PDA

View Full Version : [Brainport] Personal Injection System

Maarten
31-05-04, 09:30
New tool: Personal Injector.

You can put ammo in the device like PSI boosters or Stamina Boosters and then you put it in one of your quickbelt slots. Then when you press the number, you inject yourself with the contents of the device and it automatically reloads itself with a booster from your inventory when all 3 charges are used.
It could also have a small area what could turn red or blue depending on what kind of booster is currently loaded.

Kasumi
31-05-04, 09:32
New tool: Personal Injector.

You can put ammo in the device like PSI boosters or Stamina Boosters and then you put it in one of your quickbelt slots. Then when you press the number, you inject yourself with the contents of the device and it automatically reloads itself with a booster from your inventory when all 3 charges are used.
It could also have a small area what could turn red or blue depending on what kind of booster is currently loaded.
great idea ^^

Nvidia
31-05-04, 09:32
Love it. 5 Stars.

amfest
31-05-04, 09:44
personaly I think stam boosters just need to DIE!! or toned down alot. the whole .. you're a n00b for putting points in END is just lame also. Every stat should have some good use. And sacrfices.

I'll vote No cause stamboosters are already wayyy too damn easy. as for psi boosters .. well that's like endless-o-supply for psi apu monks. nah.

Now a external injector that you can load up with medical substance and Inject players to heal them ..now THAT I would love :p

Maarten
31-05-04, 10:50
I agree that Stamina boosters shouldn't be insta-fill, but that is not what this idea is about.

This idea is about using boosters without having to drag them from your inventory to your quickbelt every minute.

I like the Remote Injector Tool with Medical Substance idea. :)

SilentEye
31-05-04, 11:00
I'd like to vote but, where's the poll? :lol:

I'm YES btw, 5 stars.

Maarten
31-05-04, 20:57
Oops... Didn't think about a poll...

BeaNo
31-05-04, 21:04
I remember seeing a similar idea a good while back, liked it then, still like it now.

However i think most people whined about it making a ppu's life easier, and we all know how well received ideas that help ppus are.

5 Stars

MrChumble
31-05-04, 21:08
It would certainly make using Boosters easier, but I'm not convinced that's something we need.

Stamina is kind of redundant, the only time it ever seems to matter is when you're running to an OP war, or between NC/TG etc, an realise you've no stam boosters and have to crawl along for a minute regening stamina*.

As mentioned already, the idea of apus being able to pop boosters endlessly isn't so good. Also for PPUs there's a lot of subtle differences between a 0/1/2 Psi booster quick belt setup. It's little things like that that make the game what it is.

-------------

*I gotta declare a PPU bias here. I imagine it matters more if you're a melee tank.

Parappa
31-05-04, 21:10
I only care if you can fill it with anti-shock drugs too.

Biznatchy
31-05-04, 22:42
I only care if you can fill it with anti-shock drugs too.

I could see my tanks quick belt now one for stams one for antishock one for antidamageboost, the next would be posion drug. It would be nuts but i like it.

Heavyporker
31-05-04, 22:47
amazing idea...

Benjie
01-06-04, 12:49
Very bad idea.
Boosters need nerfing, not boosting.

1 star.

slaughteruall
01-06-04, 12:57
Very bad idea.
Boosters need nerfing, not boosting.

1 star.

dude what ever.

5 stars. Excellent idea. Would beneft every class. And for once it does not envolve nerfing a monk somehow.

And a PPU reloading the 1 booster it's not hard just annoying.

Slaughter

BramTops
01-06-04, 13:14
Great one, bro! ;)

5 stars

bi0
01-06-04, 14:00
i like it, 5 stars
restocking your belt is lame, slows down the fluidity of pvp, and is annoying.
think about all the space youd have for.... err... for...
(?!?!?)

Wolf
01-06-04, 14:37
like the idea in theory, but kinda get the feeling its gonna make the anti-monk bashers even worse. Only time my PPU is at risk, is when sheilds fall off or when i have to stop (only for a few secs) to restock a few qb slots with boosters.
May not seem a lot but them few seconds can make a lot of difference in certain situations. Then of course are the APUs.....no stoppping firing to restock? Imagine the new APU + PPU teams? ouch.......

Or then again am i just worrying over nothing? :confused:

slaughteruall
01-06-04, 14:39
like the idea in theory, but kinda get the feeling its gonna make the anti-monk bashers even worse. Only time my PPU is at risk, is when sheilds fall off or when i have to stop (only for a few secs) to restock a few qb slots with boosters.
May not seem a lot but them few seconds can make a lot of difference in certain situations. Then of course are the APUs.....no stoppping firing to restock? Imagine the new APU + PPU teams? ouch.......

You really dont have to worry about the APU/PPU teams anymore. It's the PPU/MC tanks you have to worry about.

Slaughter

Monks have been nerfed to hell and back already.

Zaq
01-06-04, 14:44
PPUs would benefit the most from this, they have so many spells to squeeze into their quickbelt its ridiculous.

5 stars

Sobi
01-06-04, 15:19
Really great idea!

5 stars

Maarten
01-06-04, 15:24

Putting new boosters in your quickbelt shouldn't be the time monks are at risk. If that's the case now something is wrong.
Having to put new boosters from your inventory into your quickbelt is annoying, nothing more, nothing less. In PvM and PvP.

If you are concerned that this might unbalance a class (what I can't imagine) then tweak the effect of the boosters itself.

My point is, the size of the quickbelt should NOT be used to balance a class.

]v[ortice
01-06-04, 15:31
Well played Maarten...

5 stars.

I've often wondered why there is no 'action' or emote for taking the drugs. U just select one from your QB or 'use' one manually and they just happen. I wouldn't mind if my weapon deselected for a second while I munched/injected/inhaled/snorted/rubbed shit into my gums etc.

