Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Quote Originally Posted by Dropout View Post
    Did you actually expect anything from Kirk..? I dont think I have ever "met" someone as unreliable as him heh.
    Then you need to get out in the world as Kirk is one of the hardest working and most determined mofo's I know of. Why don't you go and run a full fledged studio with dozens of employees, battle with shitty publishers, a crashing economy, all on a technological platform that evolves and moves faster than any human can keep up with and come back to me. Better yet why don't you do this for 10 years, hell I'd like to see you do it for 1, and throw all of the fun of a personal / family issues on top of that to boot.

You want a reason to give this man credit? You can still login and play Neocron when anyone else and any other company would have dropped this and let it die years ago instead of spending time and money to keep something alive for their fans and players that hasn't made them a dime in years.

When I learnt Kirk had personally financed the NC servers for a period to keep it going....he gained some serious credibility.

Hard to fault a guy willing to do that and support keeping alive a game we all love ( or hate ) it's still here as a result of a lot of committed people and I really don't care what state it is in( although the best its been for years mind!) as its still online!!!

quit bitching and be happy the bloody thing is still here.....

Fanboi

Closed - Until Further Notice

he earned a lifetimes worth of respect for keeping this game running when he didnt have to. that counts for a lot in my eyes. yes he said there would be an update but at the end of the day we got one from the devs. give the guy a break
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

giggidi giggidi gooo Ghostface_Speak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by flib View Post
    Source

What happened to this?
    it's still on,he didn't post which years end
    Inspector Mittens

Or it could be that the stuff that he was gonna tell us about is still in discussion so he is waiting a bit longer... Just like last time!
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

can anyone help me! i have tryed the last years! to get in the game again, propably 50 times... (now the last 3 days i have tryed 4 times to instal the game with patches and all, not everone is good to understand how to do it, lack of computer experience and lack of english. do it little bit harder to succes....

TechHaven Network *************** nEo-1664's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Retaard View Post
    can anyone help me! i have tryed the last years! to get in the game again, propably 50 times... (now the last 3 days i have tryed 4 times to instal the game with patches and all, not everone is good to understand how to do it, lack of computer experience and lack of english. do it little bit harder to succes....
    I realise this isn't really on topic, but: http://forum.neocron-game.com/showth...=1#post2198804
    Look at this post, install the DX and C++ Redistributables
    The future is unknown until the present reveals it.
    [ Tech Haven Network ][ Item DB ][ Rares DB ][ NC-Wiki ][ NC2.2 Download ][ Fansites & Resources ]
    [00:07:39] [+Danae] the other guys are the tech wizards, i just find things :P i'm like google with boobs!

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by unc0nnected View Post
    Then you need to get out in the world as Kirk is one of the hardest working and most determined mofo's I know of. Why don't you go and run a full fledged studio with dozens of employees, battle with shitty publishers, a crashing economy, all on a technological platform that evolves and moves faster than any human can keep up with and come back to me. Better yet why don't you do this for 10 years, hell I'd like to see you do it for 1, and throw all of the fun of a personal / family issues on top of that to boot.
    *sigh*
    Im gonna take a wild guess, you are still a teenager? Or maybe just living in your parents basement?

I DO have a lot of respect for the man..
    However, not keeping deadlines/promises is extremely unprofessional.

I Work in hosting myself, in one of the most succesful (MS) hosters in my country.
    I do not run it, no. But that does not mean I do not have responsibility in my Work.
    If i do not keep my Word or a deadline to a customer, Im going to get a major slap on the wrist. That is for paying AND non-paying customers. And the same would happen for the CEO from the investors.

And Im going to stress Again, I have a LOT of respect for Kirk. And what he have done is pretty much charity Work. And if I had been in his place there wouldnt be a Neocron anymore. I would have put the game Down, the second that it didnt turn in a profit. Thats just how the World Works (usually anyways.. Go Kirk! ).

But that does not mean that I would ever trust anything that he said.
    Lying Again and Again have a tendency to backfire like that..
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

I dont think even jesus had a gig as tough as this

(slight attempt at humour injection.)
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Let me guess by your first comment that you're still in your 20's as it seems the defacto response of someone your age to just assume everyone else who calls you out on your disrespect that their a teenager. Dont' tell me that you respect the man in the same breath as saying something as disrespectful as this: "Did you actually expect anything from Kirk..? I dont think I have ever "met" someone as unreliable as him heh."

I worked in hosting for 10 years but that doesn't mean that when I did I knew anything about game development, or the tribulations of someone elses life or their reasons for not being able to follow through on something as trivial as 'I'll update you at the end of the year'.

The man could hypothetically go back on everything he says, could make 1000 promises and never keep them as far as I'm concerned, as long as the Neocron Lights stay running(at personal expense to himself) what entitled right do any of us have to be upset, let alone take it one step further and childishly slander him publicly calling him the most unreliable person you've ever met?

Whatever though, this isn't worth the time to go on about, he set up expectations in you, those expectations weren't met and created disappointment and you voice that disappointment before really thinking it through. We're all human and do stuff like that online, I just didn't want it to stand unchallenged there like that especially not for a friend that I consider an inspiration to my life as a game developer.

Nuff said, let's get back to talking about the patches and let this lie

Quote Originally Posted by Dropout View Post
    *sigh*
    Im gonna take a wild guess, you are still a teenager? Or maybe just living in your parents basement?

I DO have a lot of respect for the man..
    However, not keeping deadlines/promises is extremely unprofessional.

I Work in hosting myself, in one of the most succesful (MS) hosters in my country.
    I do not run it, no. But that does not mean I do not have responsibility in my Work.
    If i do not keep my Word or a deadline to a customer, Im going to get a major slap on the wrist. That is for paying AND non-paying customers. And the same would happen for the CEO from the investors.

And Im going to stress Again, I have a LOT of respect for Kirk. And what he have done is pretty much charity Work. And if I had been in his place there wouldnt be a Neocron anymore. I would have put the game Down, the second that it didnt turn in a profit. Thats just how the World Works (usually anyways.. Go Kirk! ).

But that does not mean that I would ever trust anything that he said.
    Lying Again and Again have a tendency to backfire like that..

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011