how the hell did that get on that mag O_o

anyway back ontopic wOOt DOYs on there, i get that magasine too...

Lexxuk
01-06-04, 16:58
omg, sleepy, hiya son <3

sl33py
01-06-04, 17:01
Hi lexxy

Q: What are three words you dread the most while making love?
A: "Honey, I'm home."

thats four words lex :p

ariall
01-06-04, 17:01
I'am reading this magazine now for 2 years. I brought the magazine few days ago, but they only speak about the features we already know from the DOY peeks and the DOY planfile. I can scan it, I hope my old win98 scanner will work this time.
But I am almost sure: PC gameplay magazine is the first games magazine with a DOY preview.

Lexxuk
01-06-04, 17:03
Hi lexxy

Q: What are three words you dread the most while making love?
A: "Honey, I'm home."

thats four words lex :p

Honey
I'm
Home

thats 3 words, ask your mother! its what she shouted at me when I came home son *cries*

sl33py
01-06-04, 17:04
I have been reading it since their 7th issue
:D

but since i moved out of belgium (for work) I cannot read it. Simply because they dont want to send it over to me. Pretty shitty huh.

I'm thinking of cancelling my subscription :( such a shame

Honey
I'm
Home

thats 3 words, ask your mother! its what she shouted at me when I came home son *cries*

I'm is not one word, but 2 -> I am

SL33PY > lexxuk

Lexxuk
01-06-04, 17:05
where you move to? and where you been? I aint seen you since, err, last year isnt it? O_o

sl33py
01-06-04, 17:07
been working, been here and there

been on the forum the whole time, just didnt feel like posting, too many peoples posting utter crap (like i am atm)

Maester Seymour
01-06-04, 17:19

been on the forum the whole time, just didnt feel like posting, too many peoples posting utter crap (like i am atm)

Pop ingame sometime and say ello to ur SSC pals when u got some time dude, we miss ya ya'know :p

I wonder if there is gonna be anything similar in some of the UK & US Gaming mags, i sure aint seen any yet but i'm sure it'd be good advertisement for NC if there was ;)

n3m
01-06-04, 17:20
cool

I'd translate it, but I don't have the mag here, and shops just closed :o

ariall
01-06-04, 17:23
Ok here they go, page 1 and page 2. ;)
I dont have the time tonight to translate it,
so if one of the Belguim/Dutch guys here is bored,
go ahead. :D

Lexxuk
01-06-04, 17:34

Shoulda posted sooner, i needed a sig that was funny to look at :p

Lexxuk > Sleepy :p

P4mp3rk3
01-06-04, 17:41
Sl33py, are you going to translate? Otherwise I'll do it...

Nice article, I knew most of the things they mention, but the "new quests, and more things to do in the wastelands" intrigue me :D

Huzar
01-06-04, 17:50
Some1 just translate it for a god sake... ;)

Lexxuk
01-06-04, 17:56
at the bottom, Wordt verwacth Q2 2004 = it is expected Q2 2004 :lol: :lol: :lol:

sl33py
01-06-04, 18:06
I'm on it

Introduction:
Neocron is still a very unique mmorpg. The game uses a first person combat interface, as one of the only games in the genre, opposed to the skillbased combot from many other mmorpg's. The combat in neocron is more then just a single click on the 'attack'-key and wait till the battle is over. In neocron you take control and are responsible for aiming, shooting and eliminating... and that is what all fans love!

It is one of the most important reasons why the game is still popular after 2 years. The developer Reakktor tought that it was more then necessary to put the game in a new jacket. That's why it will release this Beyond Dome of York datadisk. One of the most important features of this DOY add.-on is the graphical update that the whole game gets. The 2 year old tekktonic engine gets an update to its newest version, one that supports the newest directX 9 functions. Fans wont believe their eyes if they get to see the new look of familiar game. Lots of new gimmicks like the brand new watereeffects, dynamic lightning and realistic, advanced ingame character models (which includes even more sensual strippers) will be added.

Dome of York is another megacity, in the north of the Wastelands (neocron is in the south). There is a war going on between both of them for years now. The clans fron Neocron will be grouped together in this add-on. Same for the clans that are against the neocron regime (Black Dragons, etc.) will move to DoY, while the pro government clans will have their base of operations in Neocorn. This creates a closer bond between clans en the war between both cities will escalate to new heights.

The atmosphere in the new city is dark and sad, because it was destroyed several years ago in a nuclear bombardement by the Neocron government and it is still recovering from that event. Players stationed in Neocron, will only be able to enter Dome of york Fighting, the same for the doy stationed. New is that hackers, trough the new virtual world 'hacknet', can hack their way into the opposed city, to steal secret documents or to do some other mission. Players that developed the hackskill can use their virual alter ego in hacknet to battle against firewalls, antihack programms and other to force their way trough. It is a compete new virtual cyberworld within the game.

Also new is the glider, an armed aircraft, that adds a nice combat addition to the existing vehicles. A new taxi network has been grounded to get players across the city faster. The cab holds place for 2 players. It also provides a unique view on the city when you fly trough the city with high speed. Off course there will be a lot of new quests (mainly in the wastelands). New players will be trained in special newbie zones, more experienced players will get access to brand new skills. Another very nice addition is the NPc shops, they will sell your goods 24/24 while you are able to do something else.

Expected Q2 2004 (yeah yeah out of date, we all know its Q3)

thats it pweew
Edit: Fuck spelling

Lethys
01-06-04, 18:18
the game is still popular after 2 years.

:wtf:

If you say so.

VVerevvolf
01-06-04, 18:20
:wtf:

If you say so.
Go trolling around somewhere else, kthxbye.

Sundiver
01-06-04, 18:27
Wow.... just... WOW !! 8| :D

sl33py
01-06-04, 18:30
translation done, enjoy and give me your money :p

(you can also sex me if you can catch meh)

*SL33PY runs :D

craio
01-06-04, 18:54
Not trying to criticise anything but why do i get the impression they just read the peaks ? (except for the glider part).
Didnt Callash deny the nuclear strike or was he just trying to cover it up?
Link to post (http://neocron.jafc.de/showpost.php?p=1297993)
So if this was a new article they wouldnt say that again ,right?

msdong
01-06-04, 18:59
damn , its all about the nice water .....

hope KK adds that on the Box.

"Improved playability because of the new fancy water effects" ;)

sl33py
01-06-04, 19:00
craio, take it up with the pcgameplay redaction. They wrote it, checked it, published it.

Too bad their readers were so fucked they closed down the forums after .. 2 months or something, otherwise you could have posted your question there, fact is, its going to remain unanswered around here.

Grtz SL33PY

ps darknessfairy == sex

Lethys
01-06-04, 19:04
Go trolling around somewhere else, kthxbye.

FFXI has 30 servers, each of which hits 5000+ players at peak time. That's 150,000 players online at any one time. In NC, we're lucky to see 1,000 players online.

Don't get me wrong, I love NC, but to call it popular is a barefaced lie. But then, 90% of marketing is lies anyway, so it's all good.

Original monk
01-06-04, 19:11
Don't get me wrong, I love NC, but to call it popular is a barefaced lie. But then, 90% of marketing is lies anyway, so it's all good.

i have to admit he's right here

especially the last part of the sentance :P

90% ... so its all good :)

sl33py
01-06-04, 19:17
please lets all stay on the joyous topic:

NC is getting coverage!

tbh I dont fucking care what coverage, where it originates from, wether its 100% up to date or not, something is always better then nothing.

In the same magazine, nc got a halfpage review 2 years ago, now we get more then a page preview, i think that is a damn good thing

Also, havent you guys noticed, but those screenshots look like they were taken from a laptop or something.. e3?

or is it the scanner quality??

all those mysteries make life interesting doesn't it :D

mishkin
01-06-04, 19:17
Nice :)

Good job Sl33py!

Still, no paper has anything that the net can't offer... It's just harder to find it on the net :p

Lexxuk
01-06-04, 19:23

/me gives you money

/me sex's sl33py

/me takes money back for callin other people sex >.<

Prodigious
01-06-04, 19:35
PCZone (UK) put some coverage in their online section maybe 2 months ago, it was only like a paragraph long but it had screenshots from the sneak peak and told about the updated graphics and new city...............and that was the month after i emailed them asking to give NC some coverage :D

(i know it prolly had nothing to do with me but dont tell me that becuase i enjoy pretending it did)

VetteroX
01-06-04, 19:44
Posative: NC getting coverage

Negative: Lies, such as its popular, and EVERYWHERE you go to see NC: BDoY its the same like 5 screens... the same 5 or 6 screens we have seen for like a year now. That doesnt inspire confidence.

Biznatchy
01-06-04, 19:53

If they didnt remove the emotes would do

Thanks for the info

sl33py
01-06-04, 20:56
weird...

i got a char on uranus that is sex-ing 24/7, without me doing anything

Strych9
01-06-04, 20:56
Yeah, Neocron isnt popular.

Look how empty these forums are.

:rolleyes:

Sorry kids, but popular doesnt have to mean that it has the highest server counts on the planet. Even just being popular amongst a niche group (which is all this game ever hoped to be) is still being popular.

So what, you expect Neocron to have 150,000 players online all at once? The game simply cant handle that- you know it, I know it, KK knows it. So stop acting like it should be at that level.

darknessfairy
01-06-04, 21:11
ps darknessfairy == sex

wtf??? lol im in your sig still :p wheee

back on topic, wheee 4 the advert. boo for teh small writing, which looks like its in german

P4mp3rk3
01-06-04, 21:15
wtf??? lol im in your sig still :p wheee

back on topic, wheee 4 the advert. boo for teh small writing, which looks like its in german

it's in dutch!!! not in german!!

send me underwear (unused, or used but washed) and I'll forgive you for that

darknessfairy
01-06-04, 21:24
it's in dutch!!! not in german!!

send me underwear (unused, or used but washed) and I'll forgive you for that

well excuse me for not beign very awake....i have just worked 12 hours :p

and no one gets my underwear....

*sobs* i dont wanna be famous any more :(

spongeb0b
01-06-04, 21:27
do i get underwear? (nice advert btw)

darknessfairy
01-06-04, 21:29
do i get underwear? (nice advert btw)
you get to SEE my underwear, thats the most you'll get....
now stay ontopic please. We don't want you turning into lexxy :p

FireWarrior
01-06-04, 22:16
lmao, after reading this topic I e-mailed a danish gaming mag i subscribe to and told them to give BDOY some up-to-date coverage :D

Don't ask me why I did it...

Btw, can i get some of that underwear as well?

Lexxuk
01-06-04, 22:53
you get to SEE my underwear, thats the most you'll get....
now stay ontopic please. We don't want you turning into lexxy :p

Exactly, coz only I actually get to wear her underwear! :angel:

spongeb0b
01-06-04, 23:34
DF's underwear does not look comfy for men ;)

ps: Lexx keep your cross dressing notions to yourself pls and stay on topic :p (buy BDOY!<----- my advert)

Clownst0pper
02-06-04, 00:08
PCZONE are to cover DOY next month or the month after, cant remember which, they promised an indepth preview afew months back, as to them Neocron is "The best MMORPG on the market"

Epsilon 5
02-06-04, 00:12
Didnt Callash deny the nuclear strike or was he just trying to cover it up?
Link to post (http://neocron.jafc.de/showpost.php?p=1297993)
So if this was a new article they wouldnt say that again ,right?

Neocron will not launch a missile at DoY.

"A" missile .. maybe not .. 274 of them?

Morganth
02-06-04, 04:50
After reading this post I think it would be a good idea for any and all that can get a load of info about Neocron/BDOY together with some links etc and send them to magazines/websites asking them to put a little article in.

Whoever said the community couldn't do what CDV forgot to do.

olavski
02-06-04, 09:40
hehe, not a single negative word in the preview, that's kind of unrealistic. :D

But it's good to see more of this coming up in the mags.

jernau
02-06-04, 09:53
PCZONE are to cover DOY next month or the month after, cant remember which, they promised an indepth preview afew months back, as to them Neocron is "The best MMORPG on the market"Someone there plays I'm sure. They've had at least two multi-page articles on the game and several small mentions. That's probably more than half the total coverage the game has had so far in total.

/edit @ tomsparadox - SoR was scheduled for launch this month which is presumably why it's in that magazine. I won't go over the points you mentioned specifically as this isn't the place but I will point out that Nevrax have just announced that SoR is going back into private (ie not beta-testing anymore) development and testing for at least three months because it's not ready yet. I wish more MMORPG companies had done this in the past, KK included. SoR has as much going for it as NC IMO and this decision should give it a much greater chance of success when it does get released.

/edit - Nice one sl33py :).

sl33py
02-06-04, 10:19
hi jernau, long time no see

anyways for those longing to get a possible glimpse of DF's underwear go to #1 inofficial neocron chatchannel (irc://irc.enterthegame.com:6667/neocron) on the EnterTheGame IRC Network (http://www.enterthegame.com)

Let's show CDV how they should have done their job in the past :p, Community Power! :D

*donces*

darknessfairy
02-06-04, 10:36
*sigh* you all want to see my underwear??? Fine!
Go here (http://www.marksandspencer.com/Images/Catalog/Product/D/T610712D.jpg?Floral%20Print%20Full%)

Lexxuk
02-06-04, 11:00
Lies, we all know you wear...

http://www.madhouse.co.uk/acatalog/benmultiBIG.jpg

What with you being a man and all that :angel:

darknessfairy
02-06-04, 11:08
Actually my favourite pair of underwear is these (http://www.marksandspencer.com/Images/Catalog/Product/D/T812623D.jpg?Smoothlines®%)

altho i do tend to wear ones like these (http://www.marksandspencer.com/Images/Catalog/Product/D/T812622D.jpg?Chantilly String)

Lexxuk
02-06-04, 11:12
I prefer my little blue number that I wear all the time

http://www.dgwebb.force9.co.uk/fav2.jpg

does my bum look big in that? :angel:

/edit - you shouldnt really be showing ur panties to these lot, they dont have the self control I do...

http://www.dgwebb.force9.co.uk/fap.gif and all that *coff*

darknessfairy
02-06-04, 11:23
lol it's ok i've accepted now that they are all perverts :p (see the amount of people asking for my underwear :p)

either way, there is only 3 people who see my underwear. Me, bob and my mummy when she washes them :lol:

Lexxuk
02-06-04, 11:25
eww, why would anyone want your underwear? god knows what you've been upto in them, and he probably blushes at them thoughts >.<

/me goes back under my rock

Freya
02-06-04, 14:27
ok guys, back on topic please

darknessfairy
02-06-04, 15:06
sorry freya :(

Anyways back on topic...Does anyone know whether they are goin to have something like that in any english magazines?
Cos i'd buy them....

OR....we could all campaign to one english mag, and if everyone writes in sayin they should do a preview of BDOY then maybe they might do something, and then we get players, and then we stop people moaning about server counts....

Of course i'd tell people that they should join uranus....

OMG they could interview me about the game!

Im so clever...

Prodigious
02-06-04, 22:32
i know for a fact that PCZone had a double page spread review of Neocron and it scored 85%

so yes someone probably does play it lol......

i have read that mag for over 5 years now, but dont remember anything else on NC,

but yes it did have a little paragraph as i said and clowstopper is right in saying that it will have an up to date preview in coming months.....

PCZone is the best UK mag by far i think, and it gave us 85%....

im not joking in saying they are very honest with their scoring....
was a while ago now though

back then pluto had 200people online 8|

jernau
02-06-04, 22:41
They had a 2-page review when NC came out. Then about 6-12 months later they had a similar sized recap-review type of thing because "MMORPGs take time to bed in so we are re-visiting some of them" or words to that effect.

I have both somewhere but I have no idea where.

There were also a few little things like "DoY out soon", "DoY out soon" and.. erm.. "DoY out soon". ;)

PC Zone was also the first place I heard of Neocron - they got wind of during beta 2 or 3 somehow. Only a brief mention back then but enough to make me visit the website to learn more.

IMO there are no other Gamer mags in the UK worth mentioning and haven't been for a long time now.

Prodigious
02-06-04, 22:58
PC Zone was also the first place I heard of Neocron - they got wind of during beta 2 or 3 somehow. Only a brief mention back then but enough to make me visit the website to learn more.

IMO there are no other Gamer mags in the UK worth mentioning and haven't been for a long time now.

same as me for both of those

but lets not turn this into a "big up PCZ thread"

btw ive had my name in that twice :) once in the mailbox bout the greek gaming ban and once i won the stupid cheat compo getting a z steel soldiers hip flask :D

if they do have a preview of it i will know by tomorow when its out (but cos my shop is crap i probably wont get it till friday)

if anyone subscribes they may have a copy of the new mag already, but i somehow doubt if there is anything it will be anything other than "the same 6 screenshots"

we(we? i mean neocron) need more publicity tho

dark_reaper
04-06-04, 08:34
I was able to get in contact of an PC Gamer magazine and they might actually consider reviewing the game.