PDA

View Full Version : DOY Tunnels

Wolf
31-05-04, 03:31
Just one question about em really. We got a team together 1 Ppu (me), an Apu & a spy, and managed to clear the first 2 lvls without too much trouble - we didnt end up going for lvl 3 due to lack of boosters/bullets and so on.

So we decided to head back out...not realising just how many mobs camp the little hatches at the top of the ladders :( . Went up fully buffed & with a holy heal running but was still cut down to half health in a matter of seconds.
Went up a second time & tried casting my SC to draw some fire away from me...wouldnt cast, (repeated same tactic a few times) and still no joy.

Now im not sure if its just me being useless or the team being too small or not having a good damage sponge with me (tank) :p, but how the hell are you meant to get back to the surface with your team in one piece? anyone got any ideas??.
If we could get past the initial "top of ladder" campers we could probably fight our way out fine, its just getting into that position :rolleyes:

Slightly long post - and sorry if certain parts dont make sense its 2:30am & in serious need of sleep :D

nobby
31-05-04, 03:39
you did fine mate, just next time you have to remember to buff before going up or down.
KK make move the mobs away from the ladders for a bit of fairness.
though i was told that they never look at these forums so we may not see this.

Morganth
31-05-04, 03:46
Had a similar problem when I first went into the tunnels with a team. My SC wouldn't cast at all, so I had to run through. Everyone else got cut down somewhere along the lines, and the only thing keeping me alive was my Holy Heal as I had 10-15 mobs shooting at me.

slaughteruall
31-05-04, 04:10
Yes i also have not been able to get a SC to cast in the tunnels.

Slaughter

Maarten
31-05-04, 09:32
SC needs a large open space before it spawns... The DOY tunnels aren't exactly large and open...

{MD}GeistDamnit
31-05-04, 09:36
The tunnels are poorly designed :/ just like mc5, KK shoulda hired me as a mapper long ago, and fired the sod who did those maps :D

Maester Seymour
31-05-04, 09:40
You might end up tryin to cast ur SC in the lvl 3 ones a lot more too hehe. I didn't seem to have a problem doing it yesterday, but like Maarten said - you need a pretty bigish open space to do it in.

I went in one of the lvl3 tunnels yesterday for the first time and damn those guards hurt like fuck lol! I find them a good challenge though and its great to finally have somewhere like that to go that even capped players can find hard to do :)

]v[ortice
31-05-04, 09:52
Crouching to cast SC normally works a treat.

Never do it with you back against the wall either... find a nice open space.

THE_TICK!!!!
31-05-04, 11:22
lookin forward to hittin those tunnels fella's..what we gettin for XP out of there ? tick needs intell he fairly stupid :D

Morpheous
31-05-04, 11:27
Yeah, it's tricky as a PPU down there, but so long as you have full buffs and a heal running (Heal sanctum is useful) you're ok.

I usually ran with: Heat3, Shelt/Def, Psi3 if there's another PPU or Support 3 if not.

Soulys are ok, but not really needed if you have a heal on you

It's possible for a PPU to kill all the mobs on the 1st level alone because of the AoE mobs.

3rd level is harder than MC5- we took 4 APUs and 4 PPUs down and we all died, after killing one mob. Ow? :p

jiga
31-05-04, 11:31
The only problems with the tunnels are that there are too many mobs and it is impossible to find ur way out

Morpheous
31-05-04, 12:07
The tunnels are great in every respect, a little challenging and great fun.

I just can't find anything to criticise KK on :) great job!

The added bonus that you can actually move huge distances through the wastelands through these tunnels is the real great thing :p

garyu69
31-05-04, 12:35
I like the tunnels a lot. Its given a nice hard section to the game because you could go to Lvl 3 and get ********** or be successful, but then you risk the chance of having to come back with few supplies.

I like it

EDit: lol, there is a swear filter :-|

steweygrrr
31-05-04, 12:58
You might end up tryin to cast ur SC in the lvl 3 ones a lot more too hehe. I didn't seem to have a problem doing it yesterday, but like Maarten said - you need a pretty bigish open space to do it in.

I went in one of the lvl3 tunnels yesterday for the first time and damn those guards hurt like fuck lol! I find them a good challenge though and its great to finally have somewhere like that to go that even capped players can find hard to do :)

Yep the SC cast, didn't stop us from all being mashed though lol. This is no joke by the time we had hit level 3, there were 2 PPUs and a Melee tank with a junkknife left out of a full team, some either having left or given up on being killed by the invisible damage bug that you seem to get in the level 2 entryways o_O

n3m
31-05-04, 13:03
yeah it's lovely when you clear a few tunnels, then run out of ammo/boosters, and can't get out because the tunnels you cleared earlier on are full again lol

t0tt3
31-05-04, 13:07
WHINE DETECTED!!!!

Omg, I was curious about the doy tunnel so I reactivated the acc.
We got a team went down, 3 APUs 2 PPUs 1 tank.
I am a 58/51 PPU and even I could take the hits, sure I coudlnt go down solo "saw the healt drop really fast" But when the tank left us. Me and the the rest of the team could still have 6 mobs and stay alive. I rezz 2 APUs while the other PPU had us alive.

This is a challange like it should be go play tetris if you canīt take it 8|

Wolf
31-05-04, 13:47
hey im not complaining i like the challenge, gotta stay on your toes all the time being ppu in there otherwise it all goes horribly wrong :p

Think we'll aim for lvl 3 tonight............god help us :lol:
any tips on how to do it?
Lvl 1s fairly simple, send in ppu let them aoe the hell outta each other then bring in rest of team to clean up.
Lvl 2 pain in the ass y-replicant looking things, but chain cast holy heal and it seems to work.

