PDA

View Full Version : NC > all

enigma_b17
30-05-04, 17:39
Was just takin a break from neo for a few months and decided to go play some of the other mmorpgs around and omg they are all utterly shite in comparison to neocron yet they have even at bad times 10 times the ppl neocron would ave on at the best times. Put this down to bad advertising (lack of), or what ever, I mean neocron maybe buggy but even in its current state its better then 90% of others of the same out there

nobby
30-05-04, 17:40
and?......

enigma_b17
30-05-04, 17:43
and what? im just tryin to c if ppl agree or not :P hence the poll

msdong
30-05-04, 17:47
NC > Soldners

man u should see that forum this weekend (releaseweek). i never see that in NC before.

dont know if its Neocron > Trackmania but i think so,too :)

Tratos
30-05-04, 17:49
i must admint i agree

in my short break from Neocron i tried 2 MMOs, Lineage2 & SWG both of which were pretty fun but, its just somthing about neocron i feel alot more involved with what my char is doing, sure the skill system is pretty damn simple it still kicks ass, also with the killin stuff that fact i have to actual aim and shit to kill things where as in both games above i simply spammed a key press and then alt tabbed, went afk while my character did the actions,

Neocron is my favorite MMO, and as most of the ones coming out and that are around are click point and fantasy im gonna be here for quite some time.

Candaman
30-05-04, 17:52
at least other mmo's have people playing them

BeaNo
30-05-04, 19:29
I disagree.

Sure NC is the most skill related mmo i have tried, is that enuff for average gamers, obviously not. I for one am happy i have gone to SWG, soo much content, plus the knowledge that more content is always round the corner.

The lack of advertisement obviously will have an impact, but word of mouth is the best advertisement around imo, I know countless people who think the game could be good. But there sick of the same stupid bugs never bein fixed, new content being ridiculously lame and usually to little to late.

Thats why i left in the first place 3 months ago, then I came back to see what was up, realised that nothing had changed, and is why I'm leaving again. Doubt i will even bother with DoY, will wait till some1 i know has it and will check it out round there, shame really this game could have been soo much more.

Matthew.v.smith
30-05-04, 20:01
NC > Me!

It's just too good.
Is it me or have the Fatals seemed to clear up after the last patch?
I havent had one for a week now no joke!

Matty. :angel:

Oath
30-05-04, 20:55
Neocron is the best designed most functional, most intuitive mmorpg ever i beleive.

The limiting factor in many people eyes is the 1337 pk0rz that constantly spam shit, entice noobs to take their le's out and gank em, and the forums.

The forums themselves are one of the biggest reasons people leave the game, they are filled with opinionated assholes who wouldnt know sense if it jammed itself in their arses.

ezza
30-05-04, 21:00
The forums themselves are one of the biggest reasons people leave the game, they are filled with opinionated assholes who wouldnt know sense if it jammed itself in their arses.
ya i gunna PK j00 f0r mak1ng c0mm3nts lik3 that, n1b!!!!!!!1111!1!!1!234

why would you leave a game cos of the forum though.

until this game i never really went to any of the forums of other games, might pop in once and a while but that was it.

this forum used to be fun way back when.

and having been here without break since day one of retail i have to say NC>all

n3m
30-05-04, 22:02
does that mean you're coming back nono? :D

sex

40$Poser
30-05-04, 22:11
neocron is unique, but I'm playing City of Heroes also atm and for once it is nice to play a mmorpg that doesn't go ding 'Fatal Runtime Error'. I'll sacrifice the no PvP in CoH (atm at least) for a nice looking well running mmorpg.

Still, I need a fix of Neocron as it is now, and if all the bugs such as FREs and what not get sorted with DoY, I think it'll be one of the best MMORPGs out on the market.

BeaNo
30-05-04, 22:21
for once it is nice to play a mmorpg that doesn't go ding 'Fatal Runtime Error'. I'll sacrifice the no PvP in CoH (atm at least) for a nice looking well running mmorpg.

Agreed.

I would say that a major factor in what keeps the masses away.

landofcake
30-05-04, 22:28
Neocron is the best designed most functional, most intuitive mmorpg ever i beleive.

The limiting factor in many people eyes is the 1337 pk0rz that constantly spam shit, entice noobs to take their le's out and gank em, and the forums.

amen to that !!!

Oath
31-05-04, 00:11
ya i gunna PK j00 f0r mak1ng c0mm3nts lik3 that, n1b!!!!!!!1111!1!!1!234

why would you leave a game cos of the forum though.

until this game i never really went to any of the forums of other games, might pop in once and a while but that was it.

this forum used to be fun way back when.

and having been here without break since day one of retail i have to say NC>all

Of course ezza i dont mean you as you are a big fluffy carebear at heart :D :lol:

*ducks*

The forums are full of doomsayers and i gotta say, it gets old after a while.

*looks at celt :p*

rogo
31-05-04, 00:38
The thing I love about Neocron is the Rare system.

Granted there are only a few favoreds, but with other games you gotta mindlessly kill things that dont even give you XP or camp lots of hours.

Granted you wont get the whole gun and to hunt for your own parts would take longer, but atleast you get other wanted items to show for it?

And it also includes the 2 main tradeskills.

I dunno but I love gettin un-id'd techs and never knowing what they are.

ezza
31-05-04, 12:55
Of course ezza i dont mean you as you are a big fluffy carebear at heart :D :lol:

*ducks*

The forums are full of doomsayers and i gotta say, it gets old after a while.

*looks at celt :p*
i suppose your right, i guess when you got people on here saying day after day that the game is shit it proberbly would wear down the less hardcore player type

Nasher
31-05-04, 13:09
NC is still the most inventive MMORPG around, all the other "big" ones just follow simple rules and paths that are well known and have been done before, then hype it up to be something much more than it is. SWG for example, and its still MUCH more buggy and un-finished than NC (and it least when NC crashes you can be back playing in 10 secs because there is no long loading times, if any)

NC just needs more advertising, hopefully it will come with DoY :P

Benjie
31-05-04, 13:12
We are not the worst. World of Warcraft, hmm?