PDA

View Full Version : [MERGED] Usual weekend "Lag" threads

Psychoninja
31-05-04, 16:52
Thanks kk, I've been able to play on saturn without crashing, now can you please restart the server or tell people at lvl3 to stop DLing pr0n? It's kinda lagging. Am I the only one? I asked around and it didn't look like I was.

Fix plz, kthnx!

Gohei
31-05-04, 16:55
It is sunday today, right ?

Dunno for sure, but if it is, then lagging on Saturn is pretty usual i guess....

And yes, KK fix it FFS :mad: :mad: :mad:

ezza
31-05-04, 17:10
strange, ive been alright today, normally i get the lag guess im lucky atm

Capt. Rik
31-05-04, 18:55
lag is awful and it's virtually unplayable :mad:

Psychoninja
31-05-04, 19:00
I knew it wasn't only me!!! :mad:

ZoomZoom
31-05-04, 19:08
reset damnit :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Nidhogg
31-05-04, 19:10
Thread merged.

N

whifix
31-05-04, 20:29
So I'm on my 21st login attempt. So far every time I login i get a mix of the following problems;

Inventory is empty
Quickaccess belt is empty
Can't right click on doors and items in the enviornment
Stuck in Sync
Inventory isn't mine

Anyone else having this problem or know how to fix it?

naimex
31-05-04, 20:32
havent had any problems today at all...

wait 15 minutes, try again..

only advise i can give you..

J. Folsom
31-05-04, 20:34
Is this on Saturn? Because if it is, it's having it's weekly dose of lag again.

MrChumble
31-05-04, 20:35
Just the normal mix of lag spikes, zone bugs and FREs. Business as usual.

Psychoninja
31-05-04, 20:39
Only lag, no crashes since I patched up.

Nidhogg
31-05-04, 20:43
Thread merged.

N

Maloch Octavia
31-05-04, 21:55
I was in the middle of bussing five new Runners to Military Base when it all began.

You ever tried to bus five people with random lag spikes, FRE's and crashes?

They all died eventually, and I lost my ATC.

An utter disgrace.

-Demon-
31-05-04, 22:13
You should of taken out the lag spike insurance that the sales man said about...

Of course that doesn't cover you against act of noob.

deac
31-05-04, 22:31
today (monday) has been VERY bad... soo many lags spikes its insane... every good damn 3 mins we get one

n3m
31-05-04, 22:35
the saturn sunday lag moved to monday it seems

MisterP
31-05-04, 23:28
Just thought I'd share :mad:

(UK ADSL - Ping normally 65)
http://www.btinternet.com/~potts4749/potts4749/shot0022.jpg

Moofausa
01-06-04, 05:14
wow.. experiancing lag.. hmm i'm sure not!! fuck that I am I lag every fuckin second .. I hop on my hovertek.. lag.. hovertek turns invisible can't drive.. jump off get back on - ect over and over.. 2 of my friends lost half their gogu - loads of other people cant log on and get anything in their gogu or inventory... ppl cant log onto their accounts... wuwu KK I bet you'll be giving out a lot of 100k's in these couple of days eh? gg...

/edit - under my name <-----

2ply
01-06-04, 05:18
Gotta love the neocron yea?

Samhain
01-06-04, 05:31
Half the time I can't log in. Then when I get in, I can't right click on anything or do anything because of lag. Then, when I finally do manage to be able to buy things, zone, ro whatever, everyone disappears and reappears making it impossible to level or play.

What, exactly, do we PAY you for, Reakktor?

Honestly, this game is supposed to work with 56k modems, right? Now when I was back on 56k I don't remember ever getting more than about 8 kilobytes a second of downstream, so let's imagine that Neocron needs to be able to send about 5KB of information to each client - with the 200 people that are on Saturn right now, you'd need 1MB of upstream, or, a 8 megabit connection.

Those 200 people are paying you 1990 USD a month, and obviously there are a lot more than just 200 people paying for accounts and some of those people have multiple accounts that might or might not be logged on. Are we honestly to believe that you can't afford a server with a 8Mb upstream connection (forget downstream because it's usually more anyway) for around a thousand USD a month?

I realize that these calculations are not accurate, precise, whatever, but for fuck sake, you should be able to afford much better.

manderf
01-06-04, 07:01
i had to relog about 20 times today each time i logged on today. It was also in the middle of mc5 which wasnt the funiest ethier.

Mr Friendly
01-06-04, 07:05
seriously, i cant even remember the last reboot we had @_@

[ edited ]

and1guy
01-06-04, 07:08
i just gave up on trying to log in.. i mean.. it would honestly take me 30 times of relogging to get in game.. no exxagerating what so ever.. im going to bed now.. blah nvm i cant sleep.. i stay up too late.. its still too early

Zaq
01-06-04, 14:53
seriously, i cant even remember the last reboot we had @_@

Servers go down for maintenace every Thursday don't they?

Uranus was fine all weekend btw
:p :p :p

slaughteruall
01-06-04, 14:58
It's the usual weekend lag on saturn that KK says that we dont get. It's amazing how everyone around the world (the plays NC) says it's lag but who knows. KK says it dont happen so it must not. :lol:

Slaughter