The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Haxxor View Post
    AOE is the easiest way to level so i can see why people are asking for an AOE Rifle.
    Where does it end though? Melee AOE?
    By changing the handgranade req's to melee as someone has already said. Would make very good sence IMO.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

no need for a AOE rifle.
    If you want AOE, play Droner, APU, Heavy Tank.
    Rifle Spy is good enough atm, no need to lvl more and more easier than it is now
    Mars :
    WAR - Rifle Spy - Nikopol
    Terra:
    Tatsuya Egawa/Kazeshini/Tanya Tycoon

Titan:
    Nikopol / bald auch -> Kazeshini und Tatsuya Egawa wieder

AOE is the easiest way to level so i can see why people are asking for an AOE Rifle.
    Where does it end though? Melee AOE?
    Did you read the thread? a melee req. for hand grenades has been suggested, actually makes sense in a lore aspect, but not sure how it'd be balanced.

Uh like a modified flaregun or something. That could actually be pretty cool.
    Yeah something like that might work, or a high-tech version that lays down some small area damage - might require a lot of code and so on which is why I originally just suggested the Grenade Launcher - it already looks and animates like a rifle, and there are plenty of present day grenade launchers that are like rifles....

People want melee to have hand grenades?

Melee is close combat where the Fighter & Weapon are one.
    Hand Grenade is throwing a projectile which in effect is ranged combat.

What happened to common sense?

-= Fallen Angels - Titan =-
    | Smiler - Researcher | Mr Sandman - Constructor/Recycler | Lemmiwinks - Hacknet |
    | Haxxor - Droner | Zmiler - HC Tank |

People want melee to have hand grenades?

Melee is close combat where the Fighter & Weapon are one.
    Hand Grenade is throwing a projectile which in effect is ranged combat.

What happened to common sense?
    It also makes sense that a steroid-head melee Tank would be able to throw a grenade with some effect, no? Would throwing knives count as melee? We're only toying with ideas anyway, don't be offended :P It just might be a neat addition that means people would actually see them being used other than a ornament on someone's character.

Quote Originally Posted by Dissenter View Post
    It also makes sense that a steroid-head melee Tank would be able to throw a grenade with some effect, no? Would throwing knives count as melee? We're only toying with ideas anyway, don't be offended :P It just might be a neat addition that means people would actually see them being used other than a ornament on someone's character.
    Throwing knifes is also ranged combat. I know its only ideas but when the devs starting taking them onboard you'll have people start coming up with ludicrous ideas like lets make tanks ressurect people or monks should carry rocket launchers.

Instead of Rifle AOE how about introducing Explosives to the game which would require INT & TC the runner takes the beating while deploying the explosive and once deployed after x amount of time depending on skill they have a detonator which they can use to ignite the the explosive but it would require a safe distance otherwise runner would take damage from explosion.

INT 50 TC - 75 Basic
    INT 80 TC - 100 Mid
    INT 100 TC - 125 High
    INT 105 TC - 150 Extreme

| Smiler - Researcher | Mr Sandman - Constructor/Recycler | Lemmiwinks - Hacknet |

even though, melee is melee and not grenade suicide squad
    The ideas are not that bad, but it is like -> my neighbour got a new car, and want a new and better car or that class can deal hugh amount of damage in a wide area, and i want a weapon that deals more damage and a bigger area .......
    You have now 4 slot servers , what i pretty much dont like, but the times were over when the server were full with 1 slot servers so nvm , and now you have 4 slots for playing this game, so if you like the AOE part you can choose and create 4 characters.....
    Ithink we have other problems than implement new weapons to have carebear country save.....
    Mars :
    WAR - Rifle Spy - Nikopol
    Terra:
    Tatsuya Egawa/Kazeshini/Tanya Tycoon

Titan:
    Nikopol / bald auch -> Kazeshini und Tatsuya Egawa wieder

Throwing knifes is also ranged combat. I know its only ideas but when the devs starting taking them onboard you'll have people start coming up with ludicrous ideas like lets make tanks ressurect people or monks should carry rocket launchers.

Instead of Rifle AOE how about introducing Explosives to the game which would require INT & TC the runner takes the beating while deploying the explosive and once deployed after x amount of time depending on skill they have a detonator which they can use to ignite the the explosive but it would require a safe distance otherwise runner would take damage from explosion.

INT 50 TC - 75 Basic
    INT 80 TC - 100 Mid
    INT 100 TC - 125 High
    INT 105 TC - 150 Extreme
    You're dissing my suggestion to make melee users have grenades because you throw a grenade then you come out with something ridiculous like that?

Seriously?

We have turrets already. They are better than your c4. This isnt battlefield dude.

P.s if one class gets to use AOE then everyone should. That is the entire point of this thread.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    P.s if one class gets to use AOE then everyone should. That is the entire point of this thread.
    I didn't read your suggestion just the few previous posts about Melee and Grenades which common sense says shouldn't go together.
    It's that simple.

You said if one class gets AoE then everyone should. Classes are exactly that each have their advantages and disadvantages they all shouldn't have the same abilities otherwise what's the point?

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    ANY class can use AoE, similar to ANY class can use any other weapon. It's just a matter of top tl. Rifle spies are free to use grenades and grenade launchers. Tanks are free to use pistols and rifles, etc. The only more or less unique AoE - is psi one, but for some strange reason we don't see here any single thread about "oh gimme an AoE spells to my tankeh"

Quote Originally Posted by Linear View Post
    ANY class can use AoE, similar to ANY class can use any other weapon. It's just a matter of top tl. Rifle spies are free to use grenades and grenade launchers. Tanks are free to use pistols and rifles, etc. The only more or less unique AoE - is psi one, but for some strange reason we don't see here any single thread about "oh gimme an AoE spells to my tankeh"
    Oddly enough Tanks dont need psi AOE as they already have it with the MASSIVE CANNON they already use...

Haxxor I am the one who suggested the Melee requirement goes onto grenades.

Yes every weapon type should have aoe. I dont think you realise how much of an effect it has on game mechanics and it is something that we have campaigned for for years. Everyone (except the rifle combat chars) have aoe. It is not a case of every class as they all have some form of aoe. What we need is to have a rare rocket pistol and a rifle of some description to bring them into line with all of the other weapons.

Why dont rifles have it? they need it. It is that simple.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

I agree with William for the most part, I think just a lower powered AoE is better than nothing, like with Rocket pistols. They're nice, but compared to what Tanks and Monks can wield... - better than nothing though. Change GL to Dex + RC and add in a few lower TL rocket launchers for tanks muahahahaha
    Last edited by Dissenter; 03-10-12 at 17:32.

Agreed. To me it looks like Tanks should have the best AOE, then APU's. Pistols/rifles should have high single target dps with some weapon exeptions that deal average (at most) AOE damage , but ofcourse not as much as Tanks can do
    | Gutterson:Res-Rep | Givens:R-C PE | Iron Man:H-C |

Quote Originally Posted by Linear View Post
    A TL23 Grenade Launcher isn't going to do shit for a Spy.

Apart from giving him STR/CON xp.
    Your past record on the forums was quite poor but I'm willing to give you a second chance. As such your forum account has been re-opened for posting. Please try and stay within the forum rules this time around or your posting rights will be revoked again.

Thanks.

Nidhogg
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N . C O M

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast