PDA

View Full Version : Resting = healing

amfest
01-06-04, 14:42
I was playing risk your life and I noticed it had a sit function where you can just sit down on the ground anywhere .. which isnt' really that important except that sitting speeds up your healing and skill recovery or what not by 5%.

So I thought to myself, why not have this in neocron in a way. Well we don't need to sit anywhere but how about when you sit on a bench or a chair of some sort you speed up your healing recovery some. Would be nice for new characters who level with the mutants and beggers over by biotech HQ since those rooms have tables and chairs. You coudl clear out and then sit and heal up wwaiting for respawn in a room. You could level at CRP and then run inside and heal up on one of the many chairs. Would be great for those APUs who got a lil too toasty with a grim chaser outside. There are quite a few buildings spread around the waste that actually have chairs thrown in them that could help for characters with slow heals or no heals at all.

Dribble Joy
01-06-04, 14:44
Crouching increases the rate sta, psi and hp recovers, also spells last longer.

Radamez
01-06-04, 14:47

and Stealth if i'm not mistaken :D

MkVenner
01-06-04, 14:47
Didnt sitting used to speed up the SI loss?

Think i'd make sense imo

djskum
01-06-04, 14:51
and Stealth if i'm not mistaken :D

And poison ;-)

DjSKum

amfest
01-06-04, 14:51
maybe so dribble joy but i still think sitting should have a recovery rate that makes you say . . I'm resting. A crouch isn't as relaxing as sitting on a chair. (well at least to most people i know :P )

extract
01-06-04, 14:52
And poison ;-)

DjSKum

but poison beam/barrel does dmg in ticks not in time....so really whether it ticks faster or slower ur still gonna take the same amount of dmg :p

Drake6k
01-06-04, 14:53
Why cant /sit work? You should be able to sit on the ground. It would add a lot to RP and help noobs heal. I think it would be cool if tanks had to sit down in plaza 3 to heal :lol:

Dribble Joy
01-06-04, 14:53
Didn't say I disagreed :p.

Yes with new emotes such as sitting/lying down/sleeping, stat recoverly should be accelerated.

n3m
01-06-04, 14:59
yeah then apus have another way of healing besides eating 20medkits to gain 20 hps :D

amfest
01-06-04, 14:59
Didn't say I disagreed :p.

Yes with new emotes such as sitting/lying down/sleeping, stat recoverly should be accelerated.
oh my bad .. :O

heh well you didn't say much else so I took it you were saying that to say there's your faster stat recovery :p

Yea i'd like to have more actions like those but I know I'm pushing it asking for that .. so sit healing it is :D

Maarten
01-06-04, 15:29
PSI spells have a longer effect when you crouch, but I also noticed the PSI pool regenerates slower when you crouch.

Would be cool if you could attack while sitting. Imagine it... :)

Maloch Octavia
01-06-04, 17:57
I want a lie down function too!

mishkin
01-06-04, 18:00
Well... the overall effect of crouching = sitting on a vehicle... = (?) sitting on a chair

Just pointing out that I think this is actually already true :rolleyes:

amfest
01-06-04, 21:56
PSI spells have a longer effect when you crouch, but I also noticed the PSI pool regenerates slower when you crouch.

Would be cool if you could attack while sitting. Imagine it... :)yea that would be cool but I wish the sitting position looked wayyy better than what it looks like now. also I'd like to see random animations happen while you're just sitting there.

Yea healing somewhat faster while sitting in a vehicle would work also. Add in more uses for vehicles and we can quit getting the whinners who say vehicle subskill should be taken out or the low end vehicles should have no req when the lowest one only takes 12 points -_-;;

But that's another discussion all together .. just chairs and benches. Being able to lay down on beds would be another good option ;)

-=Daz=-
02-06-04, 21:22
there are alot of mmo's which use this idea....cant understand why this wasnt done sooner :confused: