Default Ridiculously dark levels?

Good day, newblood here to both game and forum

So I just got finished playing through the tutorial level and was rather put off when I saw the game was rather dark in a few areas yet the models put there were unnaturally lit, not even the flashlight could light these areas up..

Now, I was recording video via ShadowPlay while I was going along and the lighting in there appears correctly and the flashlight, well, works better oddly enough.

Any idea what could be up? Only thing I changed before diving in was the resolution

Ingame, press tab and go to the options window, F9 iirc, there is a brightness slider for ingame brightness.
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

There are places where you can't seem for whatever reason to lighten the area up, even with the gamma, or brightness slider. I have seen it a few times, but .... I ignored it. I will look closer to see if I find it more often.
    Long ago I was part of the following clans.
    H.E. Brotherhood ---> C.S.M ---> P.I.M.P
    Quant

In some cases a flashlight equipped can... shed some light on the ongoings.

Yes, its a bad pun but regret nothing!
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

darkness befall
    Check out the bat caves without a torch!!! No amount of monitor adjustment sheds any light in there ;p but for a few credits you can grab a trusty flash light or better still equip it to your weapon