Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Problem with Client

I can't seem to log in to the server. This is my first time with this game. I meet all the requirements, but when I click the icon and click Play Neocron 2 it disappears and does nothing. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfae View Post
    I can't seem to log in to the server. This is my first time with this game. I meet all the requirements, but when I click the icon and click Play Neocron 2 it disappears and does nothing. Any ideas?
    Try Running as Admin, if that doesnt work try reinstalling

Order of the Black Flame yavimaya's Avatar

This thread may help you, hopefully.

http://forum.neocron-game.com/showth...-Vista-7-amp-8

Tried changing the permissions, still couldn't connect beyond the patch. Tried uninstalling and re installing and changing the permissions to match admin and same thing can't get past pathc.

did you install to /program files/ ?
    if so change it to c:/neocron or similar.
    GM's will likely be along to help soon.

I installed it to C:/Games, but that was the default location when I ran the installer.

can you post some actual info like operating system, computer components, etc?

former king of saturn

Usually failed launches are the result of D3D corruption. Try reinstalling DX9.

I am running Windows 7 Home, AMD Athlon 2 P320 Dual-Core, 3GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 4200 Series w/ 256MB RAM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfae View Post
    256MB RAM.
    Oh dude....

This might be an issue, but then the client didn't mention anything about running low on memory.

It's a long shot but look in the error1.log inside the logs folder in the neocron folder, might be something there to give us a hint.

Are you getting any message at all when the game fails to launch?

former king of saturn

Quote Originally Posted by Dribble Joy View Post
    Oh dude....

This might be an issue, but then the client didn't mention anything about running low on memory.

It's a long shot but look in the error1.log inside the logs folder in the neocron folder, might be something there to give us a hint.

Are you getting any message at all when the game fails to launch?

That's a 256mb GPU. Plenty more than NC requires.

Did you reinstall DX9 yet?

No errors the client just closes and nothing after. I did reinstall DX9, still nothing.

First of all, welcome to the community! So sorry we've not stepped in to assist sooner.

Can I assume you have installed the game using the latest version of the client from http://www.neocron-game.com/client-download ?

When installing did you leave all of the options as default, including the installation of all prerequisites i.e. just hit next a bunch of times?
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

ğI'm in a glass case of emotion!Ğ

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

The first time I installed yes, since then I have tried putting the folder straight to the C:/ directory. I have been wanting to play this for years and it is killing me I can never get it to work.

It doesn't sound like a permission error, this issue normally crops up when there is a problem with the prerequisites or they're missing.

Could you try installing the C++ Redistributable manually? To do so find your Neocron installation folder, navigate into the 'Redist' folder and run the vcredist_x86.exe file. Follow the wizard through selecting the relevant options (either install, or it may offer to repair) and try running the client again once that is complete.

To double check, am I correct in assuming you are always starting the game using the Neocron Launcher?
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

ğI'm in a glass case of emotion!Ğ

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast