Quote Originally Posted by I See Blue View Post
    [ edited ]
    [ edited ]
    Last edited by Trivaldi; 06-03-14 at 21:52. Reason: Off topic after fair warning

[ edited - Please review the forum rules. If you have a complaint about moderation PM the moderator or email help desk. ]
    Last edited by Trivaldi; 06-03-14 at 21:52. Reason: Flaming / Off topic after fair warning / Discussing moderation
    I AM IRON MAN

Original Plasma Wave Rider

I See Blue/Estimated Prophet/Big Five/Big Six/Big Seven/Wreckless/Gift of Anger/Pure Pyro/Undead Constructor
    17th, Wolf Pack and LGBT

Seller of rares and imps

Formerly of Nordic NCPD/Crackheads/NCAT/FF/BRTF/DOY

[ edited ]
    [ edited ]
    Last edited by Trivaldi; 06-03-14 at 21:59. Reason: Off topic after fair warning
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

Thread re-opened. Back on topic as outlined in the original post. Further off topic posts may result in thread closure.

Thanks,
    Last edited by Trivaldi; 06-03-14 at 22:23. Reason: Thread re-opened.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»I'm in a glass case of emotion!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERIRCGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

Anyway.

BACK ON TOPIC!!

Pub Quiz. Lets do it!

Alternatively what about a cannonball race. A nominal fee to enter - goes towards prizes. A whole team of drivers/possible navigators. Any car you like (as long as it has space for a passenger) to make it more fun and involving for newbs.

Everyone starts at NC gate. You get given a coord for a zone with a "clue" to where in the zone the next CP (checkpoint) is.

You head there, meet another player. He gives you the next "clue" to the next zone and a clue to where the next CP is. You go there. Find the next player, next clue and so on. Then the 4th CP is the final one and the finish line. First pair back (having confirmed that they have visited ALL four CPs by confirming with the referees at said zone) wins a prize. Any more than 4 CPs and it could take hours to finish. Ideally the whole race wants to take no longer than an hour before people get bored. More than 20 zones travelling and youre opening yourself up to all sorts of synching errors and crashes with vehicles and people zoning in the wrong place and stuff.

Perhaps 2nd/3rd/4th prize can be cash - basically to go towards paying for the cars.

Any violence or shooting of cars by players/clans/known associates of racers against other racers results in a simple dismissal of said racer and a forfeit of any entrance fee.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Uuuh, reminds me of the Neocron Cross Country Challange from Mars back then. T'was nice! Just with less shooting...
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places

I like the race idea, well worth trying I think. Especially since it is doable for LE´d, low-lvls, as well as for the top lvl runners. The idea seems pretty much finished to me, so could be put into action quite quickly.

Pub quiz is definitely doable too. Who have we got that is all geeked up on Neocron-lore, and can put together a quiz? Needs to be accurate, we are all a highly excitable group of guys prne to arguing. Ideally there should be a mixed lvl to the questions, both difficult, medium and easy, so as many as possible would join.

It is also possible with a little break for a beer tossing competition, see who gets closest to the wall, or some other mark, with their bottle. There are plenty of different colour bottles/snacks, so quite a few could enter that.
    I AM IRON MAN

I See Blue/Estimated Prophet/Big Five/Big Six/Big Seven/Wreckless/Gift of Anger/Pure Pyro/Undead Constructor
    17th, Wolf Pack and LGBT

Seller of rares and imps

POETRY SLAM!... too carebear?

I dont know what poetry slam is but I am pretty sure between a few heads we could come up with some questions privately.

I am thinking of stuff that people would have potentially known both in the lore and in the game currently. Some easy questions like "who are Protopharmas allies" and also some proper stinkers like how much to the nearest 1k credits is a TL69 Ryker Laser Cannon from the smuggler in via rosso 3. Something you REALLY need to have a guess at, thus making sure that noone cheated.

However we would need to have some form of anti cheat measure in place to make sure noone had an alt dual logged somewhere in the world to go and check on some stuff.

Questions would need to be current, vetted and closely guarded secrets right up to the event itself. Even having someone on comms (invisible to the quiz players) would be enough to ruin it. I would hope noone is that lame to do something like that tbh but you never know.

I don´t really think it is possible to safeguard against TS/vent/alts.

What you can do is do short rounds in the quiz, like giving 3 to 5 questions quite quickly, and then giving people say 3/4 minutes to deliver their answer to the quizmaster. That way you reduce the chance of people having time to check with techhaven/alts TS. Or having people send in their answers within a minute or so of the question being asked.
    I AM IRON MAN

17th, Wolf Pack and LGBT

Seller of rares and imps

Great idea. I like that. It's a shame to have to do it but I do agree.

Uhm, is BlackMAze still around? We could do it as a NeoCast with him as Quizmaster and people have to be on location to answer. With only 5 seconds or so, question for question.

Also: Poetry Slam... its really just whats labeled on the tin.

He´s been away for a bit and is gonna stay away for a bit I think. " I don´t think I´ll be making it back soon" is a direct quote from a convo he had with a mate. But you never know, NeoCrack might pull him back
    I AM IRON MAN

17th, Wolf Pack and LGBT

Seller of rares and imps

TechHaven Network *************** nEo-1664's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drachenpaladin View Post
    Uhm, is BlackMAze still around? We could do it as a NeoCast with him as Quizmaster and people have to be on location to answer. With only 5 seconds or so, question for question.

Also: Poetry Slam... its really just whats labeled on the tin.
    He´s been away for a bit and is gonna stay away for a bit I think. " I don´t think I´ll be making it back soon" is a direct quote from a convo he had with a mate. But you never know, NeoCrack might pull him back
    Not seen him around for awhile, but I did do a couple of broadcasts with him. Still can do if he doesn't mind me using the NeoCast name

Can still do it via Twitch, or via Shoutcast server as well, so very accommodating. Even a cheeky sponsor in from the THN might be possible
    The future is unknown until the present reveals it.
    [ Tech Haven Network ][ Item DB ][ Rares DB ][ NC-Wiki ][ NC2.2 Download ][ Fansites & Resources ]
    [00:07:39] [+Danae] the other guys are the tech wizards, i just find things :P i'm like google with boobs!

If you feel up to doing it, I don´t see why you can´t do it.
    I AM IRON MAN

17th, Wolf Pack and LGBT

Seller of rares and imps

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast