PDA

View Full Version : Neocron words/slang help

Napalm82
01-06-04, 09:15
Good day.

I currently made a story for a video that im gonna make in NeoCron, with voices and everything.

HOWEVER, I seem to be using too cummon words and are now looking for some CyberPunk slang, just cummon words and maybe titles for classes and so on. IF you have anything on your mind that might be able to help me i would appreciate it and hopefully make a new kind of NeoCron movie.

Words that im thinking about using:
"Chum" "Chummer" borrowed from ShadowRun books.
"Clone Division" NCPD's runner division (Tanks)
"Crahn offensive elite" APU monk in PA
"Rigger" Droner SPY class (NC term)
"Decker" Hacking PE's (ShadowRun again)
"Plugged" People using LE's (Also "un-plugged" if not)
"Meat Bag" Droners body when droning (NC term)

Thx in advance guys.

- Napalm

WebShock
01-06-04, 09:25
kacknoob

someone who finds a rare cannon, doesnt know how to handle it and ends up disintegrating himself.

someone who pulls a weapon and gets owned before he gets a shot off

someone who shits himself when he see's that big badass moon man staring at him with a sausage of doom (devil's grace)

naa seriously, i look forward to your video

Napalm82
01-06-04, 09:26
i would prefer not to use the word "n00b" because it is a game related word, like l33t and so on.

- Napalm

/EDIT and the movie will take a while in the making, since i cant do ALL voices myself AND my windows movie maker keeps crashing for some reason (Might be bacause i edit 5 gig of video at a time) /EDIT

Napalm82
01-06-04, 11:12
Found some more stuff from http://www.ssgfx.com/CP2020/slang/
I think all i need now is some bad language and maybe some cryptic words (The main char. meets a streetwise hacker who uses a LOT of slang all the time)

Bakebrain:
n. General purpose derogatory term indicating someone with limited or damage mental faculties (frequently due to excessive use of neural cyberware.)

Berserkide:
n. Any combat drug

Bithead:
n. Slang term for a hacker or "nerdy" computer enthusiast.

Bit Jockey:
ph. Programmer.

Blowing Your Buffer:
ph. Losing one's train of thought. Occurs when the person you're speaking with won't let you get a word in edgewise or has just said something so astonishing that your train of thought gets derailed. "Damn, I just blew my buffer!"

Brownbaggers:
n. Derogatory street term for homeless alcoholics, constantly seen carrying their bottles of cheap booze wrapped in brown paper bags.

Drek:
n. Common curse word (From Yiddish, meaning "shit".) adj: drekky.

Grease the Weasel:
NO, THAT'S NOT WHAT IT MEANS! GET YOUR MIND OUT OF THE GUTTER!! ph. To schmooze, mingle, make yourself known to others (especially at parties, clubs, or other social gatherings.)

Ice:
n. 1) Security software. Intrusion Countermeasures, or IC.

Icebreaker:
n. Any program or software designed to penetrate or foil ice.

- Napalm (Sorry, it was a long one)

/EDIT (Rigger is also a shadowrun term, it is for the people who either jack into a vehicle or a remote control deck to use vehicles or robots remotely.) Thx Suler, might as well give the proper credit /EDIT

Benjie
01-06-04, 11:17
"Chum" "Chummer" :- Dude
"Clone Division" :- Ganked!!11
"Crahn offensive elite" :- NERF!!
"Rigger" :- Noob
"Decker" :- BELTS!!!
"Plugged" :- X-ploiter
"Meat Bag" :- Bag meat Meatbad, Meatbag Meat Bag.

Okay, seriously.

Cloak/ed - Stealth/ed (ghost in the shell)
Spy - Spy using Spy techniques IE Holovests.
Hiding - In the sewers
Genetic - Tank
Crahn - Monks. (make all monks crahn, it feels cool)
"Just some guy" - Private Eye

SilentEye
01-06-04, 12:32
/EDIT and the movie will take a while in the making, since i cant do ALL voices myself AND my windows movie maker keeps crashing for some reason (Might be bacause i edit 5 gig of video at a time) /EDIT

So that means I'm out, okay. O_o

cRazy2003
01-06-04, 12:34
Good day.

I currently made a story for a video that im gonna make in NeoCron, with voices and everything.

HOWEVER, I seem to be using too cummon words and are now looking for some CyberPunk slang, just cummon words and maybe titles for classes and so on. IF you have anything on your mind that might be able to help me i would appreciate it and hopefully make a new kind of NeoCron movie.

Words that im thinking about using:
"Chum" "Chummer" borrowed from ShadowRun books.
"Clone Division" NCPD's runner division (Tanks)
"Crahn offensive elite" APU monk in PA
"Rigger" Droner SPY class (NC term)
"Decker" Hacking PE's (ShadowRun again)
"Plugged" People using LE's (Also "un-plugged" if not)
"Meat Bag" Droners body when droning (NC term)

Thx in advance guys.

- Napalm

what the hell, ive only heard one of those being used in normal conversation so wtf

Q`alooaith
01-06-04, 12:49
I've seen them all used in NC..

Also note, meatsack is also a term of droner's while OOB..

Siygess
01-06-04, 12:50
Thats actually the point, Crazy ;)

Napalm, I'll flick through my copy of Cyberpunk 2020 and Neuromancer and dig up some more "real" Cyberpunk slang for you :)

Siygess
01-06-04, 12:51
Strictly speaking, a meatsack would be a runner who wasn't wearing PA and wasn't packed full of implants :)

EDIT: Found some links to Cyberpunk slang. Ah, its bringing back some memories, I can tell you:

http://users.bigpond.net.au/imagines/rpgs/cpfbslng.html

http://www.ssgfx.com/CP2020/slang/

hinch
01-06-04, 13:39
personally i like ASS HAT

nice and quietly talking to fenix on TS and all of a sudden ASS HAT comes screaming out over ts cracks me up every time.

first time he did it i spat coke outta my nose

Napalm82
01-06-04, 16:35
@ Silent.
Your not out mate, we just didnt get any further so im gettin everything ready (Slang terms/ Screenplay/ How the enviroment should look/ what items are needed and so on)

Cant' expect me to just say..."Hey..lets make a movie? about what ya say? uhh...i'll find out on the way) :lol:

- Napalm

Tratos
01-06-04, 16:39
so this movie is going to be in a "RedvsBlue" (http://www.redvsblue.com) style? such as using the game engine for the animation and then putting sound over the top

Sounds cool
Good luck with it, sorry i didnt provide any help just thought id say hope it works well

MkVenner
01-06-04, 16:43
sweet a neocron full length feature movie :D

got any actors yet ;)

n e way good luch with it, cant think of any neocron slang lol

Napalm82
01-06-04, 16:45
Not exactly a full lenght movie, more like a serie.

And yes..kinde like RedvsBlue (Just saw it now) /EDIT Just a bit more serious than RedvsBlue /EDIT

- Napalm

FuzzyDuck
01-06-04, 19:43
undercrackers - a regional dialect term for underware (perhaps you should get everyone from TG talking with Yorkshire accents)

Edit:\ I was goin' down t'Neocron when this tank, big bastard 'e were, pulled out his CS and were like "OMG n00b" and I were like "hey m'laddy" and 'e were like firing t'CS at me and I were like...... (you get the idea).

Dribble Joy
01-06-04, 20:49
By 'eck. Tere's trouble down pit.

cRazy2003
01-06-04, 21:19
personally i like ASS HAT

nice and quietly talking to fenix on TS and all of a sudden ASS HAT comes screaming out over ts cracks me up every time.

first time he did it i spat coke outta my nose

hinch has taste
i like that
<3

Darkborg
02-06-04, 00:13
Taste Heck Who doesent like Coke :p

Lareolan
02-06-04, 03:55
If you would like some cool slang to use, I'd advise you look into the lingo of Planescape (A 2nd ed. AD&D setting) that has a complete set of words for most issues including at least 30 cool insults. If you need a listing or help finding them, PM me and I could help you. (I also got the actual books with several pages of slang in the back)

Now sod off berk! :p

Lareolan
02-06-04, 03:57
Strictly speaking, a meatsack would be a runner who wasn't wearing PA and wasn't packed full of implants :)

EDIT: Found some links to Cyberpunk slang. Ah, its bringing back some memories, I can tell you:

http://users.bigpond.net.au/imagines/rpgs/cpfbslng.html

http://www.ssgfx.com/CP2020/slang/

WEE!!! Ah, the memories! Cyberpunk2020 rules! I wish 'cron could be even remotely close in quality :(

JiNxY
02-06-04, 04:14
Scunner - somebody who annoys you
Droog - a friend in your gang.

scunner is scottish or something i heard it first while up there on holiday.
and droog is from clockwork orange