PDA

View Full Version : Carinth vs Login Errors

Carinth
01-06-04, 02:16
I lost : (

After a reasonable day of hunting on Pluto, I load up my inventory with rare parts and go off to my apartment to sort them out. While synching up there, I crash. Nothing new, as crashes are apart of Neocron. I log back in and see I have no belt/inventory, so I log back out and try again. Here begins the fun! For about an hour I've been relogging, to try and get my stuff back. A taste of what I've seen follows:

Half of inventory present, no imps/belt.
Imps/Belt present, no inventory.
Quarter of inventory present, nothing else.

Then to keep it exciting we also have:

Crashed to desktop
Stuck in synch
Fatal error

I've rebooted, I've logged on dif characters, I've logged on dif accounts. Nothing helps. So about now I've given up and stopped trying. Maybe later tonight or tommorrow things will be more stable. I really hope I didnt lose the 3 cabs of rare parts either.

Anyone else having fun with inventory replacements/losses ?

manderf
01-06-04, 02:35
ME!!!! but you already know that. I just relogged about 20 times and it started working again

Maloch Octavia
01-06-04, 02:41
I'm a tolerant person, for all the other issues in this game, I can ignore all of them.

I -cannot- ignore the fact that I pay for a service which at times, is unplayable.

Today has been a nightmare.

Now, I have just lost my hovertec due to lag in the TG area, am trapped in a pit I cannot climb out of, and have a horde of Firemobs advancing upon me whilst I wait for Reset position to kick in.

Reakktor needs to evaluate the level of server Level3 gives them, and check why the Saturn setup seems to be suffering the most. If it really is a hardware issue, or a provider issue, either negotiate a fix or change company. If it is none of the above, then work on the coding until these lag issues can 100% not be attributed to the game mechanics, such as online numbers, etcetc.

Today my tally is thus:

Lost an ATC full of nibs, they all died because of:

Fatal Read Errors
Crashing to Desktop
Lag
Other anomalies

Lost the ATC itself due to lag. I was driving along, everything vanished, then I find myself in the middle of the map, and the ATC nowhere to be seen, not even at last known location.

Lost a Hovertec, see above reason, Hovertec has vanished from last known location, couldn't find it anywhere in the Zone using a Revenge Drone for scouting, and it's not in the previous zone.

Am now trapped in an unescapable pit

Am about to die

Have also suffered:

Several periods of unable to Login
Several dozen lag blackouts
Lots of Synching
Lots of lost Drones due to Lag
Died due to lag because I couldn't respond in time

Pissed off somewhat....... This is unexcusable..

Candaman
01-06-04, 03:27
i had a new one while long syncing out of the chaos cave i relogged to appear standing next to the freshly respawned chaos queen :/

Lafiel
01-06-04, 03:28
used to happen to me alot

Candaman
01-06-04, 03:28
used to happen to me alot

then he stopped playing seemed to fix it :lol:

Lafiel
01-06-04, 03:36
:)

i would play but o wait u stole my move-on on jupitor :P

lol thx jus gime it back sometime soon :)

StrongSad
01-06-04, 03:54
I have to relog about 50 times before everything goes normal. It is getting VERY old...and I have only played the new patcn for 2 days. I applaud your attempts KK, and the patch added tons of awsome things.....but I dont enjoy a new patch that adds SHITLOADS of more nasty bugs. Not fun at all. This stuff wont fly with BDOY.

I feel like everyone still here wating for BDOY are a bunch of beta testers. KK: "Oh BTW, you cant alt+tab anymore.....and we arent fixing it because it is a preparation for BDOY.....deal with it." Thanks for that one. We are still feeding you money KK. Dont forget that.

Lafiel
01-06-04, 03:56
shouldnt fly now tbh..

damien vryce
01-06-04, 04:15
i am having same problesm ive reinstalled 2 tiems and nothing changed it

Sorin
01-06-04, 04:25
Well I've had most of the same problems and bugs Carinth has had, but enough relogs have straighted everything out. All except this one bug I have. It seems to be a permanent bug.

http://www.csun.edu/~kkb76210/MikhalF6bug.gif

This is the faction sympathy window on my character. All the actual numbers are correct, except I'm the wrong faction. It lists me as Black Dragon, but I'm actually Biotech. I've zoned several times, quick relogged several times, I've even fully relogged several times and one of those was even a computer restart because of a blue screen. Yet I'm still Black Dragon. I seem to have become Black Dragon without paying a dime and with only 14 sympathy. ;)

Redburn
01-06-04, 04:28
Same with me, log in with nothing in inventory or quick belt (fixed are re-logging) but lately been getting join proxy errors when switching characters, have to log out of the NC program then log back in to switch

tkNukem
01-06-04, 04:39
exactly what carinth explained had happened to me. it was quite frustrating too. i was at mc5, so it's quite dangerous to be around guards to begin with...but when i have to deal with frequent relog bugs at mc5, i just can't stand it (in general...inablity to use/swap spells in quickbelt, no spells in quickbelt, empty inventory, half-empty inventory, no armor/imps, etc) i could've died because of this wanker bug issue thing! ohnoz that would be bad!

whifix
01-06-04, 05:02
I've been having the same problems. Did a file check and it says there is a cave file thats bad. Hope this fixes the problem even though it shouldn't.

Carinth
01-06-04, 05:20
whifix: Those are most likely corrupt chaos cave files, I ran check files a long while ago to fix those. My installation is clean right now, so it's not that.

I don't entirely think it's level3 or lag, between us at kk that is. My ping doesn't spike, I don't feel lag or anything. Even when I get stuck in synch while trying to login. I can chat and check my ping, which is always reasonable at 130 or so. Another interesting fact is that the swapped items will return to normal if you put them in a cabinent in your apt. For example the 250 pistol ultimas that appeared in my inventory returned to being a const3 boost.

I think the problem is with Neocron's database. Being stuck in synch is the game trying to grab info from the db. Partial inventories are failures at grabbin the info.

manderf
01-06-04, 07:14
well today is a holiday. The people who run the servers where just partying it up and accidently spilled beer on the machines.

numb
01-06-04, 10:26
I had this problem and the sympathy problem. Turning off my firewall fixed it, which is weird as I've never had to turn it off for neocron before. (That was pre-patch)

deac
01-06-04, 12:11
yeh monday was one of the worst days in ages... I pitty the ppus that had to buff ppl that day.. (didnt log either of mine :D )