Thread: Resoution

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Resoution

Is there a way to run NC in 1600 x 900?

It's the native resolution on my screen and trying to change the neocron.ini didn't work.

You pretty much can only run the game in resolutions that you can select. I recommend choosing a non-widescreen resolution, anyways, because the game displays graphical glitches in widescreen.

Order of the Black Flame yavimaya's Avatar

I never had a problem with widescreen glitches, yes they are there, but not that annoying.
    Thats one of the things i posted about a couple weeks ago.
    There is a command you put into your .ini that allows odd resolutions.
    The command was posted by a GM in this thread http://forum.neocron.com/archive/index.php/t-97934.html which is now gone - but was there a month or so ago - i suppose the new forum ruined some of the archive.
    If anyone knows the command, please post it! It allows you to input and run any resolution you like, like 1920x1080.

I think you need to change the line in neocron.ini using notepad

PREFMODENAME = "1920x1080x32"

Save the file in notepad and finally right click the neocron.ini file and set to read only.

I have no idea if that will work but your allowed to change it as far as I'm aware.

/edit obviously change it to the resolution and colour depth you want it to use

Example for the OP

PREFMODENAME = "1600x900x32"

and for 16 bit colour depth

PREFMODENAME = "1600x900x16"

wow, i cant believe the knowledge is lost!
    Even an oldie like little terror cant remember
    nah there was a command beyond that.
    Maybe it was hardcoded ages ago, which is why noone knows??? (??)
    it was like ALLOWCUSTOMRESOLUTION=1 or something that is close to obvious like that.
    It used to be that when you set your .ini to something it didnt like, it would just revert unless you had that line down the bottom of the .ini.

I hope someone can shed some light on this, because it would be cool to see NC take up my whole monitor in 1920x1080, even with the widescreen glitches.

What Lil T posted....

Just change it in the ini file, running it windowed at 1280x700 and fullscreen at 1920x1080 no problem.

The map ingame is odd at non 4:3 resolutions, but you should know it by heart anyway by now.
    Falk Keegan (jump!)

» A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. «
    - The Notebooks of Lazarus Long

People might be forgetting to set the ini file to read only after making changes, if they can't select their resolution from the drop down menu in hardware configuration, the game will over write any custom changes in the ini file if its not set to read only.

I've not had to change resolution in the ini file, so I have not idea if it works, I'm just guessing. I'm currently using 1440x900 at fullscreen.

/edit

Also I think your desktop will have to be set to the resolution and your monitor must support it, I know that sounds self explanatory, but some might not have it setup right.

I tried 1600x900 in the .ini file, when the game starts it simply forces me to change the resolution.

Any ideas?

Same here, if you know a way around it please say so.

fuck that thread, I've found the solution

- New option in neocron.ini: 'LIMITMODES = "FALSE"' removes the limitation of the fullscreen modes. No liability for display errors in the main menu and R.P.O.S. (In other words, you can use uncommon resolutions like widescreen)
    http://neocron.dk/?action=patch

its in the patch notes for patch 188

FUUUUUUUUCK!! LIL T!!!! you found it!!!!
    you found it!!!!
    can we get this stickied please???

LIL T FUCKING FOUND IT!!!!

TechHaven Network *************** nEo-1664's Avatar

Will get a copied resource over on the THN at somepoint, or a stickied thread on the forums somewhere
    The future is unknown until the present reveals it.
    [ Tech Haven Network ][ Item DB ][ Rares DB ][ NC-Wiki ][ NC2.2 Download ][ Fansites & Resources ]
    [00:07:39] [+Danae] the other guys are the tech wizards, i just find things :P i'm like google with boobs!

Quote Originally Posted by yavimaya View Post
    FUUUUUUUUCK!! LIL T!!!! you found it!!!!
    you found it!!!!
    can we get this stickied please???

LIL T FUCKING FOUND IT!!!!
    Does it work then?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast