PDA

View Full Version : Uplink's are useless.....

Ixholla
31-05-04, 21:33
Unless you're a newb in Tristar hunting Warbots which I think I've seen once.
The 50+ Hack gained by an uplink is pretty useless.

However, I've seen tons of players asking for repairs and very few repairers
actually online.

Wouldn't it be cool if we could just replace the Uplink +50 Hack with +50
Repair? At least it'd make the Uplink's somewhat useful.

Any ideas?

:cool: ?

ghandisfury
31-05-04, 21:35
they will be very helpful when DoY comes out. ;)

naimex
31-05-04, 21:51
Hacknet, will make hackers ******** uplinks like there was no tomorrow.

Carinth
31-05-04, 22:12
With +50 hack, even Tanks can have enough to hack warbots. Northstar is an especialy handy one, with good warbot spawns. Uplinks are hardly worthless. If anything the op types need to be spread around a lil better. Certain areas have practicly a monopoly.

-Demon-
31-05-04, 22:16
Yeah hacknet will make uplinks popular I thinks.

I probably have enough hack ready to get into hacknet but would be good to get noob spies into it early as well with the aid of an uplink.

I think if anything a factory would add a bit to repair but hey just my thoughts.

Heavyporker
31-05-04, 22:25
keep uplinks.

amfest
31-05-04, 22:37
yea keep them. And when bdoy comes out and uplinks become important for hacknet . make uplinks the only warzones to drop belts :P

WebShock
31-05-04, 22:53
add OPs that are called distribution centers or something to give repair bonus.

dont nerf anything, add to it.

msdong
01-06-04, 00:13
no repair bonus for uplinks. we need some gasstations out there with a small repair bonus that you get after pay on a "repair device" for a short time in a smal radius around that device.

Richard Blade
01-06-04, 00:57
I think Uplinks will need that hack bonus.

The gasstation idea kinda works. How about a new op type - the machine shop.

Or, just add that in to a factory. The factory would have a cnc mill, and several other specialty items for building. That could include repairing quite easily.

SilentEye
01-06-04, 00:59
Save Uplink! Remove Whin0r!

Sorin
01-06-04, 01:12
Uplinks are awesome. Especially Northstar if you normally don't have enough hack for warbots. Though I wish the damn mercs would put the GR on at least friendly (on Saturn), I hate having to run from Drakkhan, Rockshore, and Battledome all the time. Yes I'm a lazy bastard. Anyways, Tescom used to be a phenomally useless uplink until DoY bots were added. So I guess it's mildly useful now.

So maybe just add some hackable mobs to uplink zones that dont have them. That'll boost their current usefulness a bit.

Ixholla
01-06-04, 02:19
Save Uplink! Remove Whin0r!

Who was whining you idiot it was mearly a suggestion.

I still don't see why Uplink's are going to be useful.

From what I understand of "HackNet" It's handled from Citycom terminals not uplinks.

What do Uplink's have to do with DOY?

Was something put out about Uplinks being useful in DOY?

Mumblyfish
01-06-04, 02:22
Hacknet will be entered by hacking into a Genrep. Guess what all warzones have?

Yes. +50 hack when entering Hacknet, anyone?

Moofausa
01-06-04, 06:28
they will be very helpful when DoY comes out. ;)

after all these puss backs and bug's you think doy will be good... doy will just be 25x buggier then this.. gg

naimex
01-06-04, 06:32
Hacknet will be entered by hacking into a Genrep. Guess what all warzones have?

Yes. +50 hack when entering Hacknet, anyone?

I think I missed that memo..

where does it say Hacknet will be entered via a genrep..

oh, and will your body remain in the real world ? or will it be like entering NF ?

Sorin
01-06-04, 10:34
I think I missed that memo..

where does it say Hacknet will be entered via a genrep..

oh, and will your body remain in the real world ? or will it be like entering NF ?

IGN RPG Vault NC:BDoY Sneak Peak #1 (http://rpgvault.ign.com/articles/463/463118p1.html)

Holger Nathrath, whoever the hell he is, Developement Director said in the article:

We decided to integrate the Hacknet as a form of cyberspace, a world parallel to the game's actual one. It can be entered via devices called GenReps, which have to be hacked for this purpose.

And I totally missed the fact about GenReps being in Outpost zones and some zones having a hack bonus.

Rai Wong
01-06-04, 12:38
erm maybe, but won't you lose the bonus wonce you are in the hacknet?

Mumblyfish
01-06-04, 12:42
It sounds like your strength in Hacknet is determined by your hack when you enter it.

Nasher
01-06-04, 12:47
I wish factorys could be made to automatically produce stuff by feeding in the blueprint and parts (even vehicles) :/