But 3 ive never even seen yet :eek:

Dubhead
31-05-04, 14:02
as a ppu all you need to do is make sure YOU keep shielded and healing, everyone else is pretty much guaranteed to die at some point, so just try your best to maintain their buffs. Don't go down without more than 1 ppu if you plan on doing lvl 3 either, as you really can't pull off a successful rezz without further healing. Oh and don't have too big a group size, a few people with decent resists and killing power is infinitely preferrable to a full team of 9.

edit - use haz not heat if u plan on dealing with the y-rep alike mobs.

Morganth
31-05-04, 14:12
as a ppu all you need to do is make sure YOU keep shielded and healing, everyone else is pretty much guaranteed to die at some point, so just try your best to maintain their buffs. Don't go down without more than 1 ppu if you plan on doing lvl 3 either, as you really can't pull off a successful rezz without further healing. Oh and don't have too big a group size, a few people with decent resists and killing power is infinitely preferrable to a full team of 9.

edit - use haz not heat if u plan on dealing with the y-rep alike mobs.

Good points there. I have found that even a 1:1 ratio of PPUs to others is enough to get through the first 2 floors, although the third floor is a bitch because of the number of mobs. Again, I like that fact that you can go down in I_12 and come up somewhere completely different if you take a wrong turn.

On the SC note, I have found them not casting out in the wastelands and in PP1 even when I have nothing around me.

Agent L
31-05-04, 16:58
hmm, you should leave some ppl as you descend to cover your back and keep way out clear : D

Carinth
31-05-04, 18:04
With two aoe Tanks, two ppu's, and a pistol spy we made it down to I, from A. Then we got ganked coming out of synch : ) Just me (ppu), left alive. I drew most of the mobs away, whipped out a sc, and almost managed to rez our other ppu. Unfortuanetly the DG mobs showed up again and while they attacked my sc, they were also hittin me.

The most important thing when making a team is that at least one member must be able to recycle. If you can recycle, there's no reason to ever leave. The mobs drop plenty of junk to keep you going. Bringing along a hacker is also needed if you wanna loot the bots.

The best strategy is to keep at least one person above while they rest synch down to clear out the entrance to the next level. Thats to make sure the previous level doesn't reset. That's how we died : ) Group of mobs to gank us below and group of mobs to gank us above. Also, be careful about where you shoot and who you shoot. If you can avoid aggroing more then 3 or so, you should be fine.

Timon
31-05-04, 18:19
Am I the only one who don't find it so hard? My PPU friend and me (APU) cleared the first floor in <10mins... Then a Tank friend came and together we cleared the 2nd floor. The it got fun... One more PPU and one more APU came. And then I have to leave :p. But from what I heared and seen.. they owned...
I find the tunnels pretty well designed... the tunnel is narow enough for my Holy Thunderstorm make good damage and short enough that a corner is always near when health is low. The only comment I have is that it's a bit buggy down there... Health suddenly drops from 200 to 30. Like in 1 second! And sometimes the moobs can shoot through the walls....

Maloch Octavia
31-05-04, 19:46
And sometimes the moobs can shoot through the walls....
We had that, it was a mob that had actually spawned inside the wall.

What people seem to be forgetting, is that if you go to the next level, the one you just left, respawns.. So.. Leave someone there. :) Guard the rear and whatnot. You'll be fine then.

Soulclusters.. Cast them crouching at the bottom of the ladders. Usually does the trick.

Can I just add, that Droners wreak havoc in there? We had a team down a few days ago, and after we cleared the initial sections on Levels One and Two, we had no problems wiping the feckers out. Teams of Revenge Drones whizzing into a mob at a time, arfarf, with MR-1000's for heavy backup. Lovely.

So yep, leave one man at each level and you're fine. He can also warn against any other teams making it into the Tunnels, as again, we had issues with that, and it basically broke into full on combat in the middle of the Tunnels against this other Team that were causing so many problems. Honestly, stop leading mobs into the main entrance section! Go to them and fight them! We were trying to regroup and asess, and this numpty kept running off to find more mobs to bring to the ladders!! ARrrgh!!! So five Revenges soon took care of him. :)

Carinth
31-05-04, 22:22
[QUOTE=Timon]Am I the only one who don't find it so hard? My PPU friend and me (APU) cleared the first floor in <10mins... Then a Tank friend came and together we cleared the 2nd floor. The it got fun... One more PPU and one more APU came. And then I have to leave :p. But from what I heared and seen.. they owned... [QUOTE]

You didn't make it very far : ) It doesn't get tough till at least level G, thats the 7th zone from the start. Plus you can sometimes have good spawns, in whihc only one or two mob is near the zone border. If you zone down and see 4 or 5 angry mobs, you'll be in for a challenge. Most people die from being ganked when they zone in.

Which is part of what makes the zone so much fun, as you make it through you get to hack belts of groups that didn't make it. So you feel like you're doing better then they did. Eventualy you'll die too and leave your belt for another group : )

t0tt3
31-05-04, 22:54
Yea like Carinth says, its not _in_ the tunnel that is a REAL challange its when you zone to an other lvl.... 5 - 7 mobs and they do HEAVY dmg on you we had a blast anyway.

GW KK :D