In my opinion the premium GR service idea is very good And I think the "downtime due to death problem" and the "-SL playstyle problem" should be looked at separately from each other.

My current standing point on the "downtime problem" is that the downtime is too large at the moment, but on the other hand we do not want Neocron to become another Quake-like game. The Neofrag might become something like a Quake-like Neocron, but before touching that we need to fix other issues, like the balancing first

Concerning the "-SL playstyle problem" I think that being a bad ass has to be punished. I also think that one should watch oneselves fire, so one should also be punished in case some kills or damages someone accidentaly. However, I agree that the punishment is a little bit too high at the moment for the later case. And I also agree that there is no real "-SL playstyle" at the moment, there are some crucial things missing to that at the moment, but you will soon(TM) see what I am referring to there