Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

One thing is clear. They have to address the LE chip in some way...

As it is right now there is absolutely no reason to remove your LE...EVER(from what I've heard) and that's a BIG problem...this game used to be about relying on clan mates and always checking your back to see who was around for fear of being pk'd. Now you level/farm in complete peace and safety. That's not the neocron I remember and fell in love with.

I'll admit that I'm a hypocrite and part of the problem, I have my LE in while I'm leveling(I was told about the LE penalty removal and how everyone keeps their LE's in nowadays so really wouldn't be fighting anyone around my level anyways) but a big part of me wants to take it out. I've almost reached a point where I'm gonna take it out (without getting capped first because I'm so fucking bored with mobs and at least now I MIGHT be able to fight someone and stand a chance even without rares).

So please devs do something about the LE, give people a reason to take it out (what was wrong with the system of removing it on your own but suffer a exp penalty if you kept it in?). PvP doesn't have to be your thing, I remember clans that didn't focus on PvP and still played the game for a long time (without LE's in)

Bottom line: too many people have their LE's in (and some keep it in waayyy after they've capped I've heard, wtf?) I remember when the game forced you to take it out after reaching /10 or /20...whatever though something needs to happen with the LE

/rant

This is a sensitive issue and even after one decade of NC there hasnt been found a perfect solution.

The current situation is not optimal as at the moment you can say: moving out your LE is a huge punishment and nobody instead of members of big pvp-active clans has got any incentive to do that.

Just one example to explain the situation in a better way:

At Canyon Reloading Point there were a bunch of people leveling in the cave. All but one unlucky guy had their LE installed. That unlucky guy got terrorized several times on several days. Peoples opinion about that was: "It is his own fault if he removes his LE".

The people who terrorized him are the same who are unhappy that there are so many LE-players and do not bring together the fact that they increase the incentive to keep the LE and never put it out.

As long as casual-gamers got heavily punished for removing the LE there is no reason to force them to do that.
    Casual gamers are the mass and casual gamers are "not so good" in pvp what results in frustration and leaving the game if they are forced to face experienced-pvp-players.

Quote Originally Posted by Naim View Post
    The people who terrorized him are the same who are unhappy that there are so many LE-players and do not bring together the fact that they increase the incentive to keep the LE and never put it out.
    In Germany there's a saying that goes "The cat bites its own tail" :-)

The interesting thing is that all hardcore PvP players I saw keep their LE in until they're near cap or even WoC and have the best equip. Then they remove it and moan about nobody being there to gank and kill. It's an attitude problem I guess.

I will try the following: The next time one of my six non LE leveling chars will be killed three times like yesterday at MB by a rare equipped 63 spy I will call for support on the alliance channel. Let's see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by ivan eres View Post
    in germany there's a saying that goes "the cat bites its own tail" :-)

the interesting thing is that all hardcore pvp players i saw keep their le in until they're near cap or even woc and have the best equip. Then they remove it and moan about nobody being there to gank and kill.
    qftmft!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Eres View Post
    The interesting thing is that all hardcore PvP players I saw keep their LE in until they're near cap or even WoC and have the best equip. Then they remove it and moan about nobody being there to gank and kill. It's a attitude problem I guess.
    But that is a question of Setups and Weapon-Balance. Not-capped and without the right weapons you are fragmeat atm. But:

I think that the LE-rules of the last years influenced the NC-culture in a very negative way.
    They lowered the pressure to interact with other players. On a 4-Slot-Server you could play nearly every aspect of the game on you own. Especially with a droner. Fixing the drone bugs made it a bit better, but there is still a lot of work to do.
    Last edited by Bruder Malmsdoo; 22-01-13 at 00:46.

only thing that will fix neocron will be a new client; this one is just to janky

Quote Originally Posted by Bruder Malmsdoo View Post
    But that is a question of Setups and Weapon-Balance.

I think that the LE-rules of the last years influenced the NC-culture in a very negative way.
    They lowered the pressure to interact with other players. On a 4-Slot-Server you can play nearly every aspect of the game on you own. Fixing the drone bugs made it a bit better, but there is still a lot of work to do.
    Seems like the games at the highest its ever been I cant completely agree with this, having to wait for someone in a different time zone from you to get your implants poked in or armor/weapons fixed to continue playing is just terrible imo