PDA

View Full Version : Turret Problem

ou7blaze
30-05-04, 21:22
I though tit was GREAT this new requirement but guess this [ edited ] clan on Uranus just likes to play the game the gay way

A few PPU's .. have already lommed all hack and stuff to Construct ... so nothing has changed ... and they just spam spam spam turret 24/7 so much we don't wanna play the game.

I don't know how u can fix the problem only either by incresing weight , price , requirements of turrest.

Sigh...

Or make only Spies able to do it I dunno just please find an alternative it's just making the game,, bullcrap

SirRah
30-05-04, 21:58
you just lost an OP fight didnt ya?

anyway.... why shouldnt PPUs, APUs, Tanks, PEs be able to drop them as well?

if they wanna gimp themself in a way then let them do it. :wtf:

Kikyo
30-05-04, 21:59
It's puss like to lay turrents when you got even numbers shit we been in battles where we were outnumbred and they still planted pussy turrents.
Turrents should req spy class and need like 150 cst or something.

Drake6k
30-05-04, 22:00
You have to seriously gimp your class if you want to drop turrets (and your not a spy). Everyone dropped turrets before and I got by. Now it's rare but if it happens just know your enemy is gimp and live with it. Turrets give the poor clans a chance :D and I dont mind. It's fun blowing them up.

If anything else they should take 20 seconds to construct. You should still be able to setup turrets before a fight (imo)

Kikyo
30-05-04, 22:04
Yes drake its all fun and games until they plant 8 of them by the enterance and moon striker the enterance what you going to do than? And really is it fun blowing them up? No it's not its really stupid and pointless. When the enemy gets low HP what they do? HUG TURRENTS

Heavyporker
30-05-04, 22:05
I actually like the idea of making turrets more expensive... like making them need weaponparts 10s...

But I want the A.I (the detection radius of enemies and the arc/range firing and the area effect radius) of the artillery turrets increased... its a damn shame that the hands-down coolest turret type is so... cumbersome... to actually deploy.

Drake6k
30-05-04, 22:11
Yes drake its all fun and games until they plant 8 of them by the enterance and moon striker the enterance what you going to do than?

I've had that happen. We just left that OP and hacked their other one :D

SorkZmok
30-05-04, 22:17
MAKE TURRETS START WITH 1 HEALTH WHEN THEY ARE DROPPED, THEN THEY GAIN HEALTH OVER TIME.

Problem would be solved. Sometimes KK just don't get it. o_O

rob444
30-05-04, 22:47
Increase the amount of construction points you need to drop the turret :rolleyes:

Zaq
30-05-04, 22:50
I actually like the idea of making turrets more expensive... like making them need weaponparts 10s...

they do

gat 3's need two wep 10s

[TgR]KILLER
30-05-04, 22:52

nonono then we gotta calculate everything again :( we already gotta do that now with all new prices and shit..

tho you realy got PE and monk cst who don't just cst for dropping turrets.. imho you should have cst time on them.. like normal things.. lets make it so that they construct like 5 min lol :) no realy.. would solve the problem off dropping them mid fight.. unless you are so 1337 you can stay still for 5 min.. but gues that aint possible to make...

MrChumble
30-05-04, 23:42
A few PPU's .. have already lommed all hack and stuff to Construct ... so nothing has changed ... and they just spam spam spam turret 24/7 so much we don't wanna play the game.

They made a tactical decision, you weren't prepared for it and couldn't adapt and you lost the OP war.

Next time you'll know what to expect (unless they've come up with a new tactic) so you can work out some counter-strategies (I'd hope).

To me this is a great thing; turret dropping has now become a tactic rather than just something everyone can do at will. Sacrifices need to be made to pull it off. If you don't like it fair enough, but don't complain about it, find a way to fight back.

*Dazz*
31-05-04, 01:52
They made a tactical decision, you weren't prepared for it and couldn't adapt and you lost the OP war.

Next time you'll know what to expect (unless they've come up with a new tactic) so you can work out some counter-strategies (I'd hope).

