PDA

View Full Version : First Step towards 3 star Tanks

naimex
01-06-04, 08:08
Ok, I had my first bug in 4 months just now..

and tbh... I LIKED IT !!

Ok, fine so I looked like a weak little spy..

but LOOK AT THE RANK !!

This is the first step towards 3 starred tanks ;)

Why did it have to disappear when I zoned :(

http://www.naimex.dk/tankrank.jpg

Zaq
01-06-04, 09:19
Naim how how can you play with such a low resolution !!??!?!! :p

yeah looks like you warped into a spy.

naimex
01-06-04, 10:37
Naim how how can you play with such a low resolution !!??!?!! :p

yeah looks like you warped into a spy.

hmm...

uhh...

desktop is at 1600x1200
game is at 800x600

itīs good for FPS in heavy areas ;)

Garg [RogueNET]
01-06-04, 10:59
i have a pic with my tank with 3 star rank... =D (posting pic when i get home)

Dajuda
01-06-04, 11:00
Why do people care what their rank is .. other people know if you suck or not without looking at your rank.

Original monk
01-06-04, 11:39
my tank had 3 stars naturally by itself for a while ... then KK nerfed tankranks snif ...

i never got over it, ok ranks dont mean anything, but back then i was pretty new to the game and those 3 stars where sooo cool :P

naimex
01-06-04, 11:44
Why do people care what their rank is .. other people know if you suck or not without looking at your rank.

itīs a matter of principles..

*** > ** > *

meaning

*** + tank = tank > all

ezza
01-06-04, 12:13
its something nice and fun and is something to aim for.

and its good when you take people down, i kill a 2 star monk im like meh, i kill a 3 star monk and his tag might become part of my collection

ive had a 3 star tank once, but mine was also from becoming a spy :(

they did have 3 star tanks naturally once upon atime(and no not from vehicles)

i have a pic of With slit wrists and _Uman_ one drugged up to use PA3 one using PA2, one had rank of 77/xx other had 71/xx iirc now the drugs didnt effect rank cos they gave no H-C bonus, it was only from the PA bonus that the 3 stars arrived.

yet now we are able to use PA3 yet can not get about 66(?)

not sure what you can get with beast now as my intel setup means i have a little lower rank as not recapped str yet.

but with Pa3 on and useing beast at cap i will get about 62-64 proberbly, this is hell of a lot less than spies with there 80+ ranks

yet whos the most dangerous, a tank made for war, or a spy.... tanks deserve the 3 stars.

http://ezzaneocron.20megsfree.com/images/uberrank.jpg

Original monk
01-06-04, 12:17
i still dont know why they nerfed tankranks in the firstplace :/

was it on purpose or was it a small accident/bug when one of them new patches came out ... i remember the patches giving alot of troubles back then ... like loads of wiped appartments and such :/

dunno, was about 1,5 year ago so its kind of blurry in my memory :)

SilentEye
01-06-04, 12:18
Spys like peanuts. If you're ever going to feed a spy, buy peanuts.

Original monk
01-06-04, 12:19
Spys like peanuts. If you're ever going to feed a spy, buy peanuts.

tanks like spy's, if you're ever going to feed a tank, get em some spy's :)

ezza
01-06-04, 12:21
i still dont know why they nerfed tankranks in the firstplace :/

was it on purpose or was it a small accident/bug when one of them new patches came out ... i remember the patches giving alot of troubles back then ... like loads of wiped appartments and such :/

dunno, was about 1,5 year ago so its kind of blurry in my memory :)

i thinka few whiney people complained that the rank was to high.

seeing as monks and spies, and PEs can all get high ranks, i see no reason tanks shouldnt get the high rank also.

when i attack a enemy, i want him to see black dragon with 3 stars all in red in those last moments before i tear him apart with plasma

Mumblyfish
01-06-04, 12:23
Wow. So while I'm trying desperately to use a Silent Hunter while keeping my rank below 65, there's people trying to raise it?

Utter hoodally.

ezza
01-06-04, 12:25
Wow. So while I'm trying desperately to use a Silent Hunter while keeping my rank below 65, there's people trying to raise it?

Utter hoodally.
rofl, its funny cos my spies ranked 60/52 and im like damn you rank raise!!!

yes i do want a *** on my tank, bear in mind im pretty much capped, i think once you reaach the cap/get the good weapons/armour then you should hit the 3 stars.

i love my test server spy with his *** 80/xx rank from his first love(he dont have a SA in either)

Vid Gamer
01-06-04, 15:41
With an artifact DB and 245 HC and 86 WEP (from HC1 and Beast) I got a CR of 65.

We must need like 300 HC to get a CR of 80+ or something... O_o

Original monk
01-06-04, 15:43
With an artifact DB and 245 HC and 86 WEP (from HC1 and Beast) I got a CR of 65.

We must need like 300 HC to get a CR of 80+ or something... O_o

must be do-able not ?

fortress, tankkami, HCboost3, move on, herc, marine and some drugs .. dunno what that gets ya but its worth trying :)

ezza
01-06-04, 15:49
must be do-able not ?

fortress, tankkami, HCboost3, move on, herc, marine and some drugs .. dunno what that gets ya but its worth trying :)
someone must of tried this already, though im guessing proberbly get 68 at tops

however needing ppus buffs and ppu and a herc to get it is not the way it should be

tomparadox
01-06-04, 16:35
someone must of tried this already, though im guessing proberbly get 68 at tops

however needing ppus buffs and ppu and a herc to get it is not the way it should be

yea... i think something needs to be redone i meen comeon tanks have TL 115 rares to and they get a max rank of probly 68? when a spy can get a rank of 70 - 80 + from an FL? :wtf: , and not to mention it takes all your str almost into HC to get it cus melee ranks with the new TL changes is max iv seen is around 60/##.

greendonkeyuk
01-06-04, 16:40
yea... i think something needs to be redone i meen comeon tanks have TL 115 rares to and they get a max rank of probly 68? when a spy can get a rank of 70 - 80 + from an FL? :wtf: , and not to mention it takes all your str almost into HC to get it cus melee ranks with the new TL changes is max iv seen is around 60/##.

err FL is TL114.... personally id rather see all the ranks brought up to a similar level regardless of class when you get to a certain point. Ie capped main stat 3 levels off 2ndary stat u get rank xx (regardless of class). not sure whether this would work with hybrids or not (i guess it would make them quicker to level) but at least everyone else would be on a level playing field and most importantly noone would be left out. its nicely balanced then. (tried not to add that dreaded word into my post but had to, oh here it is again, balance balance balance) :)

tomparadox
01-06-04, 16:44
err FL is TL114.... personally id rather see all the ranks brought up to a similar level regardless of class when you get to a certain point. Ie capped main stat 3 levels off 2ndary stat u get rank xx (regardless of class). not sure whether this would work with hybrids or not (i guess it would make them quicker to level) but at least everyone else would be on a level playing field and most importantly noone would be left out. its nicely balanced then. (tried not to add that dreaded word into my post but had to, oh here it is again, balance balance balance)

i know its 114 =p im saying that why should a spy, who dosent spend all there points in rifle, dosent half to devote all of there dex to one skill to get around rank 80+ with that rifle when a tank has to devote all of his strength to HC to get a measly 66/## most of the time?

edit: i agree with your post was jest makeing mine a bit more clear, sorta like a addon to the one i posted.

Vid Gamer
01-06-04, 17:14
Melee is the same way.

Capping the DG is pretty easy, and it's a TL115 weapon yet we only get like around 60 CR.

ezza
01-06-04, 17:16
Melee is the same way.

Capping the DG is pretty easy, and it's a TL115 weapon yet we only get like around 60 CR.
yup and look how long it took for melee to get to just that rank of 60/xx

nevermind 70-80 ranks

tomparadox
01-06-04, 17:18
yup and look how long it took for melee to get to just that rank of 60/xx
yep, they removed *** tanks in beta or start of retail or something, because they used to get a HUGE gain in rank from armor and were like 127/## with PA on O_o , maby spys and shit are geting an armor bones sens they have the same TL spells/guns?

Garg [RogueNET]
01-06-04, 18:54
http://www.orcplanet.com/uploader/images/28587.jpeg

Rawr!

ezza
01-06-04, 18:56
sniff, i wanna 108 ranked tank too :(

alig
01-06-04, 19:30
Its shit, tanks should have higher ranks than any class in combat....what other class has 220+ skill? hmm...none, the closest char i have to that would be my pistol pe with 187 p-c (my mc has like 260) and my rifler with 185 r-c i get 77/ with a SH...my tank gets 62/ with 4 slot moonie, bullshit.

Mumblyfish
01-06-04, 19:37
Haven't you stopped to think that maybe... just maybe... a lower rank is far superior to a high rank? I just don't want you people nerfing tanks just so that you can have a bigger number over your heads.

VetteroX
01-06-04, 19:54
I agree with daj... rank doesnt mean anything. My tank is like 55/62 with pa on....My pe is like 59/65. even my rifle pe is only 64/64 or something. I know how I could get it to a much higher rank but I couldnt care less, the setups I have obveously work.

naimex
01-06-04, 20:24
I couldnīt care less if I stopped getting money from mobs anymore, which is my only source of income, if I could get a 3 star over my head... just running around, screaming "FEAR ME" I am evil.

seriously..

running around with a 55/65 rank just makes you look like a little school girl.

Mumblyfish
01-06-04, 20:27
I get mega drops and cash on my rank 63 spy. And I had to work to get it that low. You tanks don't know how lucky you are...

alig
01-06-04, 21:40
Mobs and exp mean nothing to most people...dude the game is 2 years old and we hardly have masses of new people...everyone is capped just about. Doombeamer should give tanks a 3 star rank...and people dont use doombeamer to level up unless they are capped anyway (well most people cant use doombeamer till they are capped or have gimpy imps in).

ezza
01-06-04, 23:20
I agree with daj... rank doesnt mean anything. My tank is like 55/62 with pa on....My pe is like 59/65. even my rifle pe is only 64/64 or something. I know how I could get it to a much higher rank but I couldnt care less, the setups I have obveously work.
it doesnt mean that much true, but would it effect you really that much if it was like the other classes with higher rank?

Epsilon 5
02-06-04, 00:03
I get mega drops and cash on my rank 63 spy. And I had to work to get it that low. You tanks don't know how lucky you are...

you get more experience the higher your rank is. That was tested by buddies who just installed an APU kami (thus gaining like 15-20 CR) and went levelling.

Mumblyfish
02-06-04, 00:13
You get more experience the closer to the enemy rank you are.

Sigma
02-06-04, 01:08
http://home.tiscali.de/phobos/1337UB3Rru10r.JPG

hax tbh

21 INT
129 STR
128 CON
80 DEX
10 PSI

all base :O

-=BlackBeard=-
02-06-04, 10:17
this happend to me but i must have gotten a GM one or it was just a bug,

127/66 now that was sexy then i zoned :(

WithSlitWrists
02-06-04, 10:58
Ok, guys i have the anwsers to your questions...the first second i logged on after the patch to reduce ranks (this was a long long time ago, and after that picture i had 3 stars naturally with only a cs a pa2 on) i was asking a gm (forget which one) about the rank changes. The GM said that they were lowering ranks due to the amount of drops. I know that they have fixed the tanks rank, but i am assuming that they are still tweaking the other classes ranks so that they will be around that of the tanks. And yes i still do miss my 3 stars too, but it doesn't bother me as much as it used to. :D

Original monk
02-06-04, 11:35
Ok, guys i have the anwsers to your questions...the first second i logged on after the patch to reduce ranks (this was a long long time ago, and after that picture i had 3 stars naturally with only a cs a pa2 on) i was asking a gm (forget which one) about the rank changes. The GM said that they were lowering ranks due to the amount of drops. I know that they have fixed the tanks rank, but i am assuming that they are still tweaking the other classes ranks so that they will be around that of the tanks. And yes i still do miss my 3 stars too, but it doesn't bother me as much as it used to. :D

nice hearing you again on these forums, daamn long time ago lol

ezza
02-06-04, 11:54
its the tank from my pic :D (actually your pic since it was originally from your site :lol: )

im not sure how there going about tweaking the ranks, since now that other classes can get the *** i think tanks should do, other classes not even capping there weapons can get it.
yet tanks capping CS or not wont get that high a rank.

hell my gimpy spy drugging up to use RoG gets a rank higher than 60 and not even capping it and thats dex 98

ezza
02-06-04, 11:55
http://home.tiscali.de/phobos/1337UB3Rru10r.JPG

hax tbh

21 INT
129 STR
128 CON
80 DEX
10 PSI

all base :O
onoz phobos overcapped :eek:

ya double post but what you gonna do :p

Sigma
02-06-04, 13:04
onoz phobos overcapped :eek:

ya double post but what you gonna do :plike i said, hax tbh :D

edit - i just noticed the DEX-xp, it's at lvl 80 and needs 46 mio to the next lvl, but iirc PEs cap at 24 mio and need 26 (?) mio for there theoretical lvlup :wtf:

hax even more :O

naimex
02-06-04, 19:43
like i said, hax tbh :D

edit - i just noticed the DEX-xp, it's at lvl 80 and needs 46 mio to the next lvl, but iirc PEs cap at 24 mio and need 26 (?) mio for there theoretical lvlup :wtf:

hax even more :O

dex is at 86 base.....