PDA

View Full Version : It's time for the greatest Star Wars saga ever told....

Moscow
31-05-04, 14:11
Yup, after thinking long and hard about it, I've finally plucked up the courage to reinstall Galaxies and delve into the sparse, Fed-Ex driven gameplay once more.

But my question is thus; what, exactly, has changed over the last two-three, maybe four, months or so? I'm mainly looking at the Jedi system (Are they still hideously underpowered? Is that horrific "grind" still in place?), the Galactic Civil War (Has any effort been made to remain closer to the books' canon?) and general Roleplay support (Is the game still played by the members of the community who get their kicks by slagging off anyone they overpower?).

I'm still patching (Going to take a looooooooong time on a 56K modem!), so there's plenty of time. :p

Peace.

-Moscow

Possessed
31-05-04, 14:16
How big are all the patches together?

(I'm on 56k too :( )

Moscow
31-05-04, 14:27
How big are all the patches together?

(I'm on 56k too :( )

Nine hours worth! Aiee! :eek:

Peace.

-Moscow

Mirco
31-05-04, 14:41
Yup, after thinking long and hard about it, I've finally plucked up the courage to reinstall Galaxies and delve into the sparse, Fed-Ex driven gameplay once more.

But my question is thus; what, exactly, has changed over the last two-three, maybe four, months or so? I'm mainly looking at the Jedi system (Are they still hideously underpowered? Is that horrific "grind" still in place?), the Galactic Civil War (Has any effort been made to remain closer to the books' canon?) and general Roleplay support (Is the game still played by the members of the community who get their kicks by slagging off anyone they overpower?).

I'm still patching (Going to take a looooooooong time on a 56K modem!), so there's plenty of time. :p

Peace.

-Moscow

Aren`t these questions better answered at SWG`s own forum?

Nasher
31-05-04, 14:58
Good luck, most UK dial-up ISPs disconnect you every 2-4 hours and the SWG patcher doesnt support resume lol

Your not really missing anything by not playing, its still as buggy and repetative as ever. Plus they screwed it up so bad its drifted so far off the starwars storyline it might aswell be a different game.

Tratos
31-05-04, 15:24
Behold!

EDIT for link.

The True SWG :p

http://webtech.cykonbox.com/movie/TheHunt.wmv

(wont work for some reason with the url tags, to view it use IE and it will load in the built in media thing, or you will probably have to d/l it but i dunno if it works when downloaded, lol)

And the bike teleporting thing really annoyed me while i played,

its a decent enough game it just didnt grab me like NC did.

Nasher
31-05-04, 16:01
lol that link goes to http://</p><p%20style= apparently :P

Tratos
31-05-04, 16:22
Edited original post and fixed link :p sorry about that

phunqe
31-05-04, 19:35
O M F G

hahahahahahaha

Almost as classy as that ogre battle I posted a while back.. LIGHTNING BOLT! LIGHTNING BOLT!

amfest
31-05-04, 22:58
Behold!

EDIT for link.

The True SWG :p

http://webtech.cykonbox.com/movie/TheHunt.wmv

(wont work for some reason with the url tags, to view it use IE and it will load in the built in media thing, or you will probably have to d/l it but i dunno if it works when downloaded, lol)

And the bike teleporting thing really annoyed me while i played,

its a decent enough game it just didnt grab me like NC did.

LOL the teleporting vehicle and guy running stuff and resetting to zone line . . .same thing would happen to me in neocron. I also had this wierd bug where I would drive on my bike . but when I would get off the bike ... it would drag me all the way across the zone .. . .and then like a chain was dragging my vehicle .. i'd see it flying sideways over hills back to me .. .was very eerie ..lol. Only a relog would fix that bug.