PDA

View Full Version : Little computer help here plz

SPIKE (pluto)
31-05-04, 21:46
Ok my computer has become a wreck, virus' run amok, exe fils blocked, couple of thousand dialers etc. Ive been trying to format for the last few days but when i do something never seems right. The wireless keyboard i am using atm is still working, i have not since installed the drivers and its not plug and play so the drivers are still installed.

What im looking for is for a method of formatting that wipes everything including all the drivers, all thefiles and so on. I've got the boot disks for it, but thats all i know about this process of formatting

Btw a bug for kk to investigate, when windows is reinstalled neocron doesnt work :p

naimex
31-05-04, 21:54
wipe everything ?

reboot to dos

run FDISK

delete partition

make partition

format partition

install windows

and so on.

SPIKE (pluto)
31-05-04, 21:59
Tried that, gives u the instant termination bug for nc ( program closes instantly after laoding) and keyboard still worked (not plug and play)so system folders till in tact :(

Darth Slayer
31-05-04, 22:02
Tried that, gives u the instant termination bug for nc ( program closes instantly after laoding) and keyboard still worked (not plug and play)so system folders till in tact :(
Buy a new Harddrive ?
Looks like something has screwed up your Bios as well but people better skilled than me could tell u.

SPIKE (pluto)
31-05-04, 22:04
fuck it ill just get a new comp, this ones fallen below standard anyway :rolleyes:

subsys
31-05-04, 22:06
if you have fdisked then you cant have system folders intact (if you did it right of course). its not possible to get data back after deleting a partition without using low level disk recovery tools,

oh and dont forget that windows may store drivers for your k/b in the driver database it installs

-Demon-
31-05-04, 22:09
Hmm so let me get this striaght you delete the partition and your system files are still there??

Either your keyboard is plug and play or thats very screwed up.
Don't think bios has a problem here sounds more like hdd problem.

Have you got another pc to slave the hdd you having issues with. If you have you can format it either under windows or another app of your choosing.

As for the neocron problem could be if the hdd isn't being wiped then old files are screwing up your install anyway or you aint updated directx/drivers/windows.

Need some more infomation and you to try out those things as well as others have suggested.

SPIKE (pluto)
31-05-04, 22:14
this is sickening really, this problem has happened to me twice now, first time i missed two months of nc play, when i got bak, two of the major clans had falled apart, and all but 1 of the ppl on my buddy list had quit :( the world of neocron moves too quick for that long an absence.

Last time i fixed it, the comp was formatted in a way that all the drivers went, and i had to reinstall windows fomr the boot disks using plug and play keyboard, mouse and monitor. However since i dont know how it was done im stuck with this bastard bug :mad:

SPIKE (pluto)
31-05-04, 22:21
Hmm so let me get this striaght you delete the partition and your system files are still there??

Either your keyboard is plug and play or thats very screwed up.QUOTE]

Nope, had to use this crappy dell plug and play keyboard and mouse until i relocated the drivers for this wireless ones

[QUOTE=-Demon-]As for the neocron problem could be if the hdd isn't being wiped then old files are screwing up your install anyway or you aint updated directx/drivers/windows.

Just found some updates for my current graphics drivers, gonna try that beofre i begin re-bitching

spongeb0b
01-06-04, 00:22
wipe everything ?

reboot to dos

run FDISK

delete partition

make partition

format partition

install windows

and so on.

or... /set kill_self 1 ^^ (nah seriously i agree with naim here)

WebShock
01-06-04, 09:51
you dont need to fdisk

get a win2k or winxp cd, boot from cd, erase the partition, format using ntfs and reload.

this will fix the problem. if you still have your infected files, you did something wrong. a format erases everything, hell even if you overwrite your OS without formatting and repartitioning, your new files will still fix it.

you are not doing something right.

give me more details, what type of mouse do you use, what operating system, what type brand keyboard are you using.

no need to by a new puter over a issue so easy to fix

Spoon
01-06-04, 13:55

It sounds like the same bug that amfest is getting (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=99812).

Did "Configure Neocron" run the first time you loaded it?

And do you have Windows updated and DirectX9?

Mighty Max
01-06-04, 14:03

The keyboard will be detected as a keyboard from every new install of WinXP or co.

That is because every keyboard nowadays either use the old PS/2 keyboard standard (plug&play) or USB.

For a wireless kb it is most likely USB. USB supports HID classes, which are needed to determinate what device is appended. The keyboard-device is one of them so windows will instantly know how to comunicate with it.

It will simply work without specific drivers, with the plain windows kb-drivers for USB. no matter what additional feature your super duper keyboard might have.

and1guy
01-06-04, 14:12
what OS are you using? xp/98/2k ??