Default R#186/7/8 Post Launch Update

We'd like to bring all of our community up to date on the current situation, as well as our plans for the immediate future. As such we have prepared a statement, which can be viewed on the website and launcher.

All the best,
    Your Neocron Support Team
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»I'm in a glass case of emotion!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Just 1 thing: I don't believe DoT damage is the sole cause of this issue. The reason I say that is because the problem isn't replicated with other similar weapons. Aka: The dex 113 beretta pistol - No problems, with any ammo mod. Falls in line with DPS of other weapons. #2: SWAT Backup gun - No problems, with any ammo mod. Falls in line with DPS of other weapons. *****#3: The dex 113 AK rifle - Normal damage with the stacking fire & instant poison mod, BUT...with the stacking poison mod, it hits alot harder. Hard enough to even make a fully buffed ppu sweat. BUT, & here's the kicker that makes the current issue not the same as the Dev, the mass damage isn't from the poison stacks. For some reason, with the stacking poison weapon mod, the initial burst (piercing + poison) is far stronger than the other mods while the poison stacks are still doing normal dmg.

This is going to take alot of testing & different types of testing to find out what exactly is causing the problem(s) with the dev and AK.

Due to the point "Investigating changes to the Resurrection animation.":

The "new" animation itself is not the problem. The problem is, that it's way to long and you're rezz is finished (sparkle is over) and the corpse is not revived and you need to wait way longer. So you need to fix the sparke animation to hold on, until someone is revived.

Jupiter Titan
    OZ-T, OutZone Traderz
    -=[L-o-Z]=-, Light of Zion
    Satan2k2
    Reckless <3
    'Wallace' Family

OZ-T, OutZone Traderz
    Eli Wallace - Rodney Wallace

Quote Originally Posted by Sevendust View Post
    Just 1 thing: I don't believe DoT damage is the sole cause of this issue. The reason I say that is because the problem isn't replicated with other similar weapons. Aka: The dex 113 beretta pistol - No problems, with any ammo mod. Falls in line with DPS of other weapons. #2: SWAT Backup gun - No problems, with any ammo mod. Falls in line with DPS of other weapons. *****#3: The dex 113 AK rifle - Normal damage with the stacking fire & instant poison mod, BUT...with the stacking poison mod, it hits alot harder. Hard enough to even make a fully buffed ppu sweat. BUT, & here's the kicker that makes the current issue not the same as the Dev, the mass damage isn't from the poison stacks. For some reason, with the stacking poison weapon mod, the initial burst (piercing + poison) is far stronger than the other mods while the poison stacks are still doing normal dmg.

This is going to take alot of testing & different types of testing to find out what exactly is causing the problem(s) with the dev and AK.
    The problem you are mentioning here is a completely different one than the one which "Phase One" aims to tackle. Poison damage is quite overpowered currently due to several reasons, mainly due to the player setups not aiming for it as being a main damage type. Therefore it feels overpowered.

The aim of Phase One was to get the DPM of all weapons in line, so we have a foundation we can build upon. However, this aim has not been yet fully achieved. Under certain circumstances the damage of a single DoT stack is not what it should be. We spent quite some time investigating the exact reason for that and believe that we have isolated it and are now working towards a proper fix which you will be able to test on Vedeena soon(TM)
    Alduin
    Development
    Neocron Support Team

»After the patch is before the patch!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by Sevendust View Post

This is exactly the problem we discovered after testing with the AK, it is not the stacks but rather the poison stacking modded ammo type that hits way harder for some reason.

former king of saturn

Quote Originally Posted by Alduin View Post
    We spent quite some time investigating the exact reason for that and believe that we have isolated it and are now working towards a proper fix which you will be able to test on Vedeena soon(TM)
    A big part of me feels like it patching it to Titan, after a very brief period on Vedeena, would help keep the momentum going. There are people that I know did literally 0 testing prior to r186 that did a whooooole crap load as soon as it hit. If no one tests in test, their only option is to test in live.

Quote Originally Posted by Divide View Post
    A big part of me feels like it patching it to Titan, after a very brief period on Vedeena, would help keep the momentum going. There are people that I know did literally 0 testing prior to r186 that did a whooooole crap load as soon as it hit. If no one tests in test, their only option is to test in live.
    I agree here. If unfortunately the majority of the community wants to be lazy, then FORCE them to test. Otherwise it's going to take forever to test anything to be ready for Titan.

& also what faid said. Poison stacks dont do too much dmg currently. Thats ONLY the case with the dev, so from the looks of it the dev is bugged. Please don't go nerfing poison stacking weapons, cuz if thats done to put the dev is line, it's going to nerf the other poison stacking weapons to where they UNDER the DPM line.

Just get this patch slapped on the test server & Divide & his peeps & SXR will get this testing done & reported for ya.

The stacks from other weapons are still 'overpowered' (or at least, not correct).
    However, the total proportion of DoT damage is much lower on these weapons than the Devourer (~3% intended on the AKs vs 22% on a poison modded Devourer).
    The Devourer also has a stack duration double that of the other weapons, so the total effect of the incorrect damage calculation is further magnified.
    Last edited by Bragi; 25-08-14 at 14:12.
    Bragi
    Balancing
    Neocron Support Team

»Bang bang, my baby shot me down (and then submitted a detailed report to the support team)«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

To keep you all in the loop, officially releasing the patch to Vedeena has been delayed slightly. We needed a little longer than anticipated for some changes and have experienced some issues with the PTS which need to be resolved. Thanks for your understanding.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team

»I'm in a glass case of emotion!«