Strych9
01-06-04, 15:40
I dont recall ever seeing any KK rep state that the QB mechanics are intended to be a balancing tool in the game, and that the need to open your rpos and drag stuff from inventory into your quickbelt is meant to balance one class vs another (i.e. monks).

No, this wouldnt be an "endless supply" of Psi. Anyone that says that clearly hasnt played a monk lately.

1. You still must carry the boosters, so you are limited in that extent as to how many booster you have.

2. Booster dont instantly recharge your psi. If you ever try to actually use a booster for what it FULLY can provide you, you always have awkward dead periods while waiting for mana to recharge. Only way to never wait for mana is if you pop a booster WELLLLL before you need to. With a gun at least you can just hold down the fire button, and the reload is handled by the game. With psi boosters, you must want your mana, pop a booster, then also monitor the rate of recharge.

So its not like suddenly monks will have it super easy.

Biggest difference is that a PPU will finally be able to carry MOST of the spells they need in their quickbelt.

Maester Seymour
01-06-04, 16:15
PPUs would benefit the most from this, they have so many spells to squeeze into their quickbelt its ridiculous.

5 stars

I'd love this mostly for my PPU too,

Excellent idea Maarten, 5 stars ;)

ino
01-06-04, 16:44
yes please gimme

Jest
01-06-04, 17:31
Well as long as it would allow for every type of drug then I'm down. If its only boosters Id have to say no.

Being able to just have a single spot for psi boosters would be just absolutely uber on my PPU. Every class would love this really as long as all drug types were allowed.

(Also on a side note I know saying this I will get flamed but Id love it if only PP/BT runners could buy it. Im itching for a player based economy to some extent. At the very least maybe just put the vendors in the HQs.)

But in any case. 5 stars. (Can't you add a poll now even after starting the thread?)

Huzar
01-06-04, 17:39
The idea is great.
Imagine if speed of recovering would be based on quality of the tool!

And tool would require THC :] that would nerf monks a bit (not much but always)

5 stars

PS
And btw nerfing booster wont change anything in PvP. Coz in single fight casting 10 spells is enought and no monk needs booster for that.
Nerfing boosters just make lvling for APU a bit slower... and i don't c reason for that.

slaughteruall
01-06-04, 18:04
And btw nerfing booster wont change anything in PvP. Coz in single fight casting 10 spells is enought and no monk needs booster for that.
Nerfing boosters just make lvling for APU a bit slower... and i don't c reason for that.

A monk casting 10 spells and not needing a booster? You must play some gimped monks then. A PPU who can get off 10 spells must have a capped pool and still wait a while between casts. A APU can get off 10 beams. But try a HAB and 9 beams that is 10 spells you wont have a pool after about 5 if you have a capped pool. Monks live on boosters. No one will deney that.

Slaughter

Huzar
01-06-04, 18:07
6 month brake mothers hehe...

lets say 5 not 10.

Jest
01-06-04, 18:11
As a PPU in an op fight I can usually use an average of 7 or 8 psi boosters, much more if its a long fight. APUs use like 30 though. :p So yes monks definitely use boosters.

slaughteruall
01-06-04, 18:14
A fight my APU will go threw around 40 to 70 boosters. Really depends how many times i have to HAB those damn PPU's.

My PPU i will use 10 to 15 MAX

Slaughter

Clownst0pper
01-06-04, 19:11
You cannot possibly say this is a bad idea! love it!

Original monk
01-06-04, 19:16
You cannot possibly say this is a bad idea! love it!

must agree

maarten: 5 stars for youre idea, im allready waiting for this handy tool, with some luck we get it next patch :cool:

Maarten
01-06-04, 20:12
Good to hear everyone likes it.

Now about being able to use all types of drugs in it. My first idea was to have a small space that could turn red if a PSI booster is loaded or blue if a stamina booster is loaded. But I agree it would be fair that this device would also work with drugs, although drugs usually come in pills... :)

How are we gonna see what kind of booster/drug is loaded into the device?
Maybe in the name? "Personal Injection Tool" when it's empty and "Personal Injection Tool: Redflash" when filled? And a small 'ammo' number in the corner that displays the charges. Which should be 1 for drugs and 3 for boosters. The device automatically reloads if you have another drug/booster of the same type in your inventory. If you want to use the tool for something else you drag a new type of drug/booster on the device and the current charge is destroyed (can't turn the drug back into pills, right?).

New idea about the Remote Injection Device. Make it so you can put drugs/boosters in it and "poke" other people. Or would this be exploited and make people drug there enemies to cause a drugflash?

If this idea somehow gets implemented, I propose a change to current non-PSI healing methods. Make medkits and first aid kits only have 1 charge. Make medkits heal 300 health and first aid kits 200. Both at the same slow rate as they do now. Then add a new type of "drug". Some sort of "Healing Nanites". They can be loaded in the Injection Devices and heal 100 health each charge. At a faster rate then the current medkits.

Or is this going to be unbalanced because people are going to use both the Crahn Heal and the Healing Nanites at the same time. Can we work this out somehow? I know I'm not the only one who likes to see a non-PSI way to heal at a decent rate. Maybe it could be made that the Crahn Heal and Heal Nanites don't stack.

Thoughts?

Clownst0pper
01-06-04, 20:16
Or you could just make drugs stackable, and have this tool for psi boosters and stamina's ;)

Clyde
01-06-04, 22:24
its a ok idea, but its basically the same thing ideai posted awhile back among others. my idea was basically lets say you had a stack of 100 psi boosters, you drag one over to your quickbar and basically its just a shortcut. the shortcut will remain as long as you have in your that type of boosters/medkits/drugs or what ever in your inventory. it would free up alot of slots for alot of people