To me this is a great thing; turret dropping has now become a tactic rather than just something everyone can do at will. Sacrifices need to be made to pull it off. If you don't like it fair enough, but don't complain about it, find a way to fight back.

w00t!! My thoughts exactly :)

Clownst0pper
31-05-04, 02:03
TG did it today on saturn, think I counted 10, and now the fact u cant dmg boost them, and they hit harder and have more HP its a fucking joke.

And also you still can stealth drop turrets, as there Mr. Spy, was laughing at us stealthed as he dropped them.

Yeah KK, real nice job.

*Dazz*
31-05-04, 02:06
8| they can still stealth? didnt know that one...

Clownst0pper
31-05-04, 02:09
Sure, just as your stealth is running off, u place the turret, and its down just as ur stealth goes, and then u just re stealth.

Its effectivly stealth turreting, as u cant target them while stealthed as they begin to place it, and once theyve placed the turret, and out of stealth, they just re-stealth.

Dribble informed me of this other day on test server, and they did it today *sigh*

amfest
31-05-04, 02:21
well the whole stealth thing needs to have a timer .. before reuse. . the spammage of stealth is really lame. If that is fixed then there wouldnt' be much a problem .cause as he destealthed and dropped the turrent .. you could kill the spy so it won't happen right away again unless he gets rez'd

Glyc
31-05-04, 03:49
how about it doesn't matter what kk want people to do. if there is a way around it then people will.

one solution would be to have alt chars (accounts for 1 char servers) who hack.
log op fighter and hacker @ op. hack drop turrets. log back into main char.

have 3-4 people do this in a 10-a-side and u have same turret problem. kk can't code for every "rule" people want emplaced. if you want this stop, then u have to get the other clan to not do it. as long as u dont do it. trust eh? in neocron? the dark cyberpunk world we enhabit.

ou7blaze
31-05-04, 13:07
you just lost an OP fight didnt ya?

anyway.... why shouldnt PPUs, APUs, Tanks, PEs be able to drop them as well?

if they wanna gimp themself in a way then let them do it. :wtf:

no we beat them and they spawned like 4 turrets rofl ..

ou7blaze
31-05-04, 13:10
w00t!! My thoughts exactly :)

exactly coz u're allied with that turret spamming clan :)

ou7blaze
31-05-04, 13:11
Well I see one suggestion by a poseter in this thread that turrets start with 1hp (ok mayube a bit more) then they slowly add health over time , that would solve the problem.

Turrets are meant to be used to like permanent defense not just dropping instantly from someone, it's like age of empires with h4x :\

QuantumDelta
31-05-04, 13:15
Like I said originally.

Construction timer.

Only fix that's needed.

All I should have to say ¬.¬

Nasher
31-05-04, 13:15
Would be better if you had to drop turrets from the back of an APC (a passenger drops while someone else drives that is) :P

ezza
31-05-04, 13:27
maybe a hack term that effects weapon systems of the op or somthing, hack the term and it disables the turrets, the clan would then have to hack it to reinitalise them or somthing

Gohei
31-05-04, 13:31
MAKE TURRETS START WITH 1 HEALTH WHEN THEY ARE DROPPED, THEN THEY GAIN HEALTH OVER TIME.

Problem would be solved. Sometimes KK just don't get it. o_O

Best post on this thread so far :o

Candaman
31-05-04, 14:06
Like I said originally.

Construction timer.

Only fix that's needed.

All I should have to say ¬.¬

People have been saying const timer since the turret problem came around and it seems kk just don't play their game they just sit there and watch people abuse the game and wreck it for others if they would play and listen to people on the forums then maybe we actually get improvements in the game as opposed to tl changes and added req's

QuantumDelta
31-05-04, 15:39
I do have one thing to say about that;
Although, for the most part I think you're right;

Do you ever wonder if much at all of the community is to blame for KKs total detatchment to actual ingame stuff?

It's obvious in almost every policy they enforce o.O

Tupac
31-05-04, 18:17
how about remove them altogether