PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me or ...

Dominion
01-06-04, 07:06
Has just about every weapon with a xray mod become useless? Before the patch I would do anywhere from 150-350 damage with my ravager on almost any mob. In this patch, I do a whoppin 130 damage to aggys now, and 90 to fire mobs (who are supposed to have FIRE resist not Xray). Whats sad is my friend has an XHeated Rav that does more damage on fire mobs than my XRay Rav. Has anyone else noticed this? I feel stupid putting an xray mod in my CS now because every type of mob in this game is supposed to be xray resistant now. *screams*

naimex
01-06-04, 07:07
mob specific armor has been introduced..

most mobs have more resists in various fields..

look on test server for more details..

i think itīs still there..

canīt remember what went on which mobs.

NPC's:
- NPC Specific Armor created (i.e. Doomreapers have high fire resistance, DOY units have high X-Ray resistance, mechanical monsters are resistant to poison...).

Dominion
01-06-04, 07:11
Seems as if the following happened:

All Mobs:
Radio - 99% Resist

Try it ... fire mobs take more damage from fire weapons than xray. It's like EVERYTHING is xray resistant and nothing is fire resistant.

naimex
01-06-04, 07:13
^^

well, it is a radiated world we live in..

and since everything is alive, they must be resistant to it..

but donīt you just feel good, that they didnīt give runners more resists than they had ?

nah, seriously.. just use another weapon or get used to mobs actually able to take some.. 2 shots more....

My Speedy is X-Ray... still tears mobs apart.. If I can be arsed to use it... *hate the new sound*

Dominion
01-06-04, 07:15
:wtf: Welcome to the world where a melee runner can kill anything and the most powerful weapons in this game do almost no damage.

naimex
01-06-04, 07:17
:wtf: Welcome to the world where a melee runner can kill anything and the most powerful weapons in this game do almost no damage.

Actually, melee isnīt overpowered..

itīs just fine the way it is now..

how can I say this ??

because Iīve been fighting melee tanks all day.

At start they were impossible to kill, then I got used to running away from them, whilst targetting and shooting, instead of running towards them as I would with anyone else..

Then they fall like Sewer Flies.

Drexel
01-06-04, 07:34
yer, his right, fire mobs seem to be xray resist, little fucked up there.

My impression was mobs would be reistant to their Primary damage source only, but the number seem to show xray is doing less damage accross the board.

Might have to sell my fire modded ravager too, my fire mob hunting weapon :( (modded well before change was notified)

@ naimex o_O that sounds like an exploit on melee's targeting problems.

Dominion
01-06-04, 07:38
What I have found odd too is the massive lack of damage HC weapons seem to do now. I've noticed at leat 20-30 less damage per burst now using my HC. Maybe resists actually work now ... wow ... what a concept!

naimex
01-06-04, 07:51

I was unaware that running away from a melee tank, and shooting him at same time, was an exploit... :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

What I have found odd too is the massive lack of damage HC weapons seem to do now. I've noticed at leat 20-30 less damage per burst now using my HC. Maybe resists actually work now ... wow ... what a concept!

some people still have the HC Bug..

I had it too, and I thought it was a nerf.

At first, I only did 16 dmg per hit, all the time..

then the day after I logged back in, and fought again..

and then I did correct dmg..

but I know a lot of HC tanks, that still only do shit dmg with their HC weapons.

But atleast I do the right dmg now :p

40$Poser
01-06-04, 08:05

nah, it's called mega lagged servers thus when a character may look to be right in reach is actually farther away from you.

msdong
01-06-04, 08:17
hello ? how can anyone complain about mob damage ?most ofthem can be killed with even non rares in no time.
it dont make u a poorboy if youuse2 mags more on mobs.after allits a PvP game.

ezza
01-06-04, 12:30
ive had np i used my heat rav on a perc, and the damage wasnt great, trade for the parts of a new rav, made a xray one, damage on perc is about 20 higher than fire modded weapon.

seems ok to me

garyu69
01-06-04, 13:03
My Uranium PE used to take 67 points off a WB Titan per bullet, but now only does 45.

Its no problem though, just need more bullets :D

I like the new resists, it creates the need to have more guns or mods on your gun, and if you carry more guns it means more chance of a dropped gun when killed which is good for my hacking skill.

Aziraphale
01-06-04, 13:10
nah, it's called mega lagged servers thus when a character may look to be right in reach is actually farther away from you.

Happened to me once, the tank accused me of being a GM :lol: :lol: :lol:

Q`alooaith
01-06-04, 13:19
Or you could just stop using fire ammo, shock horror, you can use both standard ammo and the ammo you've modded the weapon too..

What melee can't do, we melee tank's can't kill anyting that fly's above our reach... So hoverbomber's, hoverbot's and hovereye's rip us the shred's..

Melee does have some big drawback's which you should look at before you say it's overpowered.

Hell-demon
01-06-04, 13:22
Hey this guys called Dominion! Thats my char name :mad:

Anywho melee is not over powered. Its pretty balanced but on Pluto everyones going melee, its like a wierd trend O_o

Q`alooaith
01-06-04, 13:24
It's just a phase hell demon, "melee does big damage quick lom"

in a little while people will go back to heavy "oh no, glider's are everywhere and melee can't hit them when they is flying, quick lom"

and so on..

bi0
01-06-04, 13:26
not that this is a thread about mc, but omg you cant kill hovers? no!! what are you gona do now?
sorry but thats just obscene
what needs to happen is they need to give mcs throwing weapons! like lazer knives!!! then you can kill everything AND hovers!!

Dribble Joy
01-06-04, 13:30
Muties have big xray reists.
I do 89 dmg a shot to a spider bot with a judge, but 71 to a launcher.

Tratos
01-06-04, 13:35
Yeah i like the resists and stuff, it'll be cool to actualy think what weapon to take when hunting certian things, and its possible fire mobs have high-ish xray as they live in one of the more radiated parts of the wastes.

ezza
01-06-04, 13:39
My Uranium PE used to take 67 points off a WB Titan per bullet, but now only does 45.

Its no problem though, just need more bullets :D

I like the new resists, it creates the need to have more guns or mods on your gun, and if you carry more guns it means more chance of a dropped gun when killed which is good for my hacking skill.
or you could get a heat modded PE O_o

Shakari
01-06-04, 20:47
Or you could just stop using fire ammo, shock horror, you can use both standard ammo and the ammo you've modded the weapon too..

What melee can't do, we melee tank's can't kill anyting that fly's above our reach... So hoverbomber's, hoverbot's and hovereye's rip us the shred's..

Melee does have some big drawback's which you should look at before you say it's overpowered.

Looked at it, done it and its overpowered woohoo can't kill hoverbombers big deal :)