The REAL Walker

Yeah I wouldnt enjoy having to switch PA's around every time I have to rebuff.
    Rebuffing is a pain in itself (yeah I have played as tank/spy for too long ), but having to switch the PA every time? Hell no, thats definitely not something for me.

Holy Toxic Halo isnt bad btw - if you have a good aim - If you dont, Holy Toxic Beam isnt bad either ^^
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

It just sounds like a complete chore to me. Playing as Ppu and spell switching with the belt all the time is enough of a ball ache. This would be akin to that. As previously stated it might work ok if you're hiding in the boxes at regants but I am not a fan of it in the real world.

Trying to fight in PvP with one is just a joke (due to switching pa and risking being caught with your pants dowm) and so it begs the question why would you want to go through the pain of it to level in pve when Apu damage is a tonne higher and damage is king.

Oh and sxr.... No need boys keep your personal attacks and sarcasm to yourself. Nobody here cares what you think about me.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    It just sounds like a complete chore to me. Playing as Ppu and spell switching with the belt all the time is enough of a ball ache. This would be akin to that. As previously stated it might work ok if you're hiding in the boxes at regants but I am not a fan of it in the real world.

Trying to fight in PvP with one is just a joke (due to switching pa and risking being caught with your pants dowm) and so it begs the question why would you want to go through the pain of it to level in pve when Apu damage is a tonne higher and damage is king.

Oh and sxr.... No need boys keep your personal attacks and sarcasm to yourself. Nobody here cares what you think about me.
    Well, if all you do is duel in NF, its definitely viable.. But who would want that?
    Ofc, if theres some people who wants to live with the hassle of all this in "the real world", I wont hold it against them.
    I personally just wouldnt bother.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

You can't use both apu and ppu rares AT ALL as a hybrid.

If all you do is duel in nf I'd find a better game lol. There a tonne of better games than nc for 1v1 combat.

The REAL Walker

If all you do is duel in nf I'd find a better game lol. There a tonne of better games than nc for 1v1 combat.
    Agreed
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Lets just hope for the balancing to begin again in earnest and then maybe this hybrid malus can be removed. Theoretically, as someone said previous, if everythings balanced right hybrids should be viable just as much as any other class.

just needs some serious maths whiz to fix that up first
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

I said it. I don't think it would be that hard. If the balancing for everyone else was right and fair then it would naturally fall into place.

getting back to the OP: yes, its possible to be an APU with some PPU skills and modules. Maybe this is viable for levelling up, but in the endgame you will feel those PPU skillpoints to be wasted, as you want to have as much damage (or defense) at hand as you could ever get. CON 40 nanite heal tool should do.

in general: "the hybrid" was an unintended and unbalanced subclass. too much defense and offense capabilities at a time. i can well imagine that something will be changed in future balancing projects to make the monk more soloable, i.e. to take away some malus from using both kinds of psi, but "the hybrid" as a real fighting subclass will never come back.

yeah without psi buff you have to use the holy toxic stuff. just forgot about the toxic spells.

P.s quote me complaining please I'd love to see that.
    Oh really? Then what is this..
    It just sounds like a complete chore to me. Playing as Ppu and spell switching with the belt all the time is enough of a ball ache. This would be akin to that.

William, no one wants to hear you whine, save that for <OOC> chat. Thanks.

Back to the subject: @Kazvall, you can use rare APU spells and holy PPU spells if you play around with Nskill and such.
    TITAN
    Gunshift - Pistol PE
    Mushy Snugglebites - Pistol Spy
    Ender Reznik - Heavy Tank
    Will McAvoy - PPU

former king of saturn

The real question here is why would anyone want to mix a shit class like APU with anything else. All you are going to get is a shit version of both.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunshifty View Post
    Oh really? Then what is this..

William, no one wants to hear you whine, save that for <OOC> chat. Thanks.

Back to the subject: @Kazvall, you can use rare APU spells and holy PPU spells if you play around with Nskill and such.
    Gunshifty, you just proved how little you understand. I see no whining in williams post. It doesnt make it whining if he disagrees with your personal opinion. stop posting nonsense and advicing to keep others opinions in ooc, when it belongs to forums. Pfft..

On topic: making a hybrid monk is like making a pistol&rifle spy.

Don't eat that yellow snow

The whole monk class is a mistake that shouldn't have been included in NC in the first place. What it does is to turn NC into a game where the side that has more PPUs dominates because of the insanely powerful heals and buffs. Not to mention of how badly the PSI magic sits with the post-apocalyptic/cyberpunk theme. NC could have been done right by leaving the PSI out of the game completely and also dropping classes alltogether. A classless stat/skill system with maximum amount of points to distribute much like the one used by Ultima Online would have been quite right for NC and would have allowed players to set up their characters exactly like they want but also allow the game designers to solve many balancing issues much easier than with a class based system.

Thanks for your input gun shifty. Really appreciate your guidance on life generally.

Perhaps now you should see that my opinions are fine, my logic is flawless and you too, like mace before you should just get back into your box.

Nobody here cares what you think of me. We are discussing hybrids